Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Difference in headlights

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 14:57 # 1
koliva
Hello friends,
I have added pictures of my car's headlights in the following two pictures. As you can easily see, they are different from each other. There is clearly transparency in the right headlight (second picture) like today. Especially on the top. However, there is no such problem with my left headlight. Did water get into it? Do I just have the chance to remove the glass and clean the interior? Or do I need to buy and install new headlights? Thanks in advance for your help.
Koliva 2010-11-12 10:09:18
08.05.2020 14:57 # 2
TURAN61
It looks like a sunburn. Soon, sun plastic is painting. So I had it too. I had it in the industry with a special operation for 90 liras.
08.05.2020 14:57 # 3
koliva
[QUOTE = TURAN61] looks like a sunburn. Sun plastic paints over time, so.I also had it. [/ QUOTE]
Sec. Turan61,
As far as I can tell from your nick, you are from Trabzon.
Which service are you going to repair in Trabzon? I live abroad, but I usually go to Trabzona. Thanks.
And at which service did you perform this deletion?
08.05.2020 14:57 # 4
mabolla
Well, dude, I have the same in the car, it is a very difficult job to clean the interior, and even if the master cannot guarantee it, it will not pass, you will pay for the work money by removing and installing the bumper or something, which I did not prefer.
If you find a clean eyeshadow, you can get it clean.
though mine is not as obvious as you, it doesn't bother me for that reason
respects...
08.05.2020 14:57 # 5
TURAN61
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = TURAN61] looks like a sunburn. Sun plastic is painting over time, so it was also with me. I wiped it with a special operation for 90 lira. [/ QUOTE]
Sec. Turan61,
As far as I can tell from your nick, you are from Trabzon.
Which service are you going to repair in Trabzon? I live abroad, but I usually go to Trabzona. Thanks.
And at which service did you perform this deletion?
[/ QUOTE]

hometown trabzon i am humble but unfortunately my place is edirne..you come to turkey edirne otosanayde garage22 has a car wash, he is doing it ..
08.05.2020 14:57 # 6
TURAN61
[QUOTE = mabolla] dude, dude, I have the same in the car, it is a problem to clean the inside, even if the master cannot guarantee it, it will not be over, you will pay for the work buffer.
If you find a clean eyeshadow, you can get it clean.
though mine is not as obvious as you, it doesn't bother me for that reason
respects...
[/ QUOTE]

the incident is not in the interior, my friend. on the outer surface ... no buffers are inserted. I have a special mixture with it, it is sanded with the hand motor using water sandpaper. I also asked for the quit headlight and it was 140 TL.
08.05.2020 14:57 # 7
selfat8
There are headlight cleaning materials on the sites do not open the exterior surface completely, if I find a site I add
08.05.2020 14:57 # 8
selfat8
http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasita-yedek-parca-aksesuar-otomobil-arazi-araci-alfa-156-far-temizlik-far-karartma-31973043/detail ?
08.05.2020 14:57 # 9
selfat8
*** What you need to clean the outside of the headlight:
1- 600-800 grit sandpaper (I used 600)
2- 1200-1500 grit sandpaper (I used 1500)
3- 2500-3000 grit sanding (I couldn't find it, I used the previous stage with the recommendation of a plexiglass worker, and I used the 1500 grit with reduced teeth)
4- Medium hardness (where I bought it said) pink color paste polish. (I heard the blue did it better later, but I'm not sure) and some jeans or a rag to apply.
5- If you will not remove the headlight, paper tape. (I disassembled the headlight so that I did not put the paint in danger, and worked from where I sat more comfortably.)

I proceed to the process stages:

Firstly, a single headlight takes about 30-40 minutes.
*** In the sanding process around the headlight, you pull the tape to avoid damaging the paint. the paper tape will not damage the paint.
*** When the headlight is dry, you sand well with 600 grit. not just the spots, but the whole. without pressing too much, circling. There is no stain and the headlight outer surface is completely white. (I was so scared at this stage between us again that it would not be as transparent as before).
*** We do the same with 1500 grit sandpaper. Meanwhile, 600 grit leaves a lot of scratches in the headlight. these 1500 grit cleaning scratches and blur continue. There will be no un sanded place on the headlight surface. If there appears to be stains, a little more sanding can be applied to that part.
*** Wash the headlight thoroughly. If possible, apply the 2500 grit wet, while the faucet is constantly running on the headlamp, or if you want help from a friend like I did, by draining water from the drum. you will see that the headlight has become transparent again. Continue until it is completely transparent.
*** Turn off the water, dry the eyeshadow well and apply the cake polish with a cotton cloth or circles again by applying the circles. you do this until your arm is tired. polishing creates protection on the headlight surface. Therefore, do not wash the shadow when you are finished with polish, wipe off any residue with a clean cloth.

The process is complete

08.05.2020 14:57 # 10
mabolla
Well I was wondering, how do we know if this mist is inside or outside of the headlight?
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”