Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Coolant and STOP Light in Cold Weather

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
14.01.2022 15:33 # 1
oguzhankaval
Hi friends ,

I have a 2004 Peugeot 206. Vehicle diesel.

In the summer months, the ignition was turned and the vehicle was driving directly after 10 seconds. Now it's winter, when I turn on the ignition and press the brake, the 2 lights I show in the picture come on. STOP and Radiator water light.

They do not light up when you are not pressing the brake, that is, when you are not trying to move the vehicle. But it does this when the engine is cold. Let the car run for 5 minutes and let me give it intermediate gas, it goes off after a little while.

Never had such a problem in summer. In my opinion, because the engine is cold, the vehicle gives a warning and wants the engine to warm up a little. However, it's been 6 months since I got my license. I have nothing to do with vehicles :) Is there any other problem? As I said, it only does it at start up and when I don't run it for more than 6 hours for a long time. By the way, parking etc. It rarely does it when I leave it, and more when I leave it out.

Coolant, brake oil etc. full. There is antifreeze.
17.01.2022 10:19 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello .

diesels have a water level switch on the reserve tank. it may be faulty. First of all, the diagnostic device is a look. because the stop light is on because the water level seems low. In addition, the airbag light is on, I think if you constantly remove the bakelite under the steering wheel, there are sockets there, they may be loose. Or check the underarm sockets.

Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”