Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

I am not satisfied with the gearbox oil :(

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 18:02 # 1
Guests
good evening everyone.
this evening my gear shifts may have softened so I changed the gearbox oil.
I couldn't find the 75W80 of castrol or mobile.
I bought a total of 75w80. I am not very satisfied. In reverse gear, especially sometimes it does not engage, I pump the clutch again. Even if the toothed or synchromesh nail tip is broken, he says that the lacquer will make a lacquer sound or throw it out of gear.

Would it be better if I found and bought mobile or would the result not change?
08.05.2020 18:02 # 2
Guests
I am interested in this issue. I will put the vehicle into maintenance tomorrow, what are the friends' experiences?
08.05.2020 18:02 # 3
elestern
hocam sokta share the results with us

08.05.2020 18:02 # 4
Guests
In any case, it will be a good idea to get oil suggestions. I had the latest Mobil1 performance oil from the new life series, the canister was like 150 lira, but this time I do not want to pay that much oil.
08.05.2020 18:02 # 5
hsnsnl
I think it is not necessary to give the oil to the transmission oil until it is enough.
08.05.2020 18:02 # 6
Guests
The engine I was talking about was oil.
08.05.2020 18:02 # 7
Can Oksuz
[QUOTE = maverick] good evening everyone.
this evening my gear shifts may have softened so I changed the gearbox oil.
I couldn't find the 75W80 of castrol or mobile.
I bought a total of 75w80. I am not very satisfied. In reverse gear, especially sometimes it does not engage, I pump the clutch again. Even if the toothed or synchromesh nail tip is broken, he says that the lacquer will make a lacquer sound or throw it out of gear.

Would it be better if I found and bought mobile or would the result not change?
[/ QUOTE]

The exact same of your distress happened to me in my corsam. The master went under the vehicle and made a setting. Fixed. He said what happened, but I don't remember much.

Also, if there is a problem with normal gear shifts, there may be a problem with the clutch ball. You said that it is passing by when it is pumping. This brought me the clutch ball directly. But I guess you didn't have a problem with normal forward gears?
Can Oksuz 2013-11-05 21:21:30
08.05.2020 18:02 # 8
Guests
Guys, let me say this before the subject is scattered.
you will get engine oil such as 5w30 ... whether total or castrol or mobile.
There is no harm in this. You can not understand the difference anyway.
but this gearbox oil is such a meld that it shows up in seconds when you put a disproportionate oil.
either the gears are passing hard or garcling.
Thank God I have no problem in forward gears. sometimes it is not always, when I shift into reverse, I do not have to either clutch the clutch; or grinding.

3 masters looked. They said there is no problem. Even if there is a small fraction of gear or synchromesh, they said that it makes humming, lacquering or shifting from gear. The master even made a ride by spending 4000 revolutions in reverse.
Thank goodness nothing.

the oil I bought said 75W80 .... service. but since I can not find mobile, I put total. I wonder if it would be better if I bought mobile ...

08.05.2020 18:02 # 9
qqyyxx
The important oil number, the rest, advertising marketing etc.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”