Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Engine failure have the car repaired warning

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 2008
14.10.2020 18:23 # 1
Murat062
I bought a 2020 model 2008 vehicle. I had previously opened a title under the name of the sound coming from the left front. I took the vehicle to the authorized service. The left front shock absorber broke out. The vehicle has not yet been three thousand km. Service was told to show good faith will be replaced under warranty, but they said damper piece was given orders from abroad except in Turkey found that the early development process of 25 days. They said that I should not get into the vehicle too much during this period. We said thank God for that and came home. The next day, I had to go to the store, as soon as I started the vehicle, he gave a warning, have the engine repaired. Immediately the fan was activated and the vehicle started to work by circling at idle. I turned off the engine and restarted it after a while, this time there was no problem. Four days later it gave the same warning again on the first start. I turned the engine off again, and after a while, when I started it again, it got better. Interesting. We bought zero vehicles and gave that much money. I was afraid to get in the car, he made me sit on the tram. I'm in mixed feelings. Sounds like a catalytic converter failure. Has anyone had a problem like this?
14.10.2020 22:15 # 2
Ubut
I have the same problem with my 2019 model 3008 vehicle. In the first two times, only the engine failure text and warning lamp warning light were on, and when the vehicle was stopped and restarted, there were no other symptoms and these warnings were automatically cleared. However, this is the third time that the vehicle warned of engine failure and accompanied by the problem of not getting throttle and shaking. When I stopped the vehicle, I heard that the fan was running. Since I was in the flowing traffic, I had to start again, and this time without the problem of not getting throttle and shaking, but with the engine failure warning and the warning light still on, I somehow opened myself to the house about 2-3 months ago. and I wrote that I will share my experiences after the detection of the problem, but somehow I could not go to the service. Two weeks later, the vehicle has a first-year periodic maintenance, and now I will request that the cause of this problem be found and resolved during my service visit for maintenance. I do not know what the result will be, of course! It is really a big boredom to experience such a problem over and over in a vehicle that has not yet completed a year.
15.10.2020 19:51 # 3
Murat062
Hello, I will go to the authorized service soon. When shock absorbers ordered from abroad arrive, they will call and make an appointment. I will talk about this problem too. Please keep in touch and we will help each other to solve the problem. Thanks
15.10.2020 21:16 # 4
Ubut
In my first attempt to start the vehicle today, I was greeted by the "engine failure" message. However, this time I faced a different situation; Regardless of which position I put the gear (D, R, N), a warning was displayed on the screen to shift the gear to P. The vehicle did not turn off the ignition and give the warning in question again, but I did not turn the ignition off and move the vehicle again, saying whatever, just in case. Immediately after that, I called the Ankara Peugeot authorized service ABC Auto and made an appointment on Saturday morning to detect the problem of periodic maintenance and engine failure. God willing, if there is no stay on the road, but if I can take the vehicle, I will pass on the information I received on Saturday. I hope big problems for us will not be urgent.
16.10.2020 09:15 # 5
sonerkyl
Get well soon for you, these types of problems can occur with the ignition system and poor quality fuel. possibly spark plugs and coils will be replaced from the warranty. Get well soon.
16.10.2020 11:31 # 6
Ubut
Thank you Soner. You are now my source of information about cars in Ankara. During the warranty process, we will be condemned to services, but be informed that we will consult you frequently when we go through the industrial process.
16.10.2020 12:51 # 7
sonerkyl
Please, what do you mean, teacher? I'm trying to help as much as we can. On prutech and vti engines, spark plugs should be replaced every two maintenance. but try to continue the authorized service as best you can or even extend the warranty period will be much better.
16.10.2020 19:24 # 8
Ubut
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] Please, what do you mean, teacher. I'm trying to help as much as we can. On prutech and vti engines, spark plugs should be replaced every two maintenance. but try to continue the authorized service as best you can or even extend the warranty period will be much better. [/ QUOTE] Do you know if we can get the warranty extension towards the end of the second year? So just before the two-year mechanical warranty expires ..
