Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Clutch - Brake? Brake-Clutch?

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 17:32 # 1
By_Akademisyen
Hello Friends,

I bought Peugeot 206 about 3 weeks ago, I got a driver's license 7 years ago, but since it has been a while, I started to get used to training again but I have a problem;

At turns and at intersections or when I slow down When I was at 2 or 3, I used to press the clutch and then apply the brakes and I had no problems. acceleration like throwing himself forward, so I came back from the crash several times. Is this something wrong with me?
If so why did the internet and my friends recommend something like this?
Is there a problem with the car? I would be glad if you help with this.
08.05.2020 17:32 # 2
dukenukem82
If you press both at the same time, it will not make more sense of the priority order :). I use it that way. If my slowdown stop distance is far, I slow down by downshifting. If it is downhill, while folks are braking completely, I get off in 3rd gear without brakes :)
08.05.2020 17:32 # 3
koliva
You have not specified how many models of your vehicle, but in new generation vehicles, all of the controls are electronic and are managed by the brain. Even when you give a signal, there is no direct connection between the arm and the signal lamp. Once the signal comes from the arm to the brain and from there it goes to the signal lamps. This is why our vehicles do not have an extra signal flasor circuit as in old vehicles. In parallel, there is no direct connection between the gas pedal and the engine, unless your vehicle is old. If there is an electronic throttle pedal, it will be a sitting throw from the situation I will now say. The information of how much you press the accelerator goes to the brain and, according to this information, sends the air fuel mixture to the cylinders in the brain. There is a situation that the brain sends this mixture of fuel even if you do not press the pedal. That is when the overturn is too low and the vehicle will stop if it goes away. The brain sends fuel to the engine so that the vehicle does not stop until the speed of the vehicle passes a certain point. I guess in your case, the speed of the vehicle decreases so much as you slow down in gear, which is why it starts to deliver gas. It's not the wrong thing you do, but you also need to check the cycle. Follow the indicator at first, you will slide it as you go day by day and understand what you want from the sound of the engine. Reviews
08.05.2020 17:32 # 4
By_Akademisyen
My car is the 2006 model Peugeot 206. As you said, I take off as I said, when the gear is at 1, I will return after I go a little, then I press the brake, then the car suddenly puts itself forward as if it presses the clutch. In this case, instead of brake-clutch, should I do clutch-brake?
08.05.2020 17:32 # 5
koliva
[QUOTE = By_Academician] My car is the 2006 model Peugeot 206. As you said, I take off as the gear is at 1, I will return after I go a little, then I press the brake, and when I press the clutch, the car suddenly puts itself forward like gas. In this case, should I do clutch-brake instead of brake-clutch? [/ QUOTE]

Have you ever looked at the cycle while pressing the clutch? First of all, we need to find out if the problem I mentioned above.
koliva 2013-04-21 16:55:48
08.05.2020 17:32 # 6
By_Akademisyen
The car is very slow, I take off, I take off from the parking lot in the middle of the aparta, I will turn a little later, for example, the car is in 1 gear. Apart from that, it has been a few more times in 2nd gear but the low-speed car is slow, so I'm stepping on the brake & nbsp; it does not stop suddenly when pulling it out or pressing it from the brake.
08.05.2020 17:32 # 7
koliva
[QUOTE = By_Academician] The car is very slow, I'm taking off from the parking lot in the middle of the car park. Apart from that, it has been a few more times in 2nd gear, but the low-speed car is slow, so I press the brake & nbsp; it does not stop suddenly pulling it out while pressing or pulling from the brake. [/ QUOTE]

As I said above, if in 2nd gear If your cycle is too low on the way, for example 10 thousand rpm. your vehicle automatically gives gas itself. You cannot understand this because you applied the brake. When you take your foot off the brake, your vehicle releases gas to correct the speed. I understand it from here, but that's it.
08.05.2020 17:32 # 8
By_Akademisyen
The information you say yes is exactly the same. To get rid of this situation, if I first clutch then brake then I guess this is not a problem, right?
08.05.2020 17:32 # 9
eray307
The vehicle releases the gas to stop, because it brakes until it drops below idling, so you are hurting the engine, it is trying to get rid of it.
It is valid when the speed is high before the braking story is for the help of the engine brake, but that is not so important, it is completely habitual.
08.05.2020 17:32 # 10
ahmed206
It is very true what the friend says, when the speed is too low in gear, the vehicle is gently gassing to catch a certain speed by itself. If it does not do this, it will start to vibrate and will miss it. Take your feet off the gas and sit back and the car will continue on the road at a certain speed. If the cycle is to drop further, press the clutch from 1500 onwards. Don't get used to it by heart. I personally try not to press the clutch if I will not stop, but sometimes it is necessary to slow down so that I clutch as much as I have stopped.

08.05.2020 17:32 # 11
samet206
Clutch brake is the most accurate stereotypical course, so it is always taught like this. Even the debris brake is not always mentioned. But it varies depending on the situation, you are very fast, you can soften it with brakes, then you can speed down the clutch brakes. After a while, you just brake, but most of all, if sudden braking is to be made when it comes to it, it is like a clutter brake. :) Reviews
08.05.2020 17:32 # 12
_ali_
As long as the clutch is not pressed, the power of the engine continues to be transferred to the tires, that is, the engine pushes while trying to hold the brake. So if the goal is to stop immediately, clutch-brake.

But if the goal is to slow down, it is better to lower the gear instead of the brake to prolong the life of the pads and the disc.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”