Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Don't be stuck with your vehicle.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:05 # 1
Guests
Yes Friends One of the points where most vehicle drivers are cold is that they do not put antifreeze in their vehicle in cold weather. antifreeze does not exceed 15 pounds including total workmanship.
The damage to our vehicle is at least 2000 Lira and above ...

What is antifreeze - Usage areas of antifreeze

While the engine of our car provides the power to drive the car, it also generates heat. The engine is cooled by continuously circulating water in the engine block. This water, which is heated by the heat it receives from the engine, is also cooled with the help of air in the radiator.

We only realize this event, which occurs continuously in a closed cycle and ideal heat balances, when the cooling event is insufficient in case of any malfunction, when the vapor comes out of the radiator, in other words, when our car overheats.

In the cold winter months, when the car temperature is below zero, our car is still in front of the door and this cooling water can freeze like any other water. It expands as it freezes and can crack the engine block with the pressure it does. To prevent this phenomenon, the fluid we call 'antifreeze' is added to the water, which will prevent it from freezing even below zero.

The rate of antifreeze in the engine's coolant determines the lowest possible air temperature in that area. Then it can be thought as follows. Why do we not completely replace antifreeze in place of the coolant in order to be completely safe? No matter how low the temperature drops when the antifreeze rate is 100 percent, will the maximum protection not be achieved?

No it doesn't. It may sound logically reversed, but antifreeze placed more than a certain rate reacts completely opposite this time. Antifreeze is added to the water by 50 percent, while the antifreeze itself freezes at -37 degrees, the pure antifreeze freezes at -12 degrees.

Everything that can be mixed with water lowers its zero degree freezing point. In other words, to reduce the freezing degree, powdered sugar syrup or even acid in the battery can be added. They all function to some extent the same, but none are recommended for other dangerous side effects.

In the first cars, sugar and honey were tried to be used as antifreeze, and then alcohol was decided. However, this time, the boiling point of alcohol was low, so the engine had problems when it was hot. So the ideal antifreeze was supposed to prevent freezing but at the same time not cause the water to boil. Today, a colorless chemical liquid called 'ethylene glycol' is used for this purpose.

The anti-freeze feature of the chemicals added to the water comes from the molecular structures of water and ice and the effect of antifreeze on these structures. As it is known, as in all liquids, molecules in water are free and irregular, and in solids (ice) they have a stable and smooth structure. As the water freezes, the molecules of the molecules slow down first and then they reach a smooth and stable position, that is, they crystallize. Here is the role of antifreeze here. molecules combined with water molecules to prevent them from forming ice crystals

So then, when there is no water in the middle, why do the antifreeze freeze on its own? Because when added to water, water does what antifreeze does to water molecules. Preventing freezing, or rather delaying, works on both sides, and water also reduces the degree of freezing of antifreeze. As a result, putting antifreeze in the car's cooling water more than recommended is of no use.

the albaydemirc 2011-02-06 21:08:37
08.05.2020 15:05 # 2
serkan24577
HEYT BE KANKAM BEEE FOR SHARING THANKS NO NEED TO ME ANTIFIRDE I am in Izmir, the weather is the same here :)
08.05.2020 15:05 # 3
xdesign
There is no need for antifreeze here. On the contrary, you need an extra fan inside the hood. Embarrassed
08.05.2020 15:05 # 4
Muhammet CAKIR

Thank you very much for useful information :) Thank you :) There is no need to explain this Kutahya. Embarrassed who knows the cold of this place knows well Ağlama

08.05.2020 15:05 # 5
307P
[QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR]

Thank you very much for useful information :) Thank you :) There is no need to explain this Kutahya. Embarrassed who knows the cold of this place knows well Ağlama

[/ QUOTE]

Don't i know Sırıtma
08.05.2020 15:05 # 6
Muhammet CAKIR
[QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR]

[/ QUOTE]

Don't i know Sırıtma
[/ QUOTE] where are you bro SırıtmaSırıtma Come, Kutahya colds are waiting for you StarStar
08.05.2020 15:05 # 7
ali oncu
let's not interrupt this issue in maintenance, friends, I had it checked yesterday :))
08.05.2020 15:05 # 8
insomnia
[QUOTE = serkan24577] HEYT BE KANKAM BEEE FOR SHARING THERE ARE NO NEED TO ANTIFIRDE I am in Izmir, the weather is the same HOT :) [/ QUOTE]

