Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Gasoline smell in Engine Oil

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 16:39 # 1
soneroo
Hello guys, I just joined you and I have been visiting the forum for a few days and there is very useful information.
First of all I would like to thank the friends who shared this information. div> When I came to my problem about 1000 km ago, I changed the engine oil mobil 1 10w 40 oil was put & nbsp; there was no reduction when I checked the oil in the morning but when I started the engine and opened the oil cap, there was a slight smell of burned gasoline, a few people said it would be in every vehicle but I still I suspect I want to consult with you, do you think this is normal or is it a harbinger of a future failure? & nbsp; ;
Thank you for your interest in advance.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 2
koliva
[QUOTE = soneroo] Hello friends, I just joined you for a few days and I have been visiting the forum for a couple of days and there are some very useful information.
As for my problem, I changed the engine oil about 1000 km ago, there was no reduction when I checked the oil in the morning 1 10w 40 oil & nbsp; yesterday when I checked the oil, there was a slight smell of burned gasoline. it happens in the vehicle, but I still suspect I want to consult with you, is this normal or is it a harbinger of a future failure? & nbsp; >
& nbsp;
Thank you for your attention in advance.
[/ QUOTE]

Welcome. Our friends who are new members need to face the water. Thanks in advance.

Engine oil already smells some gasoline. Very phase stench may be a bit controversial, but if it stinks, it is normal. If you are driving your vehicle at short distances, it is normal for this situation to increase. Because when the vehicle is cold, the gas droplets condense on the cylinder walls and are blown by the pistons and descend to the sump. However, gasoline evaporates after a while. If there is not too much smell, there is no problem.
08.05.2020 16:39 # 3
soneroo
Thank you for the information you have given, Mr. Koliva, yes, I have been driving the vehicle at very short distances for the last week, I think this is the reason.
& nbsp;
& nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:39 # 4
koliva
[QUOTE = soneroo] Thank you for the information you have given, Mr. Koliva, yes, I have been driving the vehicle at very short distances for the past week, I guess this is why. > Exactly because of that. It is not a very heady situation, but if you are going to use it constantly, you should shorten the time to change the engine oil. Reviews
08.05.2020 16:39 # 5
soneroo
I do not think that I will go a long way, the oil change time I use is 10,000 km, but I usually change it between 7-8 bn
& nbsp; and & nbsp; How about throwing raw from exhaust, that is, there is a slight dewatering issue not only when the engine is cold but also when it is warmed up, and when the gas is pressed, there is water like a light steam from the exhaust, and there is a slight black smoke in the first run, why do you think?
08.05.2020 16:39 # 6
istanbullu_3886
[QUOTE = soneroo] Hello friends, I just joined you for a few days and I have been visiting the forum for a couple of days and there are some very useful information.
As for my problem, I changed the engine oil about 1000 km ago, there was no reduction when I checked the oil in the morning 1 10w 40 oil & nbsp; yesterday when I checked the oil, there was a slight smell of burned gasoline. it happens in the vehicle, but I still suspect I want to consult you, is this normal or is it a harbinger of a future failure? & nbsp;
& nbsp;
my car is 206 .1.6 xt 16v model at 164.000 km. >
& nbsp;
Thank you for your attention in advance.
[/ QUOTE] does the car have a particle filter ??
08.05.2020 16:39 # 7
soneroo
I did not check it, what kind of filter and where is it in the engine? & nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:39 # 8
toga406
It is normal for the motor to blow raw. not abnormal
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”