Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Is the in-car software updated?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 14:03 # 1
Darkside
Hi friends, there is a subject that is stuck in my head and I want to ask you.

There are programs used by authorized or special services, and through cable, these programs can connect with the software in the vehicle and access information about the vehicle, errors and operations such as turning on / off functions.

So can the software in this tool be updated? like a kind of update. How does Windows keep its software updated by updating, is this also valid for cars?

respects
08.05.2020 14:03 # 2
hasimayaz

What is it you want? is chip tuning ?? or to print the software developed by the manufacturer for new models ??

For example, in HDI motors 2006 and above 2006 motors have different software so there is a 5 HP difference between them.
08.05.2020 14:03 # 3
Darkside
Thanks for your answer..
It's not a mechanical update or physical change I'm talking about.

I mean, by updating the software in the vehicle, the number of information given in the versatile indicator, the language of communication is Turkish, adding or renewing features that can be operated with belt audible warning or similar software.

For example, in some models, it is reported with the text which door is open, whereas in the flashing lamps it is understood that the door remains open, but it is not said which door it is.
Or a text that shows that cruise control is activated appears on the screen.

I hope I could tell.

08.05.2020 14:03 # 4
Guests
For example, if the right door is open on the screen, it shows that the right door is open.
08.05.2020 14:03 # 5
Darkside
[QUOTE = EmRaH] for example, if the right door is open on the screen, it shows that the right door is open. [/ QUOTE]

Does it show or write?

It shows me schematically too, but since the indicator returns to the radio screen while it is in motion, it does not show what door is open, nor is it written.
08.05.2020 14:03 # 6
peugeotefe

Of course, this is possible, for example, if your car is the empty model of the 307, if your tape recorder plays the cassette, you select it and update it by playing a CD in the configuration section.

08.05.2020 14:03 # 7
hasimayaz
What is the model of the vehicle?
08.05.2020 14:03 # 8
Darkside
[QUOTE = hasimayaz] What is the model of the vehicle? [/ QUOTE]

307 sw otm gear 2003 model

Think like this; You have a Nokia mobile phone. Get the software version 1 inside. When you enter the Nokia update (of course this is not the case for these cars, but it will be in the future) version increases from 1 to 2, and you have a look at a lot of new features available to us as software on your phone. Also, without making a physical add-on to the phone, without changing something.

I mean something like that.
After all, the software inside the car is a kind of operating system written in a computer language. Couldn't this be a new one?
I wonder if I'm too confused ...
08.05.2020 14:03 # 9
hasimayaz
[QUOTE = Darkside] [QUOTE = hasimayaz] What is the model of the vehicle? [/ QUOTE]

Think like this; You have a Nokia mobile phone. Get the software version 1 inside. When you enter the Nokia update (of course this is not the case for these cars, but it will be in the future) version increases from 1 to 2, and you have a look at a lot of new features available to us as software on your phone. Also, without making a physical add-on to the phone, without changing something.

After all, the software inside the car is a kind of operating system written in a computer language. Couldn't this be a new one?
[/ QUOTE]
The software is being updated, but do not expect such drastic changes, only problems arising during production are eliminated, but of course some features can be opened by intervention in the software. This software is not updated, it only occurs by activating those features with the service computer. For example, opening the cd changer or aux port ..
08.05.2020 14:03 # 10
Darkside
[QUOTE = hasimayaz] [QUOTE = Darkside] [QUOTE = hasimayaz] What is the model of the vehicle? [/ QUOTE]

[/ QUOTE]
The software is being updated, but do not expect such drastic changes, only problems arising during production are eliminated, but of course some features can be opened by intervention in the software. This software is not updated, it only occurs by activating those features with the service computer. For example, opening the cd changer or aux port ..
[/ QUOTE]

In fact, there is no need to extend the subject, you already gave the answer I expected in the first sentence.
If updates are made but there is no drastic change, then it is unnecessary to follow the update of the "in-car software".

But soon, the wifi modules (or cable) will be connected to the car manufacturers' sites and the software within the vehicle will be updated. Because the technology is heading here.
08.05.2020 14:03 # 11
hasimayaz
[QUOTE = Darkside] [QUOTE = hasimayaz] [QUOTE = Darkside] [QUOTE = hasimayaz] What is the model of the vehicle? [/ QUOTE]

[/ QUOTE]
[/ QUOTE]

In fact, there is no need to extend the subject, you already gave the answer I expected in the first sentence.
If updates are made but there is no drastic change, then it is unnecessary to follow the update of the "in-car software".

But soon, the wifi modules (or cable) will be connected to the car manufacturers' sites and the software within the vehicle will be updated. Because the technology is heading here.
[/ QUOTE]
This system exists in BMWs. As soon as the vehicle enters the service roof, all problems are checked over wifi. They use Cisco Aironet in their services.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”