16.10.2020 23:02 # 9
Murat062
I hope it is not a big problem. I took it to ABC group in Ankara. As far as I understand, your vehicle is diesel. Your situation may be due to bad fuel, but my vehicle is gasoline. I don't know if gasoline is also bad. As recommended, I always buy total fuel. We are waiting for your good news.
16.10.2020 23:52 # 10
Ubut
No, my vehicle is not diesel, I have 1.6 gasoline. I will always buy from Opet. Let's see what happened, hopefully we will understand tomorrow.
17.10.2020 14:46 # 11
Ubut
Today I took the car to ABC Auto. I paid 1470 TL for periodic maintenance! Only the engine oil change kept close to 500 TL. We said anyway, I asked what is the engine failure condition, he said there was nothing to the service advisor. I said I would like to learn what happened in the past malfunction records on the computer, how there is nothing, 8 thousand km vehicle stops and stops and gives engine failure for 1 year. He took me to the service, and I met a friend named Rifat who was responsible for computer control. Well, I don't think he understood anything from what he said, nor did I understand anything from what his friend wanted to say! In between, he said that it could be catalyst source, you do not use the car too much, therefore spark plugs may cause the mentioned problem (soot retention due to less use) and as they wrote in the service note, "The vehicle will be inspected, there is no problem at the moment," and that the fault will be checked again if the fault occurs again, He said that the spark plugs are in good condition at the moment, that there are no parts that require replacement, so they have not made any intervention due to malfunction. In addition, he said that even if the 2-year mechanical warranty is filled because the failure record is opened, they will intervene in the vehicle under warranty in case of a breakdown caused by the same problem. In general, nothing was said, except the promise of repairs under a warranty. It was said, "What are you going to do?
17.10.2020 15:31 # 12
Murat062
I wish the best. It means there is no problem until you get stuck. Interesting. Let's see what they say to our vehicle. I will go when the shock absorbers come. I hope I will share the result here. But even routine maintenance is really expensive
17.10.2020 17:31 # 13
Ubut
Please, I'll be waiting for you to share your experiences. In fact, Mr. Rifat, who controls the vehicle with a computer, I have mentioned you a little bit by saying that 2008 will come here because of a similar problem, Murat Bey. In the meantime, my vehicle is 48 Muğla license plate, and I wanted to write for information so that you would like to talk to the service advisor with reference to my service visit. As a result, my visit to the service did not satisfy me very much. However, although I have been driving a car for 17 years, I am not a master about cars, but only a sofa. For this reason, I am not going to fall in love with the services or industry masters by saying "No, it is not like that, it should be done like this." That's why I will continue to get in the car until I get stuck. But if the treatment does not change when the day comes, then we will change the ears with the service staff!
19.10.2020 11:58 # 14
Ubut
In the delivery form given by the service after the maintenance, the exact statement about the failure is in the picture. Friends.https: //hizliresim.com/WOH6PG
22.10.2020 20:01 # 15
Murat062
I called today. Still no shock absorbers. I'm afraid to get in the car. We bought a zero vehicle and could not enjoy it. Meanwhile, I changed the station where I bought gas. I have not received an engine failure warning for 1 week. I hope it won't happen again. But I will definitely mention it when I go to the service. I'll show I took pictures of the screen.
01.11.2020 11:01 # 16
Murat062
As of yesterday, my shock absorbers have changed. Registration was opened within the engine failure warning. It was connected to the computer, but the computer was not found fault. I had the masters watch the videos of the malfunction warning. Then spark plugs were checked. New spark plugs have been tried but did not adapt. The old spark plugs were cleaned and installed again. This is the situation right now. It was said that he would not give a warning again. If it happens again, there is a record, everything is done, the masters said. Let's see what happens
11.11.2020 09:24 # 17
Ubut
[QUOTE = Murat062] As of yesterday, my shock absorbers have changed. Registration was opened with an engine failure warning. It was connected to the computer, but there was no malfunction in the computer. I had the masters watch the videos of the malfunction warning. Then spark plugs were checked. New spark plugs have been tried but did not adapt. The old spark plugs were cleaned and installed again. This is the situation right now. It was said that he would not give a warning again. If it happens again, there is a record, everything is done, the masters said. Let's see what will happen, I hope it will be improved [/ QUOTE] You have a long time now, Murat Bey. After the service maintenance, I did not get an engine failure warning again, I hope we will not get it again. In the meantime, on the recommendation of Soner Bey, I started to buy my gasoline from Shell. By the way, Murat Bey will have a question for you, I am asking you because your vehicle is also petrol; My vehicle freezes to its normal state after running jerky and loud like a diesel engine at 1500 rpm for about 1 minute every time the engine is cold, and this has been like this since the first day I bought it. Do you have a similar situation?
