Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine failure warning light

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 3008 (2016-)
27.07.2020 20:21 # 1
Ubut
I own a 3008 1.6 Puretech 180hp Eat8 vehicle which is on the road in November 2019. My vehicle is now at 6400 kilometers. Today, about 10-15 seconds after the vehicle turned on the ignition and started the engine, two warnings such as "engine failure" and "take the vehicle to repair" appeared and the engine fault warning light was fixed on the dial. Since I had not moved the vehicle yet, I turned off the ignition and started again, but the warning light did not go out. I traveled about 20 km, I did not observe a problem in traction even though I could not reach high speeds in city traffic, but the engine sound sounded a little grunt for a gasoline engine. As long as the temperature does not rise, it will not be a problem, you can use the vehicle, "they said. I will go to the service tomorrow, but a vehicle gives this problem at 6400km frankly, it has made me nervous. Does anyone have similar problems in my forum? What could be the cause of the malfunction? I would be glad if anyone has an opinion and shares it. Ubut2020-07-27 20:23:22
28.07.2020 00:17 # 2
Ubut
When I restarted my vehicle, which had been parked for about 3.5 - 4 hours, the engine fault warning light did not come on. Despite everything, I will take it to the service tomorrow and have it checked on the computer. At least I hope I can find out why the fault light is on. I will share the answer I got here. In order to have an idea about the cause of anyone who has a similar problem ..
28.07.2020 08:34 # 3
sonerkyl
First of all, welcome to us. Professor, it may be a situation related to fuel, poor quality fuel or if the tank bottom of the gas station is close to the gasoline, octane value and pollution may be. Therefore, it may have caused an instant error. Let's say get well soon with that. where do you get the fuel usually
28.07.2020 12:20 # 4
Ubut
Valla moved from Muğla to Ankara, it has been 3 weeks. I bought fuel 3 times and all from the same place, from Opet at Ostim entrance. Besides, I always buy it from the same station and from Opet every time, unless it is necessary. Fortunately, there is no problem with the vehicle for now. Nevertheless, I had a computer analysis done at the authorized service for precautionary purposes. I went to ABC Auto today, but they gave a day to August 4 due to the busy schedule. Thank you, sonerkyl.
28.07.2020 13:13 # 5
sonerkyl
you are welcome, teacher. welcome to our ankara. I say that you should check shell on fuel, shell is a company that behaves meticulously according to opet. I hope there will be no trouble.
17.10.2020 14:54 # 6
Ubut
Today I took the car to ABC Auto. I paid 1470 TL for periodic maintenance! Only the engine oil change kept close to 500 TL. We said anyway, I asked what is the engine failure condition, he said there was nothing to the service advisor. I said I would like to learn what happened in the past malfunction records on the computer, how there is nothing, 8 thousand km vehicle stops and stops and gives engine failure for 1 year. He took me to the service and I met a friend named Rifat, who is responsible for computer control. Valla did not understand anything from what he told me, nor did I understand what the friend wanted to say! In between, he said that it could be catalyst source, you do not use the car too much, therefore spark plugs may cause the mentioned problem (soot retention due to less use) and as they wrote in the service note, "The vehicle will be inspected, there is no problem at the moment," and that the fault will be checked again if the fault occurs again, He said that the spark plugs are in good condition at the moment, that there are no parts that require replacement, so they have not made any intervention due to malfunction. In addition, he said that even if the 2-year mechanical warranty is filled because the failure record is opened, they will intervene in the vehicle under warranty in case of a breakdown caused by the same problem. In general, nothing was said, except the promise of repairs under a warranty. In other words, it was said, "What are you going to do? We will see the warning light if you get stuck on the road in a thousand cars."
19.10.2020 08:47 # 7
sonerkyl
[QUOTE = Ubut] Today I took the car to ABC Auto. I paid 1470 TL for periodic maintenance! Only the engine oil change kept close to 500 TL. We said anyway, I asked what is the engine failure condition, he said there was nothing to the service advisor. I said I would like to learn what happened in the past malfunction records on the computer, how there is nothing, 8 thousand km vehicle stops and stops and gives engine failure for 1 year. He took me to the service and I met a friend named Rifat, who is responsible for computer control. Valla did not understand anything from what he told me, nor did I understand what the friend wanted to say! In between, he said that it could be catalyst source, you do not use the car too much, therefore spark plugs may cause the mentioned problem (soot retention due to less use) and as they wrote in the service note, "The vehicle will be inspected, there is no problem at the moment," and that the fault will be checked again if the fault occurs again, He said that the spark plugs are in good condition at the moment, that there are no parts that require replacement, so they have not made any intervention due to malfunction. In addition, he said that even if the 2-year mechanical warranty is filled because the failure record is opened, they will intervene in the vehicle under warranty in case of a breakdown caused by the same problem. In general, nothing was said, except the promise of repairs under a warranty. In other words, it was said, "What are you going to do? We will see the warning light if you get stuck on the road in a thousand cars." [/ QUOTE] Well, my teacher, abc, it is a strange situation. I don't think it's a problem with not using too much. Anyway, if the vehicle is diesel, you will get very poor quality fuel in a gasoline vehicle. I also wonder if it is because of this in those who have greatly reduced the rate of solvent added to gasoline during this pandemic process. where do you get the fuel.
19.10.2020 11:20 # 8
Ubut
I buy it from Opet, located outside of Ostim's Macun Mahallesi. You recommended Shell to me before, and I'll test it for a few months by getting fuel from a different station, let's see if the same situation will repeat (?)
20.01.2021 20:54 # 9
kizilat
Hello friends, facelift 2021 chassis 1.6 I bought allure model 3008, on the 3rd day this malfunction was burned, the weather was -7 degrees today, the car was going normally, but just in case I stopped, waited for a while and started it again. Do you think I should show you to the service? ">
Today's tool I could not use it much, I just changed the parking place for trial purposes, I did not feel excessive shaking etc. It did not burn in the malfunctioning light.

