Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Irregular Fuel Mode

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
02.03.2021 13:27 # 1
aslan308sw
Hello Peugeot lovers,

I'm new to the forum and I came here to write because of a problem, it's true, but of course I love my own Peugeot and I'm looking for a solution for it. < / div>

I think the chance of having a problem that I will write about is already in a thousand, even if I see if the subject has already been discussed as per the rules I'm sure under one, I still hope for your help.

I go to my problem without further ado, 2009 I have been the second owner of my 1.6 HDI 308sw Premium Pack model vehicle for two years and it can be said that I have taken care of it more carefully than the previous owner, I chose my vehicle because of its type, it is a blessing for those who love the station wagon and Peugeot's swings in almost every model.

Here's the problem; When I stop and start during the flow of traffic, or mostly when accelerating or slowing down in gear change, an irregular fuel consumption occurs, more precisely, the consumption is x2 or x3. It does not lose power, its torque does not decrease, but the consumption increases at that moment, and for example, if the cruise control keeps the speed constant when I activate it, it continues to go above and beyond, not smooth. The frequency with which this problem occurs is 2 or 3 times a week in the car I drive every day.

Let's say it's uphill in this state. You go down in the lower gear and it shows between 1.4 - 2.0 lt on the slope where the consumption will normally be 0 lt (zero), and when I give the throttle while the gear is idle, abnormal shaking comes from the engine after 2000 rpm. / div>
While I was going that way, after a while (2 min or 10 min) everything returns to its original state as if nothing happened, unfortunately, the special service I take my vehicle to He cannot make a suggestion for the problem and asks me to bring it while he is, but as I wrote, the moment and duration of the problem is unclear.

Hope you don't have such a problem, best regards.

02.03.2021 15:45 # 2
muzzy35
It is normal to increase the gear change in traffic, my teacher
If you throw idle down the slope, it will consume fuel while going downhill, if it drops to 0, it will show between 1 and 2 liters because it is idling. What you told me seemed normal or I did not fully understand :)
04.03.2021 13:59 # 3
aslan308sw
I know the problem is not very understandable,
First of all, thanks for the answer, let me write this time,
first of all the problem with the vehicle occurs from time to time ,
-Let's say I get down the same slope while there is no problem, the instant fuel indicator shows 0 lt at that time,
- this problem has arisen before reaching the same slope the next day, again in gear and I do not give gas again, the instantaneous fuel gauge shows a value between 1.4 - 2.0 liters, and when the incline is over and I give gas to maintain my speed, the value I normally need to see is 4.0 or 5.0 liters, at that time 8, I see 0 or 12.0 liters, to be more understandable, imagine that my rev counter is also at 2500 rpm, also there is a contraction in the car in the meantime, when I travel for 2 minutes or 10 minutes, the problem ends by itself until the next time.
It's not a very general problem as I wrote before, even get help from the service I am not, I love my vehicle and I want to think maybe it's a simple problem, that's it
04.03.2021 14:23 # 4
muzzy35
In other words, if the absurd situation does not cause any problem in the course of the vehicle, there is probably a sensor that calculates it, maybe it is confused in the measurement by the way, so the more experienced friends comment will be closer to the solution.
05.03.2021 17:16 # 5
muzzy35
[QUOTE = aslan308sw] Hello Peugeot lovers,

I'm new to the forum and I came here to write because of a problem, it's true, but of course I love my own Peugeot and I'm looking for a solution for it. < / div>

I think the chance of having a problem that I will write about is already in a thousand, even if I see if the subject has already been discussed as per the rules I'm sure under one, I still hope for your help.

I go to my problem without further ado, 2009 I have been the second owner of my 1.6 HDI 308sw Premium Pack model vehicle for two years and it can be said that I have taken care of it more carefully than the previous owner, I chose my vehicle because of its type, it is a blessing for those who love the station wagon and Peugeot's swings in almost every model.

Here's the problem; When I stop and start during the flow of traffic, or mostly when accelerating or slowing down in gear change, an irregular fuel consumption occurs, more precisely, the consumption is x2 or x3. It does not lose power, its torque does not decrease, but the consumption increases at that moment, and for example, if the cruise control keeps the speed constant when I activate it, it continues to go above and beyond, not smooth. The frequency with which this problem occurs is 2 or 3 times a week in the car I drive every day.

Let's say in this state, it's uphill. You go down in the lower gear and it shows between 1.4 - 2.0 lt on the slope where the consumption will normally be 0 lt (zero), and when I give the throttle while the gear is idle, abnormal shaking comes from the engine after 2000 rpm.

< / div>
While I was going that way, after a while (2 min or 10 min) everything returns to its original state as if nothing happened, unfortunately, the special service I take my vehicle to He cannot make a suggestion for the problem and asks me to bring it while he is, but as I wrote, the moment and duration of the problem is unclear.

Hope you don't have such a problem, best regards.

[/ QUOTE]

Today, I paid attention to me, as you said, but as you said.
Even though I do not press the throttle when the vehicle goes downhill when the vehicle is in high gear, that is, when the rev counter goes down to 1000 it seems to be burning liters, but I think the reason for it is that it is sending fuel so that the vehicle does not stop because the speed is falling, so (I think) it is not a normal situation to worry about it is in vain go to the masters and change things &# 128517;
09.03.2021 09:29 # 6
aslan308sw
Unfortunately, this comparison is not relevant to my problem either,
Because; The problem I have mentioned, namely the situation I call `` irregular fuel mode '' since I have not found it in the literature, is not stable, so when you repeat your experiment, it will give the same result, although I do not fall at 1000 dd, normally, the general rule is `` descend with the gear you climb ''
But let me give you another example so that the problem I mentioned is not stuck in a certain place, apart from the slope example, it is an example of a flat road;
Example 2;
-This time, let's say I am moving on the A road, which will be counted straight at a certain point, with my vehicle, no problem arises, 5th gear 2300dd speed 95km / h (cruise control) = instant fuel indicator 3.5 lt vehicle travel smooth.
-Another day, the same part of the A road and the problem begin, again 5. gear 2300dd speed 95km / h (cruise control) instant fuel gauge 7,0 lt and vehicle departure is rough
Also, if I haven't activated the cruise control so that we don't focus, it can still cause problems.
< / span> I also talk about my theses and counter theses, I think this problem would be more permanent if the parts such as fuel injectors and throat used while transferring the fuel to the engine were problematic. -space: pre "> If it is related to the Turbo, as I wrote before, it continues at very slow speeds in idle or 1st gear. hite-space: pre; "> Thanks again for trying to help muzzy35, but as you wrote, I think someone with experience could help me.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”