Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine flush, about engine cleaner?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:45 # 1
samet2461
Friends, the known mileage for my diesel vehicle was 188 thousand kilometers, we kept changing the oil for years. I would like to use this "liqui molly engine cleaner", which is added to the old engine oil, run at idle for 10 minutes and cleans the inside of the engine. Is there any harm to the vehicle or will it damage the oil I will put in later? Thanks in advance samet2461 2018-02-02 19:24:08
08.05.2020 20:45 # 2
RP393
Sir, I used a shell product in the last oil change. We opened the plug, we poured a little oil was yellow. We put the cleaner worked a little. (We dipped in the talk worked for half an hour in the shop )

Then we opened the plug officially, tar was flowing. I believed it was obviously working.
08.05.2020 20:45 # 3
samet2461
[QUOTE = RP393] Sir I used the shell product in the last oil change. We opened the plug, we poured a little oil was yellow. We put the cleaner worked a little. (We dipped in the talk worked for half an hour in the shop )

Then we opened the plug officially, tar was flowing. I believed that it worked frankly. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you. Well, will it harm the oil that is put in it? A small amount of the cleaning additive may inevitably remain.
08.05.2020 20:45 # 4
RP393
[QUOTE = samet2461] [QUOTE = RP393] Sir, I used the shell product in the last oil change. We opened the plug, we poured a little oil was yellow. We put the cleaner worked a little. (We dipped in the talk worked for half an hour in the shop )

Then we opened the plug officially, tar was flowing. I believed that it worked frankly. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you. Well, will it harm the oil that is put in it? A small amount of cleaning additive can remain in it. [/ QUOTE]

Let the old oil drain well while the vehicle is on the lift. Put a new one will not hurt. I would also recommend using it if you change the oil brand and model or use it at the end of 1 year. No need to use it constantly.
08.05.2020 20:45 # 5
samet2461
I will change the brand, I have used 85 thousand for 5 years and I have never done it. I will use it at the first opportunity. Thank you 👍
08.05.2020 20:45 # 6
talip206
Vehicle manufacturers and oil manufacturers certainly do not offer any contribution. If you make a review, it will be written on them. In fact, if you read the user reviews in online sales stores, there are people who are putting the bed in the engine.
I do not know if I say that I can pour the oil immediately without changing it. But I think it's not worth risking. If it was a very useful thing, oil producers would make money by producing and selling this additive themselves.
08.05.2020 20:45 # 7
RP393
[QUOTE = talip206] Vehicle manufacturers and oil manufacturers certainly do not offer any contribution. If you make a review, it will be written on them. In fact, if you read the user reviews in online sales stores, there are people who are putting the bed in the engine.
I do not know if I say that I can pour the oil immediately without changing it. But I think it's not worth risking. If it was a very useful thing, oil producers would make money by producing and selling this additive. [/ QUOTE]

It is not used for the oil additive asked by the friend, but it is used for the cleaning of old oil and residues stuck in the engine and crankcase walls. The ancients did this by adding half a liter of diesel without draining the oil. The new oil was then added.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”