Waiting for your help and suggestions.

Note: I bought gas twice, first opet and second shelld, two of them were on the main road and had high circulation.

Finally, if I took the car to another pejo dealer near me in the same city, would they check it for free?
20.02.2021 20:05 # 10
Ubut
First of all, your car is good, drive without accident.
I experienced the failure, showed it to the service, and then, after the problem was solved with the software, I made station tests for fuel. I think this problem in the vehicle is not related to fuel, it is a software problem.
Go to the authorized service, tell the fault, connect it to the computer and ensure that the warning light does not come on again. For this, do not wait for the malfunction to recur or the malfunction warning to appear on the screen. And of course, don't pay for the service for this visit.
In about 3 months after the service visit in my vehicle, the problem did not recur. For now, I use it without any problems.
If you can share your experiences again later, I would be very happy with us.
14.04.2021 11:30 # 11
KDT
First of all, hello to everyone. I have a 2017 model 3008 1.2 puretech vehicle. Last year I bought it as 2nd hand and now it is at 57.000 km. I had the same problem with yours 2 days ago and I took the vehicle to the authorized service with the warning "Engine failure take it to repair". Today, the service finally returned to France, they asked the warning they received. The french offered 2 options as a solution.1-) 60.000 It will be maintained and changed the spark plugs and it will be checked whether the error is extinguished (1500-2000 TL) (The maintenance of the vehicle was done 15 days ago in a private service, only the spark plugs have not changed 2-) The engine pistons may have kept soot. With this fuel-sourced body, the engine needs to be disassembled and cleaned (14000-15000 TL). I said, my friend, the car is not even 4 years old, how can it be such a thing? The consultant does not live right away, but in the future, there may be a misfire and not eating gas. They insistently say that this is a mistake due to dirty fuel. (I do not buy fuel from another place other than shelld) > What happened to you? Does the vehicle continue to give the same error or is it solved? If you or a friend with similar problems can answer, it will be happy im
23.08.2021 17:50 # 12
Ubut
First of all, good luck to you too. Although I saw your message quite late, I haven't received an engine failure warning for a long time. Moreover, although it gave the warning, the vehicle did not cause any problems in overturning and driving, and since the warning in question disappeared when the ignition was turned off and on, I could not care much anymore. Even if we take it to the service, we can't get a satisfactory answer. However, my car is a 1.6 engine, yours is a 1.2, and before I bought a car, I read that there were a lot of spark plug problems in 1.2 engines. Of course, 1.2 engine users will give more useful information in this regard. In any case, as you said; Is it possible for vehicles that are more than 5 years old and at 50-60 thousand kilometers to incur expenses in this way? Even if it is possible, shouldn't it be covered by the manufacturer in good faith, if not all, at least half of it? Hopefully, your problem has been resolved in the last 4 months. When you see the message, I would appreciate if you share your experiences with us.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”