Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Hidden Features

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » Rifter
19.09.2022 16:37 # 1
Rifter GT
Hello friends,
I am a member of this site today and this will be the first location. I bought a brand new Rifter GT about 1 month ago. Since it is a new tool, I look at chats and videos about this tool both on the web and on Youtube whenever possible. One issue especially caught my attention, some groups or people on Youtube are talking about activating some features they say as hidden features in PSA tools. Of course, there are videos about this too. To give a concrete example; My vehicle's equipment does not have automatic parking assist and fog lights with cornering light. So much so that these features are not even optional in my vehicle. However, the groups I mentioned claim that they unlocked these features, which are not even in optional equipment, by making some coding. They even state the price on their website. I asked them some questions from the WhatsApp numbers they gave very clearly, but they did not even answer. Now, the first questions that come to mind here are; Is this action legal? Does it void the warranty or something, but I'm not one of them. Of course, these questions are important, but what I'm really curious about is this. Why are these features hidden? I bought the highest hardware, if my vehicle has the 2 features I mentioned above and can be activated by coding, why would the manufacturer turn these features off?
19.09.2022 16:44 # 2
Rifter GT
I think I opened the issue in the wrong place, I apologize to everyone.
23.09.2022 10:39 # 3
KILIC
Hello. Good luck with your car. Turn-sensitive fog should actually be in your vehicle. If you are new to the vehicle, I think you should contact the place where you bought it, let them open, if these features are closed. As a sales strategy, some features are generally restricted in most brands. Having it done outside does not invalidate the warranty of the vehicle, but they may cause problems in the service logic.
29.09.2022 08:35 # 4
Rifter GT

Hello,
I went to the service shop where I bought the car yesterday, they checked it. They said that my car does not have a cornering sensitive fog light feature.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”