Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

I'm a new member, I have questions :) 206 xs 1.6

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
12.02.2022 11:33 # 1
bahadir63
First of all, greetings to everyone

8 months ago, I bought a 2002 model 206 xs 1.6 petrol LPG vehicle. Thank God it hasn't caused any trouble so far, but now there are things that come to my mind, I wanted to consult you

My first question is about the open air filter, it was there when I bought it, I didn't have it installed, it looks like something lousy and if I come to my question about the filter, the front cover fell off recently, should I change this air filter, should I buy a 206 stock air filter box or is it okay if I use an open air filter like this? If not, I also need a brand recommendation

My second question is, after this filter cover falls, a high-pitched sound is produced as I gas the vehicle, especially in third gear, could it have something to do with the fall of the air filter cover? ? Or is it a different situation?

My third question is that I couldn't open the gas tank cap today morning, how can I open it

Thank you in advance< /div>
14.02.2022 11:41 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello, when it comes to the answers to your questions, my opinion is of course

1-if possible, find the original air filter boiler and install it, I think this type of filter is unnecessary, after all, it is an atmospheric vehicle and does not contribute to the vehicle except for the sound.
2-probably due to sound filter.
3-gas tank lock engine has failed, it needs to be disassembled and checked.
19.02.2022 17:05 # 3
bahadir63
I bought a new head for the air filter for 200 TL, because the original air filter box + pipes etc. would exceed 1000 TL
I had the gearbox oil checked for the gear problem, it was very low, I went and bought oil and filled it with the axle seal. no more gear shifts softened, the sin of the weekend is 700 TL :)
21.02.2022 14:46 # 4
arifbsrn
The lid of the gas tank sometimes wouldn't open for me either, sir.
I squeezed wd-40 instead of the lock and waited for a while, then it opened.
Then I applied very thin grease to the playing part from the inside.
There has been no problem for about 6-7 months.
24.02.2022 01:14 # 5
bahadir63
I did the same thing, sir, but I forgot to write, the problem was solved with wd40
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”