Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

KN AIR FILTER

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 13:59 # 1
Guests
AIR FILTER It is the cheapest and easiest application. The logic of the event is to make the engine get more fresh air. Normal, standard air filters are made of a paper-like substance and are located in a box attached to the engine unit. This box draws air from the front of the car through a pipe, and this air passes through the paper filter into the cylinders, into the combustion chamber. The resistance applied during the passage of air through the filter directly affects the air entering the engine. For this, performance type air filters have been produced. In addition to holding dirty air like paper filters, these filters make the engine breathe easier because they pass air through paper filters more easily. These filters are also of three types. 1 In-Box Filter: These types of filters are removed from normal paper air filters and placed in their old places. They are of the same type and size as paper filters. 2 Open Filter: This filter is connected directly to the air inlet of the engine by removing the box, which we just mentioned, connected to the motor unit and the pipe that allows it to breathe. Thus, resistance is reduced and air suction is easier. 3 Bolt-On Open Filter: This filter type is considered as the version of the direct filter applied to injection cars for carburetor vehicles. But unlike them, the air is mounted not on the end of the suction pipe, but directly above the throttle. Points to consider in the application: There is a point to be considered in open filter applications. This is that the air entering the engine should not be hot. If an air inlet support is not provided to the open air filter, the filter will not be able to absorb the heated air under the hood, which will degrade engine performance. The best performer of such applications is to cut the bonnet directly, if a hole is opened on the bonnet, like the Subaru Impreza, with the air filter in the mouth, it will be able to provide a significant improvement in performance by taking the air filter comfortably through this hole. If you do not want to, either for the open filter, you will direct clean, cool air to the open filter through a sufficiently large pipe somewhere in front of the car, or use an in-box filter. However, in-box filters do not have as much contribution as an open filter, which is well applied in terms of performance. In addition, open filters produce a louder and sportier sound than in-box filters. Advantages, disadvantages Let's say this when the subject is opened, the only disadvantage of performance type filters is that they make a lot of noise. If you are a sporty-hearted person, you will like this sound too much, but it can be a bit challenging on long roads or when your dad gets on the car. The advantages of the open filter are not counting. They increase performance, reduce fuel consumption, increase engine torque at every revolution. Yes, a good open filter application increases the engine power by about 5%, besides, it provides fuel consumption of around 0.5lt at 100km and also makes the engine stronger at low revs compared to the old one. When it comes to air filters, the first brand that comes to mind is K&N, besides, there are many brands such as EAFY as Turkish production and Green, Jamex, ITG, RAMAIR in other foreign filters. EAFY, RAMAIR and ITG have come out as the highest performing filters in a test performed by the auto-show magazine in terms of performance. Also, since EAFY is a Turkish brand, it has an obvious price advantage. MELİH2008-11-28 22:12:03
08.05.2020 13:59 # 2
sinan-s
Thanks for sharing ..
08.05.2020 13:59 # 3
Guests
[QUOTE = sinan-s] Thanks for sharing .. [/ QUOTE]
I'll request SİNAN ABİ Star
08.05.2020 13:59 # 4
Guests
Melihcim it was a really nice expression especially the graphics are very nice

You said EAFY and Aydın Güpgüpoğlu came to my mind.

Aydın brother is the former owner and founder of EAFY. If I reach, we will surely become a member of our site.
08.05.2020 13:59 # 5
iLLeGaL
thank you very much for your helpful sharing, melih brother ...
08.05.2020 13:59 # 6
Guests
[QUOTE = DERAN_TUYNER] Melihcim it was a really nice expression especially the graphics are very nice

You said EAFY and Aydın Güpgüpoğlu came to my mind.

Aydın brother is the former owner and founder of EAFY. If I reach, we will surely become a member of our site.
[/ QUOTE]
I'm happy to like you brother
If you reach you, you said that we will become a member. I saw that determination in you as soon as possible. LOL
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”