Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

EMERGENCY right rear wheel locked

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:49 # 1
Karacocuk24
Hello, I just got in the car around 00:35, I came back a little, then the right back wheel locked and barely rolled forward so I left
1.While engaging the handbrake today it was strangely soft
When the 2nd incident comes to print, I lower your handrail, it stays in half when I want to pull it again. What is the problem? can i solve it myself
08.05.2020 20:49 # 2
GokhaN
if you lock it hard, you will change the handbrake wires.
08.05.2020 20:49 # 3
onlycihan
It is easy to disassemble the plastic on the shaft tunnel so that you can understand for yourself as if a malfunction occurred in either the handbrake lever or the wire assembly. You can check the handbrake connection and gears. Do not force too hard, the pad can wear out
08.05.2020 20:49 # 4
Karacocuk24
Thanks for your message, friends, the problem has been solved.
08.05.2020 20:49 # 5
sonerkyl
Get well soon, brother. Even if I were going fast on the peripheral road etc when God was running away, it would have caused you an accident.
08.05.2020 20:49 # 6
Karacocuk24
Thanks soner but I guess it costed a little bit :) brake centers linings lathe brake hydraulic drum dust cover work 600 TL per piece costs prices 20_30 lira from the internet, but they do not understand what they were going to hold 200 lira per job but they are giving away when they are convicted :))
08.05.2020 20:49 # 7
serdarr4
Get well soon.
08.05.2020 20:49 # 8
Karacocuk24
[QUOTE = serdarr4] Get well soon. [/ QUOTE] thanks bro
08.05.2020 20:49 # 9
x571
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] get well over with that, bro. Even if I were going fast on the peripheral road etc, when God went blessing, it could have caused you an accident. [/ QUOTE]

Let me ask you where it is, how do we know that the rear drums are about to end? How do we know that the brake system must be serviced?
08.05.2020 20:49 # 10
sonerkyl
[QUOTE = x571] [QUOTE = sonerkyl] get well over with that, bro. Even if I were going fast on the peripheral road etc, when God went blessing, it could have caused you an accident. [/ QUOTE]

Let me ask you where it is, how do we know that the rear drums are about to end? How do we know that the brake system must be serviced?
[/ QUOTE]

Many vehicle users do not pay attention to the rear drums or go to have it done when the hand brake is not held. In fact, it helps braking in the rear drums during normal driving, especially in abs vehicles, it is useful to have it checked. I have a lining in the rear drum. When my teacher runs out, he does not hold the hand brake in general, or it holds very little. The drum cover is checked, if necessary, the lathe is changed, the pad is replaced, and the parking brake is adjusted.
08.05.2020 20:49 # 11
x571
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] [QUOTE = x571] [QUOTE = sonerkyl] get through this, bro. Even if I were going fast on the peripheral road etc, when God went blessing, it could have caused you an accident. [/ QUOTE]

[/ QUOTE]

Many vehicle users do not pay attention to the rear drums or go to have it done when the hand brake is not held. In fact, it helps braking in the rear drums during normal driving, especially in abs vehicles, it is useful to have it checked. I have a lining in the rear drum. When my teacher runs out, he does not hold the hand brake in general, or it holds very little. The drum cover is checked, if necessary, the lathe is changed, the pad is replaced, and the parking brake is adjusted.
[/ QUOTE]

I found this while researching. for checking the back pads;

1-We jack up the car.
When the 2-hand brake is lowered, we turn the rear wheel 3-4 turns, it should stop as if it was braking.
3-If it doesn't stop, it turns, then there is a problem.

I personally do not understand, even if it does not hold the handbrake, because I both apply the handbrake and leave it in gear. Lastly, the lady tried to go with the handbrake, when it came to the clutch point, the back of the vehicle sat on the ground, I think she is holding it instantly :)
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”