Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Excessive fuel consumption. It burns almost twice.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
29.10.2021 14:29 # 1
M.Ahmet059
Greetings everyone,
I have a 2000 model 75 hp 1.4 xr model 206 with lpg. While I go 300 or even 350 km with LPG in my vehicle, I can go 220-240 km at the moment. You know, LPG prices have gone up, and the vehicle, which should normally burn 40 cents, burns almost 1 lira.
We recently replaced the lambda sensor, but I guess it didn't help in this case. Fuel consumption is still high.
I gave the following link I got the piece. However, we ran into a problem installing it. This new piece did not fit there, so we cut the protruding part on the edge with a hammer and replaced it like that. :D I guess it will work like this even though it's not that part right now. Maybe it wasn't the right piece, but there is no other piece with that name. If we say this is the wrong piece, what would it be? I couldn't figure it out so I'm a little confused.
What would you suggest I do?
Good Forums. :)
31.10.2021 14:48 # 2
M.Ahmet059
Any ideas?
17.11.2021 07:07 # 3
Berkay Erdinc
Mrb
Why was the oxygen sensor changed, was it malfunctioning or was it changed because it was thought to cause a lot of burning.
The place you cut with the knife was incompatible with the plug, I think you cut the nails or nails and inserted the plug. this is a security precaution, this is Smile.
If you buy parts with your vehicle's chassis number, you won't be faced with such problems. You won't encounter it.
Is the oxygen sensor working fully now, I don't know if the adaptation has been made, I don't know if I accepted the vehicle ecu.
If the complaint is only in LPG, look at the regulator. It will burn excessively. Again, the maintenance of the LPG system is also very important.
A malfunction in the vehicle's ignition system causes a lot of burning.
If the valve settings are not correct, the fuel will increase again.
div>
Tool is enough If it can't get enough air, that is, if the air filter has not been changed for a long time, it will burn a lot. It may be
Your vehicle will burn a lot because of the map sensor failure, it will still give a lambda error
So examples can be increased, it would be useful to check them.
17.11.2021 09:40 # 4
sonerkyl
The part you ordered was not given according to the chassis number, sir, if it is not compatible, there may be a problem. because oxygen is one of the factors affecting fuel consumption. If there is no problem, the reasons for the increase in fuel consumption may be pressure pads. Other reasons have already been written by friends.
19.11.2021 06:31 # 5
M.Ahmet059
Hi,
We changed the lambda sensor because it was malfunctioning, it had 3 different errors on the computer, knock, air fuel ratio and another one that I can't remember right now.

After the incident I described above, I went to my master again and he said that the lambda sensor of this vehicle was gray and it was wrong. We told the gray sensor and replaced it the next day. But we did not adapt etc. However, the traction of the vehicle has increased tremendously and the stalling and stalling problems at start-up are gone.

We had just changed the air filter, it's the end of summer, so it's only been a few months.

There may be a problem with my alternator.
(Recently, I discovered that the gnd cable in the amp was disconnected in the car and I plugged it back in, but I don't know how long I traveled like that. In the summer, the brain malfunctioned, cutting off the electricity. The brain was changed, it cost me 2500 liras in the car. :( Brain + labor + attractive money etc.
I wonder if the fact that this gnd is out will cause any damage to the alternator? and will it cause such malfunctions in the brain? And will it cause me a malfunction until I burn a lot of fuel? )

Thanks for the reply, it was very enlightening for me. :)
19.11.2021 09:55 # 6
sonerkyl
if it short-circuited it may have damaged the brain. This may cause the vehicle to run regularly and increase fuel consumption.
26.11.2021 00:36 # 7
emrebaki
If the catalytic converter is faulty, it is an element that affects the fuel in the room.
28.11.2021 15:43 # 8
M.Ahmet059
Hi everyone again,
The car gasket burned out guys, but we had it done properly, the last muffler of the exhaust was broken, too. While all these processes were being done, they removed the terminals, which enabled our vehicle's lambda sensor to adapt to the vehicle. According to this calculation, I can go between 900-1000 km with 1 tank. The fuel thing is settled. Our gasket is also new, we changed the radiator last year, and there was a leak recently, so I had it fixed. Currently, there is a problem that the doors do not lock with the remote control, other than that there is nothing to worry about. :)

I would like to thank everyone for their messages and thoughts, and that's how I solved the problem in the vehicle. :)
29.11.2021 09:37 # 9
sonerkyl
Good luck with it.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”