Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

idling too high

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:11 # 1
lazerburak
friends, I had a problem with the westinghouse started to miss and I know that it can fluctuate and shake idle, sometimes it goes up to 4000 and sometimes it stops, usually in 2000 revolutions, please help friends if this car is related to this westinghouse or could it be another breakdown please help !!! ! lazerburak 2017-02-12 21:16:54
08.05.2020 20:11 # 2
sonerkyl
frankly, I have never heard that westinghouse affected that much or I don't know. This can cause problems if the vehicle has LPG. I say clean the throttle.
08.05.2020 20:11 # 3
lazerburak
There is no LPG in the vehicle, it has become a problem after it has entered the maintenance and it may have been a problem when I came to my mind when adapting and installing an air filter?
08.05.2020 20:11 # 4
sonerkyl
If there is no LPG, I think the throttle problem will be cleaned and adapted. Check the filter hoses, etc. if it was after maintenance, as you said, it may be absorbing more air than an uncompressed part.
08.05.2020 20:11 # 5
lazerburak
Thank you for the information, the throttle was cleared, but I do not think it was adapted and I will look at it and we will solve the problem in a short time.
08.05.2020 20:11 # 6
lazerburak
friends were late reply but we changed the idle height completely westinghouse and all the problem disappeared
08.05.2020 20:11 # 7
sonerkyl
I couldn't understand how the strange braking system was related to idling. Anyway I'm glad your problem got solved.
08.05.2020 20:11 # 8
lazerburak
I couldn't tie it up too much, but it probably was affecting the engine air intake rate.
08.05.2020 20:11 # 9
sonerkyl
hmm let me investigate let's see for the first time burak Thumbs Up
08.05.2020 20:11 # 10
lazerburak
I found this information, let me inform you if there are friends who are going to have this explanatory bit strange malfunction.

Brake Servo Fault Controls
Method 1: Stop the engine running, press and release the brake pedal several times, the brake servo is defective if the brake pedal does not become stiff, especially after about the 3rd press, as the brake pedal is pumped.

Method 2: Stop the vehicle, pump it by pressing and releasing the brake pedal while the engine is not running, the brake pedal will become stiff. Start the vehicle with the brake pedal depressed, you will feel the brake pedal soften and come down. If this happens, the brake servo is intact, otherwise, the brake servo is defective.

The most common causes of brake servo failure are that the brake servo vacuum hose is torn-cracked-dislocated or the connection clamps are loose. The vacuum hose connects the brake booster and the intake manifold. In gasoline vehicles, the vacuum of the brake servo is provided from the intake manifold, while in diesel vehicles there is also a vacuum pump (mechanical vacuum pump or electric vacuum pump), since there is no vacuum in the intake manifold.

If the brake pedal is too hard, the vacuum hose should be checked first. If the vacuum hose is intact, then check the vacuum hose check valve at the brake servo inlet.
If you are a diesel vehicle owner, if the vacuum hose is intact, check the vacuum pump, if the vacuum pump is faulty, the brake servo will not work and the brakes will harden. In diesel vehicles, the vacuum pump is usually located on the cylinder head.

ALINTIDIR. :)
08.05.2020 20:11 # 11
ggitaristt
I think it's pretty logical.
The engine gases constantly to create a vacuum for the brake .. The same thing happened to Tofaş, but there was no mechanism to increase the idle and the vehicle was working hard due to hose failure.
06.02.2021 23:04 # 12
Erhan026
There is an air inlet in the brake servo. Because the bellows is torn, the air is leaking and it may fluctuate due to the escaping air.

07.02.2021 23:24 # 13
ismailkaya
Vestunhavuz butterfly throat oil vapor hose and gasoline tank vapor evacuation hose are attached to the manifold, if there is a crack or disconnection in one of them, your idle will increase. Also, the manifold itself must be properly installed and the gaskets must be properly installed.
30.09.2021 20:17 # 14
sozuak
The brake booster is connected to the part of the intake manifold after the throttle body via a check valve. The check valve (on the large piece in the form of a cylindrical disc connected to it behind the brake hydraulic tank, 2 cm in diameter and 2 cm in height, one side is connected to the servo and the other to the manifold with a hose) leaks air over time or its hose melts, cracks, breaks. In this case, extra air is sucked into the manifold. The MAP sensor also detects this and supplies fuel to the engine. This also increases the idle speed. In other words, just as the idle motor opens and adjusts the speed by giving air, there is an uncontrolled air intake.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”