Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Hood Buzz - Noise When Engine Is Not Running

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 207
08.02.2023 17:10 # 1
antipollution

Guys, I need your opinions. There is a buzz when I turn on the ignition with the engine not running in the hood. There were some problems that the vehicle had experienced in the last 1 month, and if I tell them, it can give an idea about this sound.

1 month ago is called my misfire, I don't know if it's a knock. Regardless of speed, the vehicle makes a split-second knock. As if the fuel was cut off momentarily, the engine jerks the vehicle and it is as if the fuel was not gone instantly. This was happening 2-3 times a day, but not yet. Some days it didn't happen at all.

10 days the fuel runs out 2-3 seconds after the first start in the morning like the revs drop and STOP. When I run it for the 2nd time, it takes 6 seconds of long cranking and it recovers and there is no problem again. Even though I press the accelerator pedal all the way down from time to time for the first few km, there is no reaction sound in the engine. It was passing after 2-3 km.

This morning again STOPed 2-3 seconds after the first run. Then I opened the hood and had a look. I turned the ignition on, but I thought I'd look at the car for the second time without starting it. As soon as I opened the hood of the car, I heard a sound. Strange noise even though the engine is not running. Like the buzzing sound that sometimes comes from streetlights or old tube televisions. It occurred to me that one of the sensors might have made a ground or it might be from an electrical cable. I listened to the sound for half an hour. There are many sensors and parts where the sound comes from. Suspecting one of the parts, I searched the net for the code, it says diesel pump for 1.4 hdi. I knew the fuel pump was in the tank. Could this sound be the fuel pump? Since I'm in the village right now, I don't have a chance to show it to the master. But I'm wondering what's the problem?

10.02.2023 23:38 # 2
talip206
Sir, when the ignition is on, the tiring sound usually comes from the parts of the throttle, so it's normal.
Next time you focus on that side, you can confirm this situation.

The other thing you mentioned. the problems seem to be a fuel filter and a fuel pump problem
15.02.2023 12:48 # 3
antipollution
The noise was caused by the diesel pressure sensor on the fuel pump, sir, it was excessive like 1:40 in the video below. It sounded like there was a ground in the power cable. Anyway, we bought the piece for 2 thousand TL and installed it, it doesn't sound that intense anymore, but it still makes a very small amount of sound from the same piece. I hear it if I am in a completely silent environment and at half-start, that is, when I turn on the electricity. Maybe after the incident, when I get a bad temper, I don't even hear a little voice, it makes me wonder if there is a problem with the socket.

However, this problem that stops at the first start in the morning, works normally at the second long start and does not do it again during the day continues.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”