Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

DTC P0420 Catalyst Malfunction

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 208
08.05.2020 21:26 # 1
TeamMcLaren
Hello,

My car 2013 model 1.0 gasoline 208. The orange engine lamp has been on for some time now and has been causing Catalyst Malfunction with code P0420. They said that the catalytic converter needs to be cleaned in the service, but as far as I investigate it is said that this is not a good solution.

What would you suggest, where is the best solution in Istanbul? What method can I solve?

And what problems can I face if this problem is not fixed?

Thanks.

Arrangement: It was also said that a BSI Adaptation should be done from the service to the vehicle. Do you think this could be a solution?
the teammclar 2020-01-30 13:21:34
08.05.2020 21:26 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello,

Probably the problem is when my teacher in fuel quality uses it without a cycle, such problems can occur. Cleaning usually solves the problem and you do not experience the same trouble for long periods of time. My recommendation is to replace the spark plugs and use floor cleaning additives and use them and use the vehicle in a calm place such as the ring road. BSI adaptation is actually a software update. If you have the software update first and then use the wür or link I have given, the problem will probably be solved.

08.05.2020 21:26 # 3
TeamMcLaren
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] Hello,

Probably the problem is when my teacher in fuel quality uses it without a cycle, such problems can occur. Cleaning usually solves the problem and you do not experience the same trouble for long periods of time. My recommendation is to replace the spark plugs and use floor cleaning additives and use them and use the vehicle in a calm place such as the ring road. BSI adaptation is actually a software update. If you have the software update first and then use the wür or link I have given, the problem will probably be solved.

[/ QUOTE]

