Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Automatic 1.4 206 fuel problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:39 # 1
Birkan33
First of all hello to everyone, I just joined the forum, maybe I wanted to write here because there was a problem that happened to me earlier. The 1.4 xline automatic gear I bought does not burn down from 50 kurus per lpg.
08.05.2020 20:39 # 2
talip206
I have the same. It started to burn around 35-40 cents in Istanbul traffic. But of course fuel prices have increased by 30% recently, its effect is huge. Even the least burning car in the city cannot burn down 30 cents.

Technically, 206 city factory data is 10 liters per 100 km. If we calculate it as 12 liters in lpg, it corresponds to 36 cents from 3 liras.

It is certain that your vehicle is burning too much.
1. Have air filter spark plug etc. maintenance done.
2. If it is time to change the oil, change the oil.
3. Have the thermostat checked. If the thermostat stays open, the engine will not reach the required temperature (90 degrees) and burns a lot.
4. Check tire pressure. If it is low, it affects the fuel a lot. If there is an original tire, air around 32 psi.
5. If you are a novice in automatic gear, it will affect the fuel very much. As soon as the throttle presses too much, it changes gear so late. Or if you use it at very short distances, the engine will burn if you come to your destination without warming up.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”