Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

leak in the radiator?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:05 # 1
zgr
hello guys I had my car taken to the service the other day. for ignition coil replacement. At that time, the master said that there should be a leak in the radiator. I did not care much about the money I gave to the coil at that time. I would yaptıra. I came home in the evening and parked the car. When I looked at the water container for checking the next day, I saw that there was no water left. I immediately added water up to 1 liter. I ran the car, there was no problem. 1km. the vehicle was working normally. the water in the water bowl looked very bad, seeming rust. those around me mixed with oil. They said things like you've burned a seal. What problems does the vehicle cause when the water runs out completely? What symptoms does the vehicle give? though I will go for a radiator replacement tomorrow, but once I got into my mind. I would appreciate if those with knowledge help. thanks...
08.05.2020 17:05 # 2
koliva
In fact, what we call water is the motor cooling water. Since there is no engine cooling without water, the temperature rises dangerously. The first damage to the extreme heat will be the gasket, but larger failures may also occur. Reviews
08.05.2020 17:05 # 3
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] Actually, what we call water is motor coolant. Since there is no engine cooling without water, the temperature rises dangerously. The first damage to the extreme heat will be the gasket, but larger failures may also occur.
[/ QUOTE]
Thank you for your interest. As usual, you immediately came to my rescue. Do you mean if the temperature has increased excessively, the needle will come to red? and how much coolant takes radiator. Is it more than 1 liter? Is there a possibility of water in the cooling system in the cooling system even though there is no water in the expansion vessel? How can we understand if the water runs out completely and damages the seal? & nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:05 # 4
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr]
Thank you for your interest. As usual, you immediately came to my rescue. Do you mean if the temperature has increased excessively, the needle will come to red? and how much coolant takes radiator. Is it more than 1 liter? Is there a possibility of water in the cooling system in the cooling system even though there is no water in the expansion vessel? How can we understand if the water runs out and damages the seal? & nbsp;
[/ QUOTE]

The needle may not come to red. Let me explain the reason for this. The water in the radiator will go from the flue in the radiator, this is certain. When the engine is at 90 degrees, the thermostat will open and this time the water in the engine will start circulating through the radiator. In this case, the water coming from the engine will follow. This process will continue until there is no water left in the vehicle. Of course, the following water depends on the size of the leak in the radiator. If it is too small, it will take a long time for all the water to drain. I don't know what the size of the leak is in your case. In total, your vehicle has around 7 liters of coolant. I do not know exactly how much of this radiator is buying, but it should not be less. It is definitely more than 1 liter. If the seal is damaged, oil will get into the coolant and this will be evident from the expansion vessel. Camurlasma gozukur. Was there antifreeze in your vehicle, was there any previous water changes? Reviews
08.05.2020 17:05 # 5
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = zgr]
Thank you for your interest. As usual, you immediately came to my rescue. Do you mean if the temperature has increased excessively, the needle will come to red? and how much coolant takes radiator. Is it more than 1 liter? Is there a possibility of water in the cooling system in the cooling system even though there is no water in the expansion vessel? How can we understand if the water runs out and damages the seal? & nbsp;
[/ QUOTE]

The needle may not come to red. Let me explain the reason for this. The water in the radiator will go from the flue in the radiator, this is certain. When the engine is at 90 degrees, the thermostat will open and this time the water in the engine will start circulating through the radiator. In this case, the water coming from the engine will follow. This process will continue until there is no water left in the vehicle. Of course, the following water depends on the size of the leak in the radiator. If it is too small, it will take a long time for all the water to drain. I don't know what the size of the leak is in your case. In total, your vehicle has around 7 liters of coolant. I do not know exactly how much of this radiator is buying, but it should not be less. It is definitely more than 1 liter. If the seal is damaged, oil will get into the coolant and this will be evident from the expansion vessel. Camurlasma gozukur. Was there antifreeze in your vehicle, was there any previous water changes?
[/ QUOTE] There was no anti-freeze when I bought
. the water was like mud. I was antifreeze. when I added water after this leak, there was the same image; like mud. & nbsp; My first thing in the morning is to go to the service. What have I seen now?
08.05.2020 17:05 # 6
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr]
There was no antifreeze when I received
. the water was like mud. I was antifreeze. when I added water after this leak, there was the same image; like mud. & nbsp; My first thing in the morning is to go to the service. What have I seen now? I wish you could take a photo of it. Since the vehicle is used without antifreeze, the radiator has rust. When you received antifreeze when you received it, the antifreeze inserted this pass and was pierced. I hope you only save with a radiator. If you have the opportunity, have a look at the circulation pump. Reviews
08.05.2020 17:05 # 7
Peugeot306
The color you call as the color of the mud on the radio is the color of rust as your friend says. said. Meanwhile, if the water in the radiator is drastically reduced and the water is not completed, the engine will burn until the engine burns out.
08.05.2020 17:05 # 8
MagicPerformance
Why do you replace the leak radiator?
08.05.2020 17:05 # 9
EErgul
go to the accessories, a dust clogging the radiator hole is sold for 2-3 TL. give it a try. Check often there is water shortage. I think if you do not solve the radiator, I think. I had used it in my old vehicle, it was cut, I missed it and then I used it for months. it works. I was talking about dust wood shavings, you add to the radiator water. application is very simple
08.05.2020 17:05 # 10
zgr
[QUOTE = umutrizaergen] Where do you replace the leak radiator? [/ QUOTE]
it's been a while since i could not post in the forum. but I could read the answers. in the upper right corner of the leak radiator. there is a plastic piece on top where it meets the metal part. said the master does not keep resources. He said if you want to get a solid job, change it. I changed it too. was cleaned with a drug, new antifreeze & nbsp; was put, the tank cover changed.
08.05.2020 17:05 # 11
zgr
[QUOTE = Peugeot306] The color you call the radio color in the radiator is the color of the rust as the friend says, antifreeze, we let the past pass through the radiator and mix it with the water and take that color. I showed it, he said exactly what I wrote. Meanwhile, if the water in the radiator is drastically reduced and the water is not completed, the engine will burn until the engine burns out. There was no problem with the engine. "Let's not do welding or silicon work," said the master. I said okay let's replace it completely. As you said, that muddy was rusty. & nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:05 # 12
zgr
[QUOTE = EErgul] go to the accessories and a dust blocking the radiator hole is sold for 2-3 TL. give it a try. Check often there is water shortage. I think if you do not solve the radiator, I think. I had used it in my old vehicle, it was cut, I missed it and then I used it for months. it works. I was talking about dust wood shavings, you add to the radiator water. the application is very simple [/ QUOTE] & nbsp;
I made the change my friend. The dust you said I'll try if it happens to me again. Thank you.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”