Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

lambda sensor

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:03 # 1
zgr
hello guys When I took my car to the exhaust inspection, a text appeared on the connected computer screen as lambda sensor malfunction. what is this lambda sensor? What does it do? & nbsp;
and my car has been repeated four or five times recently on the way. it doesn't work when i start the starter right away. it works after ten or fifteen minutes. can this lambda sensor cause such a malfunction? thanks for your interest ...
08.05.2020 17:03 # 2
koliva
Lambda sensor is also called oxygen sensor. It measures the amount of oxygen in the fuel that burns in the engine. Accordingly, the brain of the vehicle adjusts the air + fuel mixture and fastens the idle.
According to the exhaust inspection problem, I think there is a problem with your vehicle's catalytic converter. Reviews
08.05.2020 17:03 # 3
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] Lambda sensor is also called oxygen sensor. It measures the amount of oxygen in the fuel that burns in the engine. Accordingly, the brain of the vehicle adjusts the air + fuel mixture and fastens the idle.
According to the exhaust inspection problem, I think there is a problem with your vehicle's catalytic converter.
[/ QUOTE]
thank you. passed the exhaust inspection 3 times. though the exhaust is also in a very bad condition. If the air adjusts the fuel mixture, it can cause it to stop if it fastens the idle, then isn't it?
08.05.2020 17:03 # 4
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr]
thank you. passed the exhaust inspection 3 times. though the exhaust is also in a very bad condition. If the air is adjusting the fuel mixture and it keeps the idle, it may cause it to stop, then isn't it? I think you can connect your vehicle to a computer in a service and get a better understanding of what the problem is. Is there an error message on the trip computer screen? Like antipollution fault?
08.05.2020 17:03 # 5
tellotello
As Mr. Koliva said, it measures the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust gas, producing a voltage that can be read by the ECU, indicating that the air-fuel mixture is very poor or rich.

An excellent document here var (in English);

http://www.gmfmotorfactors.co.uk/pdf/ngklambda.pdf & nbsp; & nbsp;
Reviews
10. If you look at the picture in the 13th question on the & nbsp; page, you may notice in more detail where it is located (could be in different places in different vehicles) and what it does. & nbsp;

In general; There was information that the fuel consumption and traction decreased in the oxygen (lambda) sensor malfunction. Do you have such a situation? Also, lambda sensor failures could cause the catalytic converter to fail over time. & Nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:03 # 6
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = zgr]
thank you. passed the exhaust inspection 3 times. though the exhaust is also in a very bad condition. If the air is adjusting the fuel mixture and it keeps the idle, it may cause it to stop, then isn't it? I think you can connect your vehicle to a computer in a service and get a better understanding of what the problem is. Is there an error message on the trip computer screen? Like antipollution fault?
[/ QUOTE]
I'm going to the service tomorrow morning. but I wanted to have some information before I left. I'll share the result tomorrow here. thanks for your attention.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 7
koliva
Mahmut Bey document was great. I downloaded it to my library, thank you.

Ozgur Bey, did you cancel your catalyst? Is the engine fault light on? Does it write antipollution fault on the screen?
08.05.2020 17:03 # 8
zgr
[QUOTE = tellotello] As Mr. Koliva said, it measures the amount of unburned oxygen in the exhaust gas, producing a voltage that can be read by the ECU, indicating that the air-fuel mixture is too poor or rich.

There is a great document here (in English);

10. If you look at the picture in the 13th question on the & nbsp; page, you may notice in more detail where it is located (could be in different places in different vehicles) and what it does. & nbsp;

In general; There was information that the fuel consumption and traction decreased in the oxygen (lambda) sensor malfunction. Do you have such a situation? Also, lambda sensor malfunctions could cause the catalytic converter to fail over time. & Nbsp;
[/ QUOTE]

thank you. I looked at the inke but I couldn't understand because I had no English. I did not take a measurement on fuel. but I realize that it fell out of occasional draft. I'm going to have it checked at the service tomorrow. let's see what? & nbsp;
08.05.2020 17:03 # 9
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] Mahmut Bey document was great. I downloaded it to my library, thank you.

Ozgur Bey, did you cancel your catalyst? Is the engine fault light on? Does it show antipollution fault on the screen?
[/ QUOTE]
I did not cancel the catalyst. I don't know if it was done before me. however, the paper on the exhaust inspection caught my attention and says there is no catalyst. Maybe the friend who did the examination chose it so I don't know. I do not have a trip computer, there is no text on the screen. engine fault light comes on after stopping. but a few km. goes out when you go and stop and run it again. I think it saves these lights in fault memory, right? can be seen when connected to the computer.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 10
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr]
I did not cancel the catalyst. I don't know if it was done before me. however, the paper on the exhaust inspection caught my attention and says there is no catalyst. Maybe the friend who did the examination chose it so I don't know. I do not have a trip computer, there is no text on the screen. engine fault light comes on after stopping. but a few km. goes out when you go and stop and run it again. I think it saves these lights in fault memory, right? It can be seen by connecting to the computer. Yes, all errors are registered. If you take the error codes (not their explanations) and share them here, something more clear can be said.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 11
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = zgr]
I did not cancel the catalyst. I don't know if it was done before me. however, the paper on the exhaust inspection caught my attention and says there is no catalyst. Maybe the friend who did the examination chose it so I don't know. I do not have a trip computer, there is no text on the screen. engine fault light comes on after stopping. but a few km. goes out when you go and stop and run it again. I think it saves these lights in fault memory, right? It can be seen by connecting to the computer. Yes, all errors are registered. If you take the error codes (not the explanations) and share them here, something clearer can be robbed.
[/ QUOTE]
If I can be found at the beginning, I will get the vehicle's error codes. I'll share it tomorrow. thanks again ...
08.05.2020 17:03 # 12
zgr
Hello. I left my vehicle for service today. I couldn't wait at the beginning. But when he connected to the computer, he made many mistakes. the injectors had a chassis in the electrical connection and said oxygen probes, the master could not do his job because there were holes in the exhaust. said they overhauled their electrical connections. exhaust also corrected. There is no problem for now. let's see. Thank you for your interest.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 13
koliva
Come on. The hole in the exhaust was on the catalyst side, the oxygen sensors caused a problem. They applied a temporary solution. If he does it again in the future, you will go for a replacement.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 14
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] Let's get past. The hole in the exhaust was on the catalyst side, the oxygen sensors caused a problem. They applied a temporary solution. If he does it again in the future, you will go for a replacement. [/ QUOTE]
thank you. yes, the master said it would be temporary. I hope I will change it as soon as possible.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”