Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Deceleration / Stop

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 14:54 # 1
ahmet2010
Hello there,
I have a question like this
To slow down / stop the vehicle, you recommend my engine braking.
For example, I am going in 4th gear I have to slow down / stop my 3 (seeing 3000+ revs and slowing down the low gear) 2 by lowering the gear speed without pressing any throttle and brake, or I must stop the clutch braking.
Let me add that, do you recommend stopping by gradually shifting while watching in traffic, or clutch + brake + 1st gear when going directly at example 3?

2, the question might sound similar, the first thing I want to mean is the engine brake.

Thanks in advance

edit: vehicle 206 sedan
ahmet2010 2010-09-26 08:20:22
08.05.2020 14:54 # 2
acelik
My teacher, are you a math teacher or something? You absorb the incident into the strange formula. I think you can use the motor brakes if you can't stop by braking normally, but I think you shouldn't do this too much. After all, you can force the gearbox running at high speed to work at low speed, and it can damage the gears.
08.05.2020 14:54 # 3
Guests

when the vehicle wants to be slowed down, firstly the foot brake is pressed. just to the brake pedal. When the dust is dipped into the cycle, the vehicle should not shake and stop, then the clutch is pressed, the gear is taken to the blank, the drain is left and stopped. If you press the clutch along with the active brake, the vehicle will be removed and more braking force will be required to stop the vehicle since it will cancel the braking effect of the engine. This also heats the brakes and adds a higher load to the brake system during the hot summer months. it is also an erroneous application. Before that pain, the brake and the clutch are pressed.

engine braking is not an application that I would recommend. As soon as the brake is applied, it can be slowed down by gear. However, by using the gearbox, the engine pressures the engine in compression and heat forces the segments first. is an application that will wear the engine. Overlapping the entire chassis onto the engine shortens the engine's shoulder. Is my brake pad valuable or valuable? which one is easy to change? hang the brake pad sprocket on the motor wiper ...

Of course, this does not mean using continuous foot brake. Especially in hot summer days, we should do the foot brake with the current gear, as we descend at the ramp bases. For example, we are ramping down the ramp. We do not press much gas at all. If the vehicle is accelerating with the 5th gear, it can be taken to 4 and then it can be reached. However, if the vehicle is accelerating, the speed should be kept under control by applying small braking.
the cecol 2010-09-26 11:25:14
08.05.2020 14:54 # 4
ahmet2010
thanks a lot guys
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”