Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Does the air conditioner increase fuel consumption?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:31 # 1
Guests
If so, why so? and how many liters does it matter ?? Ouch
08.05.2020 17:31 # 2
Bugra
I write by guessing: when the air conditioner is turned on, the vehicle is de-energized due to the load on the engine. Especially in small motor vehicles like ours, you notice a lot of difference on the ramps and you immediately notice that it has fallen out of traction. I think that fuel consumption is increasing due to the need to press a little more gas.

Let me ask a question to the friends: When we press the AC button in hot mode in winter, does the air conditioner motor work in heating as it works to cool in summer?
08.05.2020 17:31 # 3
Barut
I write by guessing [QUOTE = bugrature]: When the air conditioner is turned on, the vehicle is de-energized due to the motor being loaded. Especially in small motor vehicles like ours, you notice a lot of difference on the ramps and you immediately notice that it has fallen out of traction. I think that fuel consumption is increasing due to the need to press a little more gas.

Let me ask a question to the friends: When we press the AC button in hot mode in winter, does the air conditioner motor work in heating as it works to cool in summer?
[/ QUOTE] If you set the air conditioner to heat, it warms in the winter as it gets cold in summer.
08.05.2020 17:31 # 4
emre_akdag
yes he is doing summer and winter duty ..
08.05.2020 17:31 # 5
SDYMZ
I write by guessing [QUOTE = 206xs] [QUOTE = bugrature]: when the air conditioner is turned on, the vehicle is de-energized due to loading on the engine. Especially in small motor vehicles like ours, you notice a lot of difference on the ramps and you immediately notice that it has fallen out of traction. I think that fuel consumption is increasing due to the need to press a little more gas.

[/ QUOTE] If you set the air conditioner to hot, it warms in the winter as it is cool in summer. [/ QUOTE]
car air conditioners do not have a heat pump system. The radiator water of the vehicle is used to heat it in the winter, after the engine warms up, the interior of the vehicle gets hot.
08.05.2020 17:31 # 6
Burak
I have a lot of rumors about this subject, I researched a lot but I could not reach a clear conclusion.
08.05.2020 17:31 # 7
tellotello
It is expected to affect the fuel as it will steal from the power of the engine. By the way, going with the glass open also has an effect on fuel Smile .
08.05.2020 17:31 # 8
SDYMZ
[QUOTE = tellotello] It is expected to affect the fuel as it will steal from the power of the engine. By the way, going with the glass open also has an effect on fuel Smile . [/ QUOTE]
exactly
08.05.2020 17:31 # 9
foresteng.
In vehicles, especially in low class vehicles such as ours, the air conditioner does not have a heating feature. It absorbs moisture from the windshield by cooling only in winter and is used to remove misting. You will feel that cold air is given when you control it by hand.
The air conditioner has cooling feature only. When you press the AC key at idle, you can see how the tachometer plays or how the engine stalls ...
08.05.2020 17:31 # 10
Bugra
Now, when the knight presses AC while it is hot in winter, it is heard that the air conditioner motor is activated, and it also contracts itself in the engine. but does it have an effect on heating?
08.05.2020 17:31 # 11
SDYMZ
[QUOTE = bugrature] now it is heard that the air conditioner motor is activated when the door is pressed when it is hot in winter, and it also contracts itself in the motor. but does it have an effect on heating? [/ QUOTE]
It doesn't exactly happen, you press the A / C key in the winter for nothing. A / C pressure cooling starts, pressure shuts off, temperature adjustment is not effective in air conditioning, you can only decrease and raise the temperature in heating.
08.05.2020 17:31 # 12
mstf shn
THE VEHICLE IS SHOWN THAT A GEAR IS DECREASING SO THAT THE EXAMPLE OF THE VEHICLE IS LOADED AND GIVES THE VEHICLE OF THE VEHICLE IN THE AIR CONDITIONING MOTOR TO GIVE THE CAR TO THE ENGINE.
08.05.2020 17:31 # 13
Guests
I do not notice an excessive loss of traction. When I turn on the air conditioner, it plays very little while idling. So it has a little effect on fuel. Thanks to the respondents.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”