Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Differences Between Turbo Diesel and Atmospheric Turbo

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 16:13 # 1
I Love My Pug
Good evening everyone :) The atmospheric engine absorbs the air it needs to obtain an explosive gas-air mixture with the pressure difference created by the pistons moving up and down inside the cylinders. Therefore, a homogeneous increase in power and torque is observed in the entire speed band. The intake valve opens, the piston moves downwards, with atmospheric 1 bar pressure at sea level, air is sucked, while filling the cylinder, gasoline is sprayed directly from the injector into the intake manifold or into the cylinder, the intake valve closes, the gasoline-air mixture inside the cylinder is compressed by the piston, the spark plug sparks, the explosive mixture explodes and pushes the piston downward, which turns the crank with the connecting rod and the flywheel starts to rotate. The rest is already known story. The exhaust valve is opened for the exhaust gas to be evacuated, the piston pushes the gas out before the air starts to suck again. The operating system in the diesel is more or less the same (the fuel-air mixture sparkles itself without the heating of the spark plug instead of heating it up). So what does the turbo do? The turbo consists of two blades with blades connected to each other by a shaft. Each impeller acts as a pumping and pumping between its inlet and outlet ports in its own room. The exhaust gas has a back-up force as it exits the cylinder, and this force can be used, for example, to turn a propeller. At the entrance of the exhaust side of the turbo, hot gases coming from the exhaust manifold enter, these gases turn the exhaust propeller of the turbo, then they are taken out of the outlet and spread to the atmosphere through the exhaust pipes and mufflers. By turning the propeller on the shaft suction side of the propeller turned by the exhaust side of the turbo, it causes the propeller to create a low pressure in the air intake duct and absorb more air. Thanks to the low pressure, more air is sucked into the engine and the engine starts producing more power as it is filled with more than one air of the same volume. With its outline, the system works like this. Since the turbocharger is not able to deliver air delivery as efficiently as it is at high speeds, systems that use compressors in the lower speeds and turbo in the upper speeds have also been developed. As a disadvantage, after pressing the gas, there is a delay called TURBO LAG. This means that it takes 1-2 seconds for the exhaust gases to turn the turbo first, to absorb air and fill the cylinders, not immediately after the increase in power. COMPRESSOR (SUPERCHARGER) is also an (excessive) air filling system, but it works not only with exhaust gas from the turbo, but with the mechanical energy it receives from the crank, so the power increases immediately because the gas is immediately activated when the gas is pressurized. In systems with both, very high, even previously small, powers could be obtained that were not reached before. 1. ATMOSPHERIC 2. TURBO 3. COMPRESSOR 4. TURBO + COMPRESSOR All of them have their supporters, and their opponents, however, is that the more an air-blown engine generates more power. Sometimes it's an atmospheric but 6-cylinder engine turbo, but it produces more power than a 4-cylinder engine. The trend is to obtain more power with less volume and less fuel. Of course, these are parts that operate at high speed, high temperature and tend to malfunction. Of course, it is a different matter ... Turbo has water-cooled, oil-cooled, compressor screw or vane. There are as many types and numbers, brands and models as I Love My Pug2011-10-10 23:20:39
08.05.2020 16:13 # 2
hakankarakas
thanks for the info "Hug"
08.05.2020 16:13 # 3
I Love My Pug
Thanks for the [QUOTE = hakankarakas] information "Hug" [/ QUOTE]
& nbsp;
What do you mean :))
08.05.2020 16:13 # 4
Guests
Turbo is not something that comes into play afterwards, so if everyone reads it, I would appreciate it. We have friends who say that when the cycle is over 30 & nbsp; "Laugh"
08.05.2020 16:13 # 5
Guests
[QUOTE = HuseyinTurk] Turbo is not something that comes into play afterwards, I would appreciate it if everyone reads, we have friends who say that it will be activated when the cycle is over 30 & nbsp; "Laugh" [/ QUOTE]

