Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Gasoline Smell Inside the Vehicle

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:47 # 1
OguzhanKucuk61
When I got into the car last night, there was a smell of gas in the car. I looked right and left without running. Armpit, trunk etc. Then the smell seemed to pass. I ran it, I went. When I got on this morning, the smell continued. To see if there is a leak by the engine, I took the heating in the outside air and blowed it to the face and looked for any odors.
I took it to the master and lifted it up and looked under it. We did not see any wetness or leaks. He said there might be a leak in the exhaust. I took it to my exhaust. Not sure if it was related to the smell of gasoline, he detected a leak and closed the leak. The whirring sound disappeared while going downhill in the period. However, I just got off the car and looked at the smell.
What might this smell be about?
Where should I check?
It seems to me that it is passing or getting used to when it airs.
If you have an idea, please help.
It bothers my mind.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 2
pejokoray
Is there moisture in the mat under the driver's seat. To understand that you may have to lift the mat and look.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 3
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = pejokoray] Is there wetness in the mat under the driver's seat. To understand that you may need to lift the mat and look. [/ QUOTE]

I have moisture, but that moisture is due to the slight cooling of the cooling water.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 4
sonerkyl
Look under the back seat, bro. There is a lid there, remove it. Let's see there is a buoy.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 5
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] Look under the back seat, bro. There is a cover there, remove it. Let's see there is a buoy.

It will be my first job soon, brother thank you
08.05.2020 20:47 # 6
talip206
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = sonerkyl] Look under the back seat, bro. There is a cover there, remove it. Let's see there is a buoy.

It will be my first job soon after, bro thank you [/ QUOTE]

Exactly. I was going to write, but I looked under the seat, you wrote so I did not. Remove the black cap under the back seat, most likely the pipe is cracked. The classic 206 problem. It happened to me too.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 7
OguzhanKucuk61
I looked under the seat, but I did not lift that cover. Having an opportunity I couldn't get off and look today
08.05.2020 20:47 # 8
pejokoray
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = pejocora] Is there wetness in the mat under the driver's seat. To understand that you may need to lift the mat and look. [/ QUOTE]

I have moisture, but that moisture is due to the slight cooling of the cooling water. [/ QUOTE]

My honeycomb was bleeding under the full driver's seat bursting. When combined with the smell of the mop, it made a different stench that made moisture as well. That's why I said you are smelling that scent, so I asked.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 9
OguzhanKucuk61
That smell is another. Moldy officially the car will rot. You have to sort it out sometime.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 10
ggitaristt
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] That smell is different. Moldy officially the car will rot. You have to sort it out sometime. [/ QUOTE]

Big smile I think your car is addicted .. At night, gasoline smells and finds its head .. The cover under the back seat is probably cracked, gasoline vapor is filling in .. It is very dangerous in hot weather, it explodes like a bomb ..

By the way, today I got into the car with wet feet in the rain in the afternoon, and when I got back in the evening, I got that familiar smell of mold again.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 11
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = ggitaristt] [QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] That smell is different. Moldy officially the car will rot. You have to sort it out sometime. [/ QUOTE]

Big smile I think your car is addicted .. At night, gasoline smells and finds its head .. The cover under the back seat is probably cracked, gasoline vapor is filling in .. It is very dangerous in hot weather, it explodes like a bomb ..

By the way, today I got into the car with wet feet in the rain in the afternoon, and when I got back in the evening, I got that familiar smell of mold again.
[/ QUOTE]

Well, brother!
I talked to Soner, thanks a lot. I will look, I will try tomorrow. I couldn't see any cracks on the cover. I checked inside, there was no leak. I will also check it in working order. If not, I will look for other solutions. That musty smell is separate. At night, my gas boy is pulling antifreeze in gasoline
08.05.2020 20:47 # 12
OguzhanKucuk61
Yesterday, after my meeting with Soner, I used the vehicle for 3-4 thousand cycles.
Then I checked the buoy in working order.
There was no smell when I got on this evening. Then I parked and looked again after 1-2 hours again, there was no smell. I think the problem is solved with cyclic use. Let's see what happens for two more days. Thanks Soner brother

Meanwhile, the fuel gauge was installed yesterday. Thank you very low today. Probably because the float got there.
oguzhankucuk61 2018-03-07 23:14:40
08.05.2020 20:47 # 13
sonerkyl
You're welcome, brother, I hope it shouldn't be repeated once again.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 14
ggitaristt
Maybe it would be cheaper if you went to the mechanic Big smileLOL
08.05.2020 20:47 # 15
sonerkyl
[QUOTE = ggitaristt] Maybe it would be cheaper if you went to the mechanic Big smileLOL
[/ QUOTE]

look what you say Big smileBig smile
08.05.2020 20:47 # 16
ggitaristt
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] [QUOTE = ggitaristt] Maybe it would be cheaper if you went to the mechanic Big smileLOL
[/ QUOTE]

look what you say Big smileBig smile
[/ QUOTE]

You are right .. I did not turn a few revolutions on the highway, so that the pressure sensor will recover and the exhaust will be cleaned Big smile I have eaten a warehouse diesel in 4 years because I will not give workmanship to the master LOL
08.05.2020 20:47 # 17
OguzhanKucuk61
I think I joined that caravan too

The smell of gasoline continues. The master looked blindly because he had approached the overtime. He said not from the manifold. He looked fro.
He said, let's make a computer fault detection tomorrow. I will stop by now.
08.05.2020 20:47 # 18
deejayakup
the gas pump is missing from its broken gasket that smell is in me the same go to the repair shop Replace the gas pump, take a look at the float, maybe change the room, change the gasket
08.05.2020 20:47 # 19
OguzhanKucuk61
[QUOTE = deejayakup] gasoline pump is missing from its broken gasket that odor is in me same thing go to the repair shop, change the gas pump, take a look at the float, maybe change the room, change the gasket
[/ QUOTE]

Thanks to the master, especially. What is the price more or less in these parts
08.05.2020 20:47 # 20
M.Ahmet059
[QUOTE = OguzhanKucuk61] [QUOTE = deejayakup] gasoline pump is missing from its broken gasket that odor is in me same go to repair shop replace gas pump float, maybe you may need to change room, change gasket also change odor
[/ QUOTE]

Thanks to the master, especially. What is the price more or less in these parts [/ QUOTE]
I looked at what was the gas pump 206 for 75tl, but I may have looked at the wrong part.

if this is what you are looking for 75 TL
m.ahmet059 2018-03-12 02:51:21
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”