Thank you so much teacher
25.05.2020 18:42 # 4
Drsgul
Hello, I am also a Peugeot 208 1.0 user, I bought it in July last year (2019) and the same problem is also in my car (4 5 days after the fault light was on, the former owner said I did not have it) then I took it to the master (he saw p0420 and p000b errors from the catalyst gives said this error) the catalyst was clean because it would not be a problem to burn or fall out of traction, so I have been using it for months and went to special services for a few times, but I could not find a solution. Did @sonerkyl's solution work? If the problem is not solved, I work in Zeytinburnu on the European side of Istanbul. Do you have any expert suggestions for this catalyst failure? I will notify if I can solve it.
04.11.2020 15:47 # 5
hakocan
Hello, last week I bought a 2013 model 1.0 lt. The day after I received the vehicle it gave the same error. I replaced it with a euro5 approved ir-il brand catalytic convector in a good exhaust shop. my problem is solved, if you want a search. By the way, it cost me 1300 liras: by the way, the master told me not to try to force the vehicle and open it hakocan2020-11-04 15:48:55
04.03.2021 10:27 # 6
ydemirtas
Hello friends,
I also have 208 with 1.2 vti lpg. For about 1.5 years, the catalyst and rich mixture had been malfunctioning, and it was emitting heavy black smoke while in gasoline. They said that wherever I go, the catalyst will change. The last time I went to a master I found on the internet. He said the problem might be from the map sensor or the oxygen sensor. We disassembled the oxygen sensor and looked inside the catalyst, it looked clean. We asked the sensor prices, as you know it is quite expensive and it was not in the hands of the parts. Oxygen sensor is black. The master cleaned those two sensors and connected them to the computer and updated something, and the vehicle idle until the fan was running, connected to the computer. And my problem has been solved, now I have passed 500 km and the sound of the vehicle has come to its own. I solved the problem very cheaply in this way, and now I get on gasoline, it is almost burning as much as diesel.
30.03.2021 15:54 # 7
cagoto3535
Teacher, which master did you take it to? And for months, the engine fault light was on, they said it was changed once because of the catalyst. After 3 months, I would be glad if you share this situation.
15.04.2021 09:28 # 8
ydemirtas
My teacher, after a while (about 800 km), the vehicle turned on a malfunction light on me again. The error code only had p0420 this time. There is still no problem with the alertness and sound of the smoke throwing. It turns on the light every 250-300 km. There are those who say it is normal because it has LPG, but I use the vehicle in gasoline now. Since I do not have a problem with the consumption of the traction, I erase the fault and continue. I am tired of it now, and I have no trouble at all. I went to the İlker auto in the old city. If you are a master of his job around Eskişehir, you can make an appointment with an existing number on the internet and go.
18.04.2021 23:07 # 9
Sanma33
Hi friend. Happy ramadan. My 2011 vti
I have had the same problem for 3 months. I am deleting the p0420 code 200
300 km later. LPG vehicle, but. I have been using gas
for 2 years. Could you guide me what kind of treatment they applied.
If I was close, I stretched to the old city.
Thanks in advance. Thank you
19.04.2021 07:29 # 10
ydemirtas
As I said in the previous post, unfortunately, it also burns every 250-300 km. Oxygen sensor map sensor was cleaned and did not light up for a while. In the traction of the vehicle etc. As long as there is no problem, I will not wear it anymore.
31.07.2021 11:37 # 11
cagoto3535
The strange thing is that I talked to an exhaust man, the man says that even if you change the catalyst, there is no guarantee, he says that after 3-4 months, the malfunction light may come on again, it's a damn thing.
31.07.2021 11:37 # 12
cagoto3535
it says chronic
31.07.2021 11:38 # 13
cagoto3535
but there are people who use it without any problems, maybe it's a bit of luck
31.07.2021 20:34 # 14
iltekmer
I had the same problem as well. I went to many people. I've spent a lot of money. But after cleaning the lambda/oxygen sensor everything was fine. Because the oxygen sensor is sending the rich and lean fuel status to the brain. He was experiencing indecision.
03.04.2022 18:05 # 15
coinchun
Herkese merhaba konuyu hortlatmak istedim. Çok araştırma yaptıktan ve denedikten sonra çözüme ulaşan arıza ışığı yakma sorunu P0420 arızası çözüldü.
İhtiyacınız olan 1Mohm değerinde 1 adet direnç ve 1uF kondansatör.
Öncelikle katalizör sonrası yani 2. Oksijen sensörünü soketinden çıkarıp 22 numara anahtar ile söküyoruz. Dışındaki korumayı sıyırıp kabloları ortaya çıkartıyoruz. 4 adet kablo var beyaz olanlar sensörün ısıtması için o kablolarla işimiz yok. Bizim işimiz siyah ve gri kablo ile siyah olan sinyal gri olan şase kablosu oluyor. Siyah kabloyu sokete yakın bir yerden kesiyoruz ve 1Mohm değerindeki direnci kestiğimiz yere lehimliyoruz. Daha sonra kondansatörün + ucunu direncin sokete giden kısmına lehimliyoruz. Ve kondansatörün - ucunu ise gri kabloyu kesmeden dışını sıyırın ve sıyırdığınız yere lehimleyin. İşlem tamamen bu kadar kolay. Araç ister lpg li olsun ister sırf benzinli olsun kesinlikle arıza ışığı yakmayı sonlandırıyor ve ikinci oksijen sensörünün voltajını 0.45v olarak sabit tutarak düzene sokuyor. Devreyi fotoğraf olarak da paylaşacağım. Fotoğrafta renkler farklı mavi olan bizim araçlarda siyah kablo beyaz olan bizim araçlardaki gri kablo olacak.
Herkese şimdiden kolay gelsin.
https://images.app.goo.gl/vEKnmYbryrrmSyUg9
https://resimyukle.io/r/p9SmRzYEPb
03.07.2022 11:51 # 16
Simuzer
Although the resistance is not important, will the capacitor be able to withstand the engine and exhaust temperature at the bottom? In fact, this process is nothing but tricking the brain of the vehicle. It's like we're wearing an oxygen sensor bracket. It's mechanical, it's electrical..
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”