Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

antifreeze

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 21:06 # 1
peugeot55
Good day, 1 week ago, I was antifreeze for the first time. Will it be a problem if I add another brand antifreeze as it decreases? And if I add antifreeze like water, will it just be a problem as it decreases?
08.05.2020 21:06 # 2
talip206
Sometimes mixing different brand antifreezes can leave an oily layer in the expansion vessel. Other than that, no problem. It will be better if you use the same brand and color as much as possible. You can add as much as you can.
08.05.2020 21:06 # 3
GokhaN
all of them have different endurance temperatures, I think using a different brand color is no problem in putting water is the only thing I do not recommend is putting red antifreeze
08.05.2020 21:06 # 4
peugeot55
If I put water, does the antifreeze keep its heat, so if I constantly add water as it decreases, does it not lose its antifreeze feature?
08.05.2020 21:06 # 5
talip206
[QUOTE = peugeot55] If I put water, does the antifreeze keep the heat, so if I put water as it decreases, does it not lose its antifreeze feature?
[/ QUOTE]
Let me tell you, hodja. There is a substance called ethylene glycol in antifreeze and it becomes more resistant when it comes into contact with water. If you put antifreeze, for example, if it lasts up to minus 15 °, 50 percent water and 50 percent antifreeze, it will last as much as -40 °. That's why 50% antifreeze and 50% water is recommended.
You can add water as it decreases. It does not cause any problems. You can add antifreeze and it does not cause any problems. The only thing you need to pay attention to is to add water to it. Smile I know it happened to me Big smile

I read a good source.

https://seyler.eksisozluk.com/motor-sogutma-suyunun-donmasi-durumunda-saf-antifriz-ne-kadar-dogru-bir-tercih

This is also a nice video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ad0tazucvgo
talip206 2018-12-30 22:45:30
08.05.2020 21:06 # 6
peugeot55
It was the first time that I had my antifreeze 16 days ago. Since I do not know much, I asked the master what to do as I diminish. I would add antifreeze. He also said that the winter will not decrease much. However, before I put antifreeze in my vehicle, it was less hot with water, now it does more and it decreased in 16 days. I bought an antifreeze of 10 TL from a101, green color, would it be a problem if I add it directly on it? How should I put water, I will be glad if you can help. I live in the center of Samsun, it doesn't get too cold.
08.05.2020 21:06 # 7
sonerkyl
never mix it. Also, do not put green on red antifreeze and antifreezes with different properties