Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

brake pedal flexible

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 15:18 # 1
ask307
Hi friends
It has been 5 months since the front brake pads have been replaced. My brakes are very flexible. When I applied the brakes in the past, the car crashed, now it is not so. I bought the brake pads originally.
08.05.2020 15:18 # 2
metin
I do not know if I do, but turning the discs is not very good, it is not a financial situation, it is turning, or buy a new disc.
you should replace both discs and pads at the same time. Now that the discs are old, new pads will have scratches on the disc. If the disc starts new, the opposite happens.
The best and healthiest thing is to change the disc and pad at the same time.
08.05.2020 15:18 # 3
Guests
How so? Does it have to replace the discs that replace the brake pads? The friend's problem seems to be related to the brake adjustment.
08.05.2020 15:18 # 4
Guests
[QUOTE = badires] How so? Does it have to replace the discs that replace the brake pads? The friend's problem seems to be related to the brake adjustment. [/ QUOTE]
There is no adjustment in the disc brakes, my brother ...
however, the drum is adjusted in brake. but since the 307s have 4 disc brakes, there is no such adjustment ...
08.05.2020 15:18 # 5
Serhun

Friends, the new discs of the vehicle that I understand are mounted on a new and original pad.

Since the new pad is made of soft material compared to the old pad you use, and because of the scratches on the disc, the braking distance is extended and does not hold well. When the distortion in the discs is exactly worn on the pad and finds its shape, your brakes will hold better. As the masters say, he gets used to it a little bit :-) It's not an important situation, but he should be careful. You will be disturbed by vibration during the next pad replacement or during the braking before the pad is completely finished, and you will have to change the disc and pad.
It is not recommended to delete the discs on the lathe without forgetting, but in some cases it is done, we did. Especially, air duct discs should not be wiped on the lathe.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”