Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

How are tire sizes determined in vehicle design?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:39 # 1
Guests

In motor vehicles, the load of the vehicle is put on the wheels first via the chassis and then through the suspension system. Wheels consist of two main parts. The first portion made of steel and alloy wheels , the second part located in contact with the soft parts, the wheel is a tire. Tires cannot be attached directly to the vehicle, they are placed on the rims. The wheels carry the tires on them, enabling the tires to perform their duties in the best way possible. As the rims are vital parts that provide driving safety, they must be sufficiently durable to withstand vertical and lateral loads, driving and braking forces and various other forces acting on them. Wheel tires have an important place in today's changing and developing environment. It is of great importance in terms of people's life and property safety. No matter how fast the developments in the automotive industry are, tires will still set the main limit. That's why tire manufacturers are investing heavily in research and development. After this basic introduction, let's get to the tire selection in vehicle design. Tire sizes are selected to meet the expected requirements of the vehicle produced. After safety, economy is the main focus of the choice of tires for vehicles. In addition, long working life, smooth wear geometry, low rolling resistance, good traction properties, low weight, and the possibility of chain placement and coating are considered. In contrast to the tires of passenger cars, the rolling resistance of the tires of commercial vehicles has a greater impact on fuel consumption by 20-30%.

Source: auto current
08.05.2020 15:39 # 2
Guests
nice sharing ... health to your labor .. thank you for enlightening us my colonel ...
08.05.2020 15:39 # 3
Guests
[QUOTE = by_ersin] nice sharing ... thank you for your labor .. thank you for enlightening us, my colonel ... [/ QUOTE]

Thank you Brother, if we can be useful, how happy each other is for me
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”