Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

I spilled brake fluid

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:05 # 1
simirnoffredbull
last week I sacrificed my ignorance, added attribution to brake fluid, today I removed the box by removing all oil and dot 4 ... actually I did not add too much but I still put it when it should not be put. What annoyance can cause me ... when it comes out will show itself when it is predicted and how to understand. I write this especially that other friends should not fall victim to the same mistake or if someone like me reads a little, it will be useful :)
08.05.2020 17:05 # 2
koliva
ATF is a kind of mineral oil. However, DOT oils are not mineral, but alcohol-based. All parts of the braking system, such as plastic hoses, are always DOT compatible. It is very difficult to predict what can happen. However, since this braking system has a risk of getting 0.001%, it is not worth taking this risk. Maybe the masters you will consult will say nothing, but my advice is, nevertheless, do not take the precaution and change the oil in the system.
08.05.2020 17:05 # 3
simirnoffredbull
Thanks..I removed the box and emptied it & nbsp; I hope it hasn't gone into it ..
08.05.2020 17:05 # 4
spearo
my friend has orings that can work without interacting with any type of fluid. Oring will be chosen according to the fluid of the environment.

The brake system may swell in contact with the ATF (I'm not sure I don't know the type of oring), mineral oils have such an effect, they work with a special oring.

clean thoroughly, not immediately, but you will prevent problems that may occur in the future, the brake will not be a joke ..

08.05.2020 17:05 # 5
simirnoffredbull
thanks for your information
08.05.2020 17:05 # 6
cerci07
I had added a little different oil that had come to my head, I did not realize that I did not check the oil in a period of 6 months a year in the advancing time. or did not hurt abs
get past
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”