Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine oil color

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 18:22 # 1
yucelmete
Guys, today I pulled the dipstick to check the engine oil and when I looked at it, the color of the oil was such a light brown but muddy color. Do you think this is normal?

Behold slime mud color like light brown like that?
08.05.2020 18:22 # 2
Mesut48
When was the maintenance?
08.05.2020 18:22 # 3
yucelmete
I changed the oil in January.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 4
halilefe
Not normal, brother. You'd better show it to the master.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 5
ahmet_bjk
the color of the new oil becomes yellow, while the color of the oil used for a while becomes black.
There is an abnormality in the color you mentioned, I think you should show it to a master.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 6
oguzhan29
Exactly what a show is.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 7
ErdiCoskun
My engine, coolant mixed with engine oil, will probably have a discolored color, in such cases, if the cylinder head gasket is damaged, there is a high probability of mixing, if you have recently overheated the seal was damaged, an important situation should be shown to your master immediately, and use the car without squeezing on the way, oil and water oil has started to lose its function due to mixing, the mattress goes up to the winding. I hope you get rid of it with a small amount with early diagnosis.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 8
Bugra
[QUOTE = ahmet_bjk] the color of the new oil turns yellow, while the color of the used oil becomes black for a while.
There is an abnormality in the color you mentioned, I think you should show it to a master.
[/ QUOTE]

it applies to diesels. No matter how bad the diesel is, the oil is turned black within a few days. In gasoline vehicles, if there is no problem, it stays in the color it was put.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 9
ahmet_bjk
[QUOTE = Buğra] [QUOTE = ahmet_bjk] the color of the new oil turns yellow, while the color of the used oil turns black.
[/ QUOTE]

it applies to diesels. No matter how bad the diesel is, the oil is turned black within a few days. In gasoline vehicles, if there is no problem, it stays in the color it was put.
[/ QUOTE]

It is true that I do not know gasoline since I always use diesel.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 10
yucelmete
[QUOTE = ErdiCoskun] The engine oil, which has mixed coolant into the engine oil, will most likely be a tahini-like color, if the cylinder head gasket is damaged, it is likely to get mixed up, if you have recently overheated the seal was damaged, an important situation should show to your master immediately, and without jamming the car. As it goes, the oil has started to lose its function due to the mixing of water with the oil, the mattress goes up to wrap. I hope you get rid of it with a small amount with early diagnosis [/ QUOTE]

Master, I brought the heat to red recently, so the room is making the air. While water is putting water down, I open the lid and the air of the world comes out. Let's see what I'll take to the industry in Antalya tomorrow. A few more friends said the gasket is certain. We will learn how much they will explode tomorrow. :)
08.05.2020 18:22 # 11
yucelmete
In the meantime, is there a master you would recommend in ANTALYA?
08.05.2020 18:22 # 12
IBRHMCN
If you write the result, keep in mind our teacher, I hope you will come out in the cheapest way ..
08.05.2020 18:22 # 13
yucelmete
I hope there will be some research in Antalya industry tomorrow, but there are acquaintances,
08.05.2020 18:22 # 14
Guests
I hope it will be a big problem.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 15
yucelmete
[QUOTE = dogan106] I hope it won't be a big problem [/ QUOTE]
I hope my friend will be clear tomorrow or black :)
08.05.2020 18:22 # 16
ahmed206
You did not write the result, but it sounded like top cover gasket to me. If it is in cooling water from the same thing, it is definitely and you should get it done without compression.
08.05.2020 18:22 # 17
yucelmete
I took care of the problem cost 650 TL. The upper cover gasket was burned out. the upper cap went to the worn weld and went to the recess from there the top cap. A plug on the back of the engine was broken and they renewed it. I cleaned the throttle. They also set the white smoke spikes sibobs :) it has passed me so :) now the monster is not saying to me :)
08.05.2020 18:22 # 18
ByHack
"anyway" done cheaply, get past again :)
08.05.2020 18:22 # 19
oguzhan29
get well soon
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”