Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Foot brake with ignition off

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 16:54 # 1
FeverDog
Hello friends again,

Since there is no beginner forum here, I have to ask my inexperienced questions here :)

Passed vehicle I parked and got off and looked at it and got stuck. The parking lot was also a light ramp. I got into the car to get a little bit closer. I thought it would stop the brake, but the record went like a clutch under my feet :) If I did not stick to the hand brake, I would be in the same traffic :)

So does the brake not hold when the ignition is off? But when he stops on the ramp he keeps it?

08.05.2020 16:54 # 2
koliva
I'd be happy to give some information on this topic.

There were drum brakes in the past. These brake systems were capable of producing some of the auxiliary power by their nature. These systems are still in use, but disc brakes are now used on ten wheels. The disc brake requires extra power. If this power does not happen, it is very difficult to apply the brakes, just like the situation you mentioned. This event is occurring because the brake servo does not start and no vacuum is created while the engine is not running. When there is no vacuum, the power to be applied to the master cylinder remains limited only to the force you apply with your foot. Reviews
08.05.2020 16:54 # 3
peugeot22
In my car, the disc brake on 4 wheels, and once I was in the car, my gas ran out and stopped in the middle of the road, the engine did not work in the brakes in the same way, it was not a busy road to my luck and when the foot brake did not hold, I stopped with the hand brake.
Should the vehicle absolutely work for you to hold the foot brake?
08.05.2020 16:54 # 4
tellotello
In short: the handbrake has mechanical parts, the disc brake is more complicated and the koliva needs extra power as my master says, and when the engine is running, it becomes vacuum and waits for you to press the brake pedal to lock the brakes.

& nbsp; Note: I also learned with experience :) It was a bit of a spooky experience, but there was little left to the wall of the parking lot, so after that day, I always run it and fix the tool.
08.05.2020 16:54 # 5
FeverDog
An interesting mechanism, I think. For example, once the ignition was off, I accidentally touched the brake, it was hard as a rock, at that time the vehicle was in gear. But again, when the ignition was off, when I wasted and pressed, the record went away. God bless us :)
08.05.2020 16:54 # 6
tellotello
[QUOTE = FeverDog] An interesting mechanism, I think. For example, once the ignition was off, I accidentally touched the brake, it was hard as a rock, at that time the vehicle was in gear. But again, when the ignition was off, when I wasted and pressed, the record went away. God bless us:) [/ QUOTE]

As far as I know, when the vehicle stops, the brakes do not lose their features immediately, so it is normal for you to keep it in your position. It does not happen when you want to do the same operation after the amount immediately after turning off the ignition. Also, in this case, I heard that it would be useful to press the brake harder, it might be necessary to press it more strongly. & Nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:54 # 7
tellotello
[QUOTE = koliva] I'd be happy to give some information on this topic.

There were drum brakes in the past. These brake systems were capable of producing some of the auxiliary power by their nature. These systems are still in use, but disc brakes are now used on ten wheels. The disc brake requires extra power. If this power does not happen, it is very difficult to apply the brakes, just like the situation you mentioned. This event is occurring because the brake servo does not start and no vacuum is created while the engine is not running. When there is no vacuum, the power to be applied to the master cylinder remains limited only to the force you apply with your foot.
[/ QUOTE]

I know that my vehicle is back to the drum, doesn't that have an effect Koliva teacher?

08.05.2020 16:54 # 8
koliva
[QUOTE = peugeot22] In my car, the disc brake on 4 wheels, and once I was driving in the car, my gas ran out and stopped in the middle of the road, the engine didn't work on the brakes in the same way, it was not a busy road and I stopped with the hand brake when the car slowed down when the foot brake did not hold.
I think your key It is not enough to be attached to the ignition, so should the vehicle be working for you to keep the foot brake?
[/ QUOTE]

Yes, it should work because it is taken from the engine of the vacuum vehicle. The logic in the brake systems is the same for both diesel and gasoline vehicles, but there is a slight difference between them. The principle of the operation of gasoline vehicles is vacuum, but diesel vehicles do not have vacuum. As an example, let's take a look at the vacuum event in peugeot 307 1.6 petrol and diesel vehicles.

Gasoline:

Diesel:

The vacuum pipe (part 6) in the gasoline vehicle you see comes from the engine of the vehicle.
Diesel vehicles, on the other hand, need an extra vacuum pump since there is no vacuum in the engine that A part in the figure becomes.

koliva 2012-07-13 11:54:03
08.05.2020 16:54 # 9
koliva
[QUOTE = tellotello]

I know that my vehicle is back to the drum, doesn't that have an effect Koliva teacher?

[/ QUOTE]

It must be a disc. Are you sure you're in the drum?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”