Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Headlight Yellowing

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 17:29 # 1
samet206
Friends, I do not think that there will be yellowing in my single headlight, do we have a chance to do a winter work on the price that will be able to whiten it with great chance from the yellowed sun?
I have researched sanding events before, but how healthy is this process I can not trust?

My headlight is not transparent in this way, but it looks a little yellow compared to the other one, it makes a difference.
samet206 2013-04-03 00:01:21
08.05.2020 17:29 # 2
qqyyxx
Sand with 800 (may be even finer) sandpaper and plenty of water without scratching, then apply a beautiful finish. it is better if you make the polish with spiral. If it is caused by glass, there will be a little improvement, but if it is from the inside it will not be very useful.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 3
rockwaryumm
Outside, definitely try the cake, I did it in two vehicles, it worked close to one hundred percent
08.05.2020 17:29 # 4
samet206
Thank you guys, I think it is external because there is no steam, etc. There was no steam in the sun, and I came across a lot of cleaning products in big markets, but I had a cake polisher for the headlight. products did not hit the gozume, where can we find it? I did research, it would make more sense to buy a new headlight in the prices?
08.05.2020 17:29 # 5
rockwaryumm
[QUOTE = samet206] Thank you guys, I think it is external, because there is no steam, etc. There was no steam in time, I came across a lot of chewing products in big markets, but the cake shine for headlight etc. products did not hit the gozume, where can we find it? I did research, it would make more sense to buy a new headlight in the prices?
[/ QUOTE]
There will be no cake we know. Isn't it enough for anyone to come to the tip of a little overhead? When I was in the service, I tried to apply it from the bodyshop to the top, and it worked first. We made the bidet corolla and made it shine.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 6
Serkan
I had small stains on the outside of the headlights, yesterday my hand passed 600 grit, I sanded it and then wiped it with a cake.

For headlight cleaning, wet the headlight with 600, 1200, 2000 and 3000 sandpaper respectively, then wipe it well with a paste, polish it well with the last headlight varnish, it becomes like zero, but it does not take much sad because the protective layer on its surface disappears, the higher the quality of the headlight polish it is. it stays clean for a long time.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 7
fexzi
I hope it helps .. The application is like that in order .. Pictures are at the bottom .. It can take management issue as headlight cleaning.

The same material used in polycarbonate demijohns.
We sand for about 10 minutes with 600 grit (under water)
then we continue with 1000,1200,1500,2000 and 3000 sandpaper if any. (again under the water)
then we paste the cake with the outer surface beautifully until all the capillary scratches are removed. (by machine)
and wash the inside and outside with dishwashing sponge and prill. and let it dry.
We now polish the dried polycarbonate material with meguiar`s plastix polish and a good cotton.
and now we have clean windshields.

Now it's time for the reflector and lens. we unscrew the reflector and take it out. compressed and DRY air
We clean the bowl with. We collect dust with cotton. wiping the lens and inside the conical reflector of xenon.
and it's time to close.

we use the polyurethane adhesive on the headlight again. industrial blow dryer
We heat the adhesive again and connect the cover with the reflector.
and we wear circlips. The headlight is ready for assembly. security purpose if you wish
With polyurethane silicone and wet wipes, you can squeeze some silicone on the top.

Pictures ...

08.05.2020 17:29 # 8
Guests
Sir , can I apply your narratives on the windshield of the car? there are minor scratches
08.05.2020 17:29 # 9
samet206
what you are really telling is showing yourself in the pictures that are very nice and understandable. I am very thankful if I set the equipment and entertain :)
08.05.2020 17:29 # 10
samet206
[QUOTE = 307bursa] little advice sanders are not normal.
Other details, Fevzi brother explained very well to you, may health be easy for you
Do not be afraid while performing the process alone, because when sanding, an intermediate headlight seems to be terrible, but if you perform the operations in order, you will finally reach the desired cleaning.
[/ QUOTE]

Thank you again, I know for your knowledge, I used to use water sandpaper, but if I did not know, I would have ruined my head, I have informed you.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 11
serkan719
Note: After doing this process, you get that bright layer on the headlight and your headlights turn yellow faster every year or every 2 years. change the windows if possible. otherwise you have to. There is also a boring material in the headlight painting style, I recommend it too.

Address: Şaşmaz :)
08.05.2020 17:29 # 12
fexzi
After doing these operations, you should not neglect its maintenance, it can be applied to polyurethane transparent glasses, the process does not matter in the glass we know.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 13
samet206
[QUOTE = serkan719] Note: After doing this process, you get that bright layer on the headlight and your headlights turn yellow faster every year or every 2 years. change the windows if possible. otherwise you have to. There is also a boring material in the headlight painting style, I recommend it too.

Address: Şaşmaz :) [/ QUOTE]

He said this to other friends, it wouldn't take 2 years, it would be the sun in summer, it would be old in the middle of winter. it is not so illogical to clean anymore :)
08.05.2020 17:29 # 14
fexzi
[QUOTE = Honor] If there is no serious yellowing, do not hurt the sandpaper, I regret it. are there any reconstructing that protective layer? Do the headlight cleaners throw protective covers? [/ QUOTE]

If you read the sharing a little more carefully, you will find the answer ... If you apply meguiars Plastix after sanding a few coats and apply it again at certain times, you will ensure its brightness and original image.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 15
fexzi
[QUOTE = onurazgin] [QUOTE = fexzi] [QUOTE = onurazgin] If there is no serious yellowing, do not regret sanding, I regret it .. it is very bad when the protective layer on the headlight is gone. are there any reconstructing that protective layer? Do the headlight cleaners throw protective covers? [/ QUOTE]

If you read the sharing a little more carefully, you will find the answer ... If you apply meguiars Plastix after sanding a few coats and apply it again at certain times, you will ensure its brightness and original image.
[/ QUOTE]

I actually read them all, now I read them again. As far as I know, a plastix polish product is the layer that I am talking about - the layer that prevents ultraviolet rays from entering and yellowing the headlight is like foil, but it is different from the raw material of plastic. they pretend they are throwing varnishes. that is, does it form a layer other than removing micro scratches on the surface? Or do we have to apply it to keep it clean every year? [/ QUOTE]

It would be nice if you apply it at intervals, 6 months is not ideal in applying it very often, it will make it, and it will remove deep scratches at a certain rate, it also contributes to the appearance of the headlight by creating a certain layer.
08.05.2020 17:29 # 16
serkan719
After cleaning, we can squeeze a product. Let me examine it a little more. I will provide you with precise clear information.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”