Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

How is the automatic gear lighting bulb changing?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 15:11 # 1
fho
Hello friends
I was stuck on a subject and I couldn't find a place to research, I do not want to give money to the service, electrician in a simple bulb replacement, if anyone knows, please help.

I have 2000 Model Automatic 206 XR ...
The backlighting of the characters (PRND 3 2) showing the automatic gear position (next to the gear lever) does not work.
The service said that the team needs to change for the lights to turn on, it costs 300-500 TL, but it seems ridiculous to me. Can't I remove myself and replace the faulty bulb?
Even if there is no bulb inside but there is another soldered lighting system, it is okay. I can do it again. Is it opened?
Is there anyone who can help?
Thanks in advance
08.05.2020 15:11 # 2
fho
I have one more question...

Is there an ODBII connector in the 2000 model 206? Where is it?
08.05.2020 15:11 # 3
mimitt
I do not know much about your vehicle, but the automatic 406's same bulbs had exploded.
Then when you remove the place where the letters are with the help of a screwdriver by paying attention to their teeth, the bulbs appear, I used a small bottomless bulb in 406. In this way, you can realize 25 bulbs in the industry and the whole bulb.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 4
fho
I tried it as you said, but after the frame comes out, the thin plastic sheet with the posts that should come out is attached where the 3 small buttons on the right (S * 1) are located.
Should I first remove these buttons?
I can only forcefully remove those buttons with a screwdriver, but the outer surface of the screwdriver that I will insert is definitely damaged, can there be another way?
08.05.2020 15:11 # 5
mimitt
If you push that section upwards from the bottom and put it in an upright position, it will come out easily, so it is the same as logic 406, and then you can easily access the bulbs.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 6
fho
[QUOTE = mimitt] If you push that section upwards from the bottom and put it upright, it will come out easily, so it is the same as logic 406, and then you can easily access the bulbs. [/ QUOTE]

Which Department Wall

I do not understand, sorry, are you talking about buttons or plastic sheets?
I can't reach the bottom of the buttons from the bottom, the plastic plate has nails, I think it doesn't move, but it gets up when you push it by a screwdriver from the edges, but it hangs when it comes to the buttons :(

NOTE: In the meantime, I think I opened the issue in the wrong place.

08.05.2020 15:11 # 7
Onur
The ODBII connector is on the left below the headlight adjustment knob. For me, the automatic lights are not on. Gülme
08.05.2020 15:11 # 8
fho
[QUOTE = Honor] ODBII connector is on the left side below the headlight adjustment knob. For me, the automatic lights are not on. Gülme [/ QUOTE]

The friend who sold the car was a very close friend and claims to be burning Sırıtma Are you sure?
It makes sense for me to be on fire because there are 3 buttons there, they should be visible at night, peugeot did not leave this incomplete.
By the way, you said that there is an ODBII connector, but if you have 2000 models, I would like to ask this again and make sure, because I would order an externally mounted trip computer, so I wouldn't have bought it.
Thanks for the answer
08.05.2020 15:11 # 9
Onur
By ODBII, I mean, I might have misunderstood the connector connected to the computer. there might be bulbs in the transmission, I do not have a clear knowledge, but if it does not burn in mine, I would have learned something like that Gülme
08.05.2020 15:11 # 10
fho
Okay, it is true that I mean the connector that the vehicle is connected to the computer, if it is available in 2000s, there are external externally mounted road computers, we can get everything from fuel consumption to engine temperature and malfunctions :)

Transmission lighting remained in suspense :(
08.05.2020 15:11 # 11
monur
Unfortunately, there is no lighting system like you mentioned in the 206s. Only the LEDs of the Snow and Sports mode buttons on the gear light up. Be careful when removing the tray that says P, R, N, D, which is a very weak material. But if you say that I will remove it in the province, it does not come off without removing the long plastic casing, which also includes the hand brake from behind. The nails are under it.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 12
dinoco
[QUOTE = monur] Unfortunately, there is no lighting system as you mentioned in the 206s, friends. Only the LEDs of the Snow and Sports mode buttons on the gear light up. Be careful when removing the tray that says P, R, N, D, which is a very weak material. But if you say that I will remove it in the province, it does not come off without removing the long plastic casing, which also includes the hand brake from behind. The nails are under it.
monur so many tks i will be in the service tomorrow I will be beating the whole part :)
it would be a shame I am bidding the men bidet, it was burning or not because it was burning .. do not have another chance so if we put a led there prnd 3 2 below the characters ?? so the characters are so ?? do you know my friend == ???
08.05.2020 15:11 # 13
mimitt
Is your vehicle tirptonic or automatic, there is no light in the triptonics I know, but I know it is in the autos. I might know it wrong.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 14
monur
[QUOTE = dinoco] [QUOTE = monur] Unfortunately, there is no lighting system as you mentioned in the 206s, friends. Only the LEDs of the Snow and Sports mode buttons on the gear light up. Be careful when removing the tray that says P, R, N, D, which is a very weak material. But if you say that I will remove it in the province, it does not come off without removing the long plastic casing, which also includes the hand brake from behind. The nails are under it.
monur so many tks i will be in the service tomorrow I will be beating the whole part :)
it would be a shame I am bidding the men bidet, it was burning or not because it was burning .. do not have another chance so if we put a led there prnd 3 2 below the characters ?? so the characters are so ?? do you know my friend == ???
[/ QUOTE]

Sorry for the delayed answer. Unfortunately, the metal part sticks on a black hard plastic underneath that plate. In this case, we have no chance to illuminate that part. If the part with the metal plate and the letters were transparent, maybe it could be dealt with.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 15
dinoco
Thank you, we learned this.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 16
monur
You are welcome to write what I wrote for the fully automatic transmission type AL4.
08.05.2020 15:11 # 17
dinoco
I guess the same gearbox type was produced until 2004.
After removing that part in the service and separating the plastic from the metal outer surface,
I will apply the illumination after piercing the letters from the letters by heating them in a small way and then fix them, and then I will fit the metal outer surface to the plastic and mount it.
I guess it will be time but I have to see it first
08.05.2020 15:11 # 18
monur
I do not understand how you can make that metal part transparent.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”