I smell the smell of izmir in my nose, I would be old in 2000, I got tired of google eart

Karaoğlan went to Beydag
08.05.2020 15:05 # 9
307P
[QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR] [QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR]

[/ QUOTE]

Don't i know Sırıtma
[/ QUOTE] where are you bro SırıtmaSırıtma Come, Kutahya colds are waiting for you StarStar [/ QUOTE]

Ist good yahu Sırıtma Around 20 February, my glcm brother Sırıtma
08.05.2020 15:05 # 10
Muhammet CAKIR
[QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR] [QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR]

[/ QUOTE]

Don't i know Sırıtma
[/ QUOTE] where are you bro SırıtmaSırıtma Come, Kutahya colds are waiting for you StarStar [/ QUOTE]

[/ QUOTE] it is a shame to ask, when the recording starts SırıtmaStar I do not know
08.05.2020 15:05 # 11
TURAN61
When the night was at -8 degrees, my heat started to happen. I filled it again. I went today, I got a total antifreeze in 1lt. It only cost 6 TL.
08.05.2020 15:05 # 12
307P
[QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR] [QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR] [QUOTE = 307P] [QUOTE = Muhammet ÇAKIR]

[/ QUOTE]

Don't i know Sırıtma

[/ QUOTE] it is a shame to ask, when the recording starts SırıtmaStar I don't know [/ QUOTE]

Registration Renewals

9-10-11 February 2011

Sırıtma

08.05.2020 15:05 # 13
STALLONE
gentlemen, but in antifreeze free use, rust occurs in the water channels Embarrassed Whether it be used in summer or winter until the room engine is cracked, it does not increase the movement, does not form rust on the engine. Evil Smile
08.05.2020 15:05 # 14
tugrahan
I guess they wouldn't have invented such a thing if it wasn't useful
I think it should not decrease in summer and winter
08.05.2020 15:05 # 15
deniz_206
Thank you for sharing my colonel.
08.05.2020 15:05 # 16
se®k@n
Thank you, useful information ..
08.05.2020 15:05 # 17
Guests
[QUOTE = deniz_206] thank you for sharing my colonel. [/ QUOTE]
What do you mean my brother, thank you
08.05.2020 15:05 # 18
Guests
I am a great colonel. I wrote in a topic before. only a friend, a little bit missing. Let me repeat. whether or not the air falls below zero. antifreeze must always be used. This is because of the health and longevity of the cooling system. Those who say that I don't need to put them in hot antifreeze do wrong.
this indicates its loss in the long run. it causes damage such as early blockages, decreased cooling efficiency, early circulation pump failure, etc.

Let us notify from here, it is the choice of the part itself. Besides, shell is one of the best in terms of antifreeze quality. I advise.
Greetings, Colonel, look at yourself.
08.05.2020 15:05 # 19
hsnsnr
I did not use it in 2008, 2006 grande punto boom but I am lucky that only thermostad exploded and block covers popped so the block did not crack .......
we are only 15 lira antifreeze, but because of the negligence today, it made a frost at the moment of tomorrow.
I wanted to share a little memory, I wanted to know that you will be here.
Meanwhile, if your engine is frozen:
1 never start
2 never pour hot water
3 immediately disconnect the radiator hoses (both hoses between the radiator motor)
If you want to pour something with 4, pour antifreeze from the appropriate places ...
5 at least (if the vehicle is outside) 2 days do not touch self-melting ice
6 antifreeze fill
If you have an emergency job call a service will resolve this process in less time.
hsnsn is 2011-02-06 16:26:28
08.05.2020 15:05 # 20
Guests
[QUOTE = cecoli] my colonel let me share a very nice one. I wrote in a topic before. only a friend, a little bit missing. Let me repeat. whether or not the air falls below zero. antifreeze must always be used. This is because of the health and longevity of the cooling system. Those who say that I don't need to put them in hot antifreeze do wrong.
this indicates its loss in the long run. it causes damage such as early blockages, decreased cooling efficiency, early circulation pump failure, etc.

Let us notify from here, it is the choice of the part itself. Besides, shell is one of the best in terms of antifreeze quality. I advise.
Greetings, Colonel, look at yourself.
[/ QUOTE]

What do you mean, my brother?
accident-free driving
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”