Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

engine wash

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 18:51 # 1
omera
Hello friends .. I am thinking about washing the engine .. what are your suggestions .. Is there a place that makes it smooth in Ankara .. the old user did not change the rocker gasket, the car constantly dropped oil from the top cover .. after driving, there is a lot of smell from the engine ..
08.05.2020 18:51 # 2
samet206
I do not prefer to wash the engine, you can clean it with waterless cleaning products or with greasy solvents yourself, but also a little note, when the engine is washed only with water and foam, the powder oil gets greased, but the stain turns into the same condition when it fades to the same condition. for an image.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 3
outlaw
TRY CLEANING WITH FUEL CLEAN AND BETTER CLEANER AND NO SENSORS FROM QUICK FLIP ..
I WILL CLEAN MESELA WEDNESDAY ...
08.05.2020 18:51 # 4
omera
Could there be an exacerbation when it gets too hot because it is oily in this way? this worries me ...
08.05.2020 18:51 # 5
herry
You can also try to clean auto services with diesel after maintenance, or waterless cleaning sprays will work, but stay away from water. I do not know exactly where the oil is, but it is useful to clean it, of course, we do not burn it.
herry 2014-10-27 18:42:42
08.05.2020 18:51 # 6
bekir can
I would definitely say wash Bekir Can 2014-10-27 18:58:23
08.05.2020 18:51 # 7
ahmet_bjk
It is very wrong to wash the engine with diesel in auto services. Both of my cars washed with diesel and both of them had problems. Especially in one of them, the air flow meter malfunctioned, it cost me 300 Lira in total.

Since it is diesel oil, it causes trouble. Some auto washers apply water-repellent to the places where the vehicle may be damaged, and then wash it.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 8
herry
[QUOTE = ahmet_bjk] It is very wrong to wash the engine with diesel in auto services. Both of my cars washed with diesel and both of them had problems. Especially in one of them, the air flow meter malfunctioned, it cost me 300 Lira in total.

Since it is diesel oil, it causes trouble. Some auto washers apply water-repellent to the places where the vehicle may be damaged, and then wash. [/ QUOTE]

They do not trust them, they do not know which parts of the car should be isolated in each car's engine. The best thing is to stay away from water and diesel as you say.
There are cleaning sprays, squeeze the cloth and wipe the motor superficially.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 9
chakra
When I was changing the thermostat the other day, the master washed it without telling me the engine from dust and mud, my engine was not visible. with water, it was perfect and no problem
08.05.2020 18:51 # 10
SEZGIN72

Wash it in one of the places that does this job professionally, like SONAX. They isolate the critical points of the engine and do the washing work.

Or some authorized services do this work themselves. But not all authorized service. It is useful to ask him to the service and learn. I washed it once in service. It was brilliant. It did not appear in any problems. :)
In some authorized services, they do this work outside on your behalf with a contracted place. I do not recommend this. If the service washes itself, wash it in the service or go to SONAX.
Dirty engine (if it is very dirty) is never approved. It warms up quickly and travels at high levels in hot weather.
Clean engine is good. My humble opinion is good for 2-3 years for this job.
Good luck with...
08.05.2020 18:51 # 11
herry
You said a quality master from pejo service. he knows how to behave when he is washing a person. auto hairdressers cannot know.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 12
srht33
[QUOTE = omera] hello guys .. i am thinking about washing the engine .. what is your suggestions .. is there a place in Ankara that does it smoothly .. the old user has not changed the rocker gasket, the car has constantly dropped oil from the top cover .. after driving, there is a lot of smell from the engine .. [ / quote]
my teacher, the ones who have broken, there is a destructor in front of the color. I had the same problem.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 13
oguzhan29
waterwork is always a nuisance for the engine. 1 sensor is broken, what changes, what parts, what parts get malfunction, a washer's recommendation, do not touch the water of our vehicles, especially if you do not even think about washing with a pressure in the washers.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 14
herry
[QUOTE = oguzhan29] water work is always a problem for the engine. 1 sensor is broken, what changes, what changes, does the parts fail, a washer's advice, do not touch the water of our vehicles, especially if you do not even think about washing with a pressure in the washers.

Yes, I agree with the friend, if you clean it yourself with spray and cloth, the first cleaning will be a little tiring, but only the damp cloth will be enough for the next cleaning.

Star
08.05.2020 18:51 # 15
koramiral
The most beautiful wd-40 cleans the engine to the area you want abundantly wipe it with sponge, it is not a problem even if the engine wd-40 is not conductive, it does not damage the electrical parts, even if it goes to the brain in the same way. I always clean my car like this
08.05.2020 18:51 # 16
herry
Wd 40 is a nice image when wiped, but it collects dust easily
08.05.2020 18:51 # 17
ErolSs
I constantly wash the cloth on the car's brain and the tube brain, there is no problem. I wash it every 4-5 months.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 18
KuzuX
Bauhaus also has engine washing sprays, I think I will buy them.
08.05.2020 18:51 # 19
Dewil1606
The healthiest new generation is steam washing, I think you should try it and you will be happy with the result, watch the videos on youtube. There are engine protection sprays after washing, I recommend you squeeze them.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”