There is something right here, it usually enters 1800 cycles, not 30u (at least I feel so), the reason is the turbo lag as written above, There is compressed (compressed) air in front of the turbo, and I guess the power required to beat that air in the first place must be produced by the turbine (fins on the exhaust side), which corresponds to those revolutions. For the turbo to be activated at lower speeds, the pressure in front of it must be taken, which is used as a blow off valve, although this tool, which is usually used as an artist, is seen to be beneficial because it takes the pressure in front of the compressor, but it is obvious that it does not work well in small turbo vehicles like us. If you already take the pressure in front of you, again, as mentioned above, it doesn't work very well in the lower ages. & Nbsp;

Note: I said by guessing, there is a possibility that what I said is wrong:) < / div>

Also, I have always wondered how you provided a super information brother compressor thank you :)
mustafa_uslu 2011- 10-11 10:16:07
08.05.2020 16:13 # 6
sedataksu
Good expression has been respected. "Applause"
& nbsp;
Diesel as a vehicle user, atmospheric in diesel My next choice will definitely be the turbo engine instead of the engine.
08.05.2020 16:13 # 7
Engin Tepe

I love FSI: D

08.05.2020 16:13 # 8
I Love My Pug
[QUOTE = mustafa_uslu] [QUOTE = HuseyinTurk] Turbo is not something that comes into play later, so if everyone reads it, we have friends who say that when the cycle is over 30, we have friends who say [/ QUOTE] There is something right here, but not at 30 but usually in 1800 revolutions (at least me) I feel like it), the reason is the turbo lag as written above, there is compressed (compressed) air in front of the turbo, and I think the power required to beat that air in the first place must be produced by the turbine (fins on the exhaust side), which corresponds to those times. For the turbo to be activated at lower speeds, the pressure in front of it must be taken, which is used as a blow off valve, although this tool, which is usually used as an artist, is seen to be beneficial because it takes the pressure in front of the compressor, but it is obvious that it does not work well in small turbo vehicles like us. If you already take the pressure in front of you, as mentioned above, it does not work well in the lower ages. Note: I guessed it by guessing, there is a possibility that what I said is wrong:) Also, I was wondering if you provided a great information, brother, I always wondered. .This makes it smaller by lightening, which allows the propeller and compressor to run faster by enabling it to start up faster. Dump Valve / Blow off ValveDump Valve is a part that is produced to increase the gas response by keeping the turbo pressure constantly high in turbo-fed cars. In turbo-fed vehicles, the turbo continues to turn when the foot is pulled out of gas, but there is no place where the air pressed by the turbo goes. The high pressure created for I applies a great force to the turbo propeller, which slows the propeller suddenly. When you press the gas again, it is necessary to accelerate the propeller again so that the turbo pressure can reach its peak, and during this time, a great loss of performance is experienced because the desired turbo pressure cannot be achieved. Dump Valve is there to prevent this loss of performance.When you pull your foot out of the gas, Dump Valve comes into play immediately and gives out the air pressed by the turbo, so the propeller does not slow down as the air pressed by the turbo will not backfire and apply a back pressure, and the impeller does not slow down as soon as you press the gas again. turbo pressure reaches at its peak right away, and you will not experience any loss of performance between sudden gas pulls and pressures. Benefits * It prolongs the life of the turbo by preventing the negative back pressure on the turbo fan. High turbocharger pressure means high power. * It provides surplus power as it exhausts the old heated air between exhausting and depressing, and introduces new, cold air.
08.05.2020 16:13 # 9
Engin Tepe
So, it is useful to use the left foot brake in intermediate brakes without pulling from the gas to avoid power loss: D
08.05.2020 16:13 # 10
I Love My Pug
[QUOTE = Engin Tepe] So it is useful to use the left foot brake without pulling off the gas in order to avoid power loss: D [/ QUOTE]

Choosing a coin and a blow off fit :)) The brake on the left foot is very different, it takes the man out of the window :)))
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”