Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

How To Fix The Plate? Help please..

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:28 # 1
Guests
Hello to everyone. About 2 months ago, I removed the black plates, wiped the black parts of the plates with thinner, and glued them with silicone and double-sided tape. Come on, 1 month after sticking, he started beating off pits.
I glued the beating places again, but in vain. It just keeps it away. How are the people sticking? What is the trick?
08.05.2020 15:28 # 2
m.peker

berkay I glued it with silicon and double-sided tape. It was very strong. See you next week. Nothing has happened for 3.5 years.

08.05.2020 15:28 # 3
Guests
[QUOTE = is mtfpk]

berkay I glued it with silicon and double-sided tape. It was very strong. See you next week. Nothing has happened for 3.5 years.

[/ QUOTE]
Under the bumper of the 307s, either the plate locations are so flat. In our curved pole. Though he does it again. Gülme
08.05.2020 15:28 # 4
werty

Double-sided tape to the curved parts of the numbers and frame, then fix it to the bumper with the duct tape until you install it. I did it like that, no rain, no problem. I even slid the front bumper underneath the pavement, which was so strong, did not even open the plate. but if you want to disassemble it then i don't know how to disassemble it =)

08.05.2020 15:28 # 5
azdek
My brother never has to deal with adhesives. The process is complete with 2 small screws.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 6
metin
I had a broadway, then I pasted it for 5 years, it didn't say click, we sold it recently.
The last day, 307`s master double-sided tape had been heated and adhered lasted for 1 week fell, I siliconized now the bumper comes when I pull it.
There are some tricks in the siliconing cone.
I think that after cleaning with thinner or cleaning with thinner, get dry powder free with dish soap, etc. in the thinner.
Then mark the edges by aligning the plate where you will put it before sealing it so that it does not overflow from the edges when working on average after siliconing.
If the plate of the bumper is curved not flat, shape it by stretching its edges to sit on it before siliconing.
last but not least. Silicon should not be horizontal in the shape of "=======", but in the form of "IIIIIIIIIIIII", it should be siliconed in an upright position, so that the incoming water comes out from below and does not remove the silicone.
After the sealing and bonding is finished, fasten the plate with the paper tape used by the body shop.24 hours, until the silicones are thoroughly dry, then take the tape.
Good luck with (:
text 2011-05-26 19:53:06
08.05.2020 15:28 # 7
azdek
If you say I do not pierce my car, it is necessary to apply what Metin says.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 8
Guests
Finally, I bought these plates, but I didn't wear it because it wouldn't be nice. Gülme

-

08.05.2020 15:28 # 9
mdincer34
I had applied on my old car, I bought a quality silicone and when I bought double-sided tape, I bought double-sided tape with a high kg that I can stand on it, it was like stone.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 10
forewer_fb
you need to bend the plates very lightly, you need to touch the bumper when you check it without sticking, you just need to press the silicone press and fix it with paper masking tape for 1 day. I did the same application, it was super like a stone ..
08.05.2020 15:28 # 11
volkan_uysal
When I bought it for the first time, I went to a familiar master after a few attempts, he said to me ... take the brand double-traffic tape (I do not remember the brand), then clean it nicely and stick it on the back of the plate completely, even though it is dished, it never threw ... mahal ...
08.05.2020 15:28 # 12
badcombatant
The plate of my vehicle was silicone, and when I entered the authorized service, I saw that it was fastened with 3 screws in the front and rear bumper, a total of 6 screws. but those who say "let us feel comfortable" can also support with double-sided tapes.
Some authorized service has a problem with the plates, they don't change the plates without looking at the vehicle.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 13
oguzhan29
I made it with full silicone, it keeps it beautiful so I just had a small accident last time.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 14
metin
[QUOTE = badcombatant] The plate of my vehicle was silicone, I saw that my vehicle was attached to the authorized service and when it came out, I saw that it was fastened with a total of 6 screws in the front and rear bumper. Turning only the silicon is fine, but those who say we can feel comfortable can also support it with double-sided tapes.
Some authorized service has a problem with the plates, they don't change the plates without looking at the vehicle.
[/ QUOTE]
I saw that they just removed the riveted plate to remove the ad just below and put their own ads.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 15
Guests
[QUOTE = text] I had a broadway, then I pasted it for 5 years.
The last day, 307`s master double-sided tape had been heated and adhered lasted for 1 week fell, I siliconized now the bumper comes when I pull it.
There are some tricks in the siliconing cone.
I think that after cleaning with thinner or cleaning with thinner, get dry powder free with dish soap, etc. in the thinner.
Then mark the edges by aligning the plate where you will put it before sealing it so that it does not overflow from the edges when working on average after siliconing.
If the plate of the bumper is curved not flat, shape it by stretching its edges to sit on it before siliconing.
last but not least. Silicon should not be horizontal in the shape of "=======", but in the form of "IIIIIIIIIIIII", it should be siliconed in an upright position, so that the incoming water comes out from below and does not remove the silicone.
After the sealing and bonding is finished, fasten the plate with the paper tape used by the body shop.24 hours, until the silicones are thoroughly dry, then take the tape.
Good luck with (:
[/ QUOTE]
Sırıtma This information will be very useful to me when I have new plates made. Thanks ..
08.05.2020 15:28 # 16
eren8er
I screwed it on 2 sides is ok .. I do not care much about the image distortion.
08.05.2020 15:28 # 17
metin
[QUOTE = eren8er] I screwed it on 2 sides, it is all right .. I don't care much about the image distorts it. [/ QUOTE]
If you do it with small black screws from the corners of the black frame of the plate, it will not be obvious. If you make white in the frame, you will also paint the screws and they will not show up again because it is small.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”