Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Citröen C5 Knock Problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » Other Brands
08.05.2020 21:21 # 1
eran
Friends 2012 Model I have C5 at 179,000 km. Around 2500 cycles while cruising, when I pull my foot out of the gas, the vehicle is hit. With this complaint, I went to the master, checked the engine and transmission wedges, changed what should be changed. Although partially improved, the problem was not fully recovered. Namely, he does this problem occasionally. It seems to me that it is not something mechanical because it is from time to time. A friend said he might have an egr valve. It is not a hard knock enough to make a lot of trouble but it is felt.
I would like to get your feedback.
08.05.2020 21:21 # 2
omerb
eran bey, your vehicle is probably diesel.
Diesel has a system called dpf. This takes place from time to time and the vehicle becomes more abnormal than usual. Here, the vehicle takes some action to burn the soot and the knock you mentioned occurs. This is not a mechanical problem. It is all about the reaction rate in gasification. You press the gas, as if you feel that gas is given after half a second, the car suddenly moves and knocks.
If this is the problem, this is normal. I think don't touch your vehicle. Do not seek adventure. You coincide with an inexperienced master. They make you absorb from your vehicle. You get both money and pleasure. This is my advice. Exactly.
08.05.2020 21:21 # 3
eran
[QUOTE = omerb] eran bey, your vehicle is probably diesel.
Diesel has a system called dpf. This takes place from time to time and the vehicle becomes more abnormal than usual. Here, the vehicle takes some action to burn the soot and the knock you mentioned occurs. This is not a mechanical problem. It is all about the reaction rate in gasification. You press the gas, as if you feel that gas is given after half a second, the car suddenly moves and knocks.
If this is the problem, this is normal. I think don't touch your vehicle. Do not seek adventure. You coincide with an inexperienced master. They make you absorb from your vehicle. You get both money and pleasure. This is my advice. Exactly.
[/ QUOTE]

Yes, I forgot to mention, my car is diesel. Smile
The problem is not at the moment of gassing. It feels more pronounced at speeds like 100 km / h. When I pull my foot out of the gas, it is thrown into the militia and knocks.

You are right when you say it. I'm afraid to come across someone who doesn't know.

In fact, it makes sense. When it enters the particle cleaning mode, the vehicle is probably from it.
08.05.2020 21:21 # 4
eran
[QUOTE = omerb] eran bey, your vehicle is probably diesel.
[/ QUOTE]

The master of the private service where I showed the vehicle also said what you said. The reaction in this vehicle is normal, he said something like the acceleration reflex of the engine or something. I did not handle it either. I knew that DPF was activated from time to time. This may be the reason why the knock I mentioned is occasional. Fortunately, I was relieved.
08.05.2020 21:21 # 5
sonerkyl
thank you for the information
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”