Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine oil indicator

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:03 # 1
yenice
greetings. The indicator that comes out after the maintenance mileage after starting the car is the engine oil indicator. When I started the car, I looked at it after flashing several times and passed to the odometer. as if it was never flashing before or does it seem to me. Thanks for information
08.05.2020 17:03 # 2
koliva
There are dozens of topics on this topic in the forum. You should check the situation from the oil cubes. Do not rely on that indicator.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 3
yenice
I think I now understand the indicator flashing. previously there were 6 squares on the display as in the picture below. Yesterday there were 6 but it was flashing 3 times, then switching to the mileage indicator. Normally it was passing directly without flashing.

I looked today the flash was interrupted. passes directly to the mileage indicator. But as in the picture, 6 squares have fallen to 5. The last square is now in the form of a line. I guess it is flashing when 1 level oil level is going to decrease.

I checked the bar today, I think there were 4 compartments, I think it is almost not fully understandable. br>
08.05.2020 17:03 # 4
koliva
I think so: If the boxes are empty and flashing, it means that the oil level is below the critical zone and you should check. If the boxes are full, then he is saying that he is overly fat and wants you to check. You have checked that you have seen the oil level and that it is not above the max line. There is no problem.
08.05.2020 17:03 # 5
impact
Well, I had the same problem. I reduced the oil while showing full, then all the boxes became lines, then I drained the oil and put 3.2 liters of oil. I look at the dipstick, there are 2 notches at the bottom, but I am bored on the notch of the oil level, I left it now ..
08.05.2020 17:03 # 6
koliva
[QUOTE = impact] I had the same problem. I reduced the oil while showing full, then all the boxes became lines, then I drained the oil and put 3.2 liters of oil. I am looking at the dipstick, there are 2 notches at the bottom, but the oil level is quite bored on the notch, I left it on my own now .. It is only necessary to consider this indicator when it is flashing. Anybody who does the oil-water control of his vehicle weekly does not need this indicator.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”