12.11.2020 21:09 # 18
Murat062
Hello. Yes, as you said, my vehicle runs a little jerky at the first start and then returns to its normal speed. Automatic choke I guess. A friend of mine has a 2019 coralla, and he works like that. However, I could not warm up to this car. There is a slight whistling sound between 2000-2500 rpm at speeds of 105 km-110 km. No noise at idle or any other speed. While it has been knocked over for a few days, sometimes there is a crackling noise from somewhere on the right. I could not find out where that sound came from. When the car is in the sun, there is a sound like popping sound from the dashboard and even from the ceiling at the rear, although I am not sure. When you buy a new car, you naturally expect it to be smooth, at least for a while. I regret buying peugeot. Before that I had fiestam. I got on for 8 years, I have never experienced such ridiculous annoying things. I've been seriously thinking about selling for a day or two. I did not get the taste I expected from the vehicle.
13.11.2020 11:34 # 19
Ubut
[QUOTE = Murat062] Hello. Yes, as you said, my vehicle runs a little jerky at the first start and then returns to its normal speed. Automatic choke I guess. A friend of mine has a 2019 coralla, and he works like that. However, I could not warm up to this car. There is a slight whistling sound between 2000-2500 rpm at speeds of 105 km-110 km. No noise at idle or any other speed. While it has been knocked over for a few days, sometimes there is a crackling noise from somewhere on the right. I could not find out where that sound came from. When the car is in the sun, there is a sound like popping sound from the dashboard and even from the ceiling at the rear, although I am not sure. When you buy a new car, you naturally expect it to be smooth, at least for a while. I regret buying peugeot. Before that I had fiestam. I got on for 8 years, I have never experienced such ridiculous annoying things. I've been seriously thinking about selling for a day or two. I did not get the taste I expected from the vehicle. [/ QUOTE] I have never heard the whistling sound you mentioned, so it is not a situation in my car, I hope yours is also a temporary problem. It is acceptable as the expansion sound is inherent in the item, I also hear an expansion sound from the front console from time to time. . But I have clearly never heard a similar sound from the rear ceiling. My previous and first car was the 1.3 multijet Oper Corsa, which I had driven for 9 years. It gave me almost no problems, never showed me around the industry, never let it go. We changed that car because it was too small and we got bored of the diesel engine noise. But even though it is not right to compare this with my car, which has a very limited electronic mechanism, it is also true that the Peugeot brand still does not reach a standard between the quality of service and the cars it unloads. The most important indication of this is that there are people who are constantly struggling with problems like you and me, and those who drive the same car without any problems for 100 thousand km. I also uploaded a photo for you about the scratching sound coming from the right. I heard the same scratching sound from the right side, I thought the speaker exploded first, but when the same sound continued to be heard while the music was off, I found that the sound came from the plastic part right in front of the rearview mirror. The paper that I squeezed between that piece about 4 months ago is still there, I took it in red circles in the picture. If you want, you can check that part, it can be the source of the scratch. I will be glad if you give feedback afterwards.I wish you a good day, safe driving.https: //hizliresim.com/rswO6f
14.11.2020 23:45 # 20
Murat062
Thank you. I'll look at the place you mentioned about the sizzle sound at the first opportunity. I hope he is there. I'll write the result here.
Page : / 3
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”