Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine oil level in cold weather and uphill?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:10 # 1
ahmetismet
Good night, friends.

I went to my friend for a guest, I left the vehicle on a light slope with the front up. It was very cold in the air late at the time of return, I saw that the engine oil level indicator was at minimum when I put the ignition on, normally it would always show full, I had the last maintenance done 3 months ago. Even though it was mild, I suspect the slope, when I started on the straight road, I immediately turned on the ignition and looked again, the level showed a minimum again, there was no oil discharge in the park where I parked. There was no bad sound coming from the vehicle until he came home. I will open and check the hood tomorrow day. I hope there is no problem.
08.05.2020 17:10 # 2
EnSoNiQ
It is from the slope and you have already given the engine oil, it takes half an hour to sit when you start it :) You can open it by looking at it without running in the morning.
08.05.2020 17:10 # 3
fatihgg
Do not trust the indicator in 307, especially if you are absorbed from the car on ramp :) continue.
08.05.2020 17:10 # 4
ahmetismet
I checked it on a flat surface today, there is no problem. caused by the slope :)
08.05.2020 17:10 # 5
xpyhre
how to know if the oil is gone? Is the pointer low or is it the top? or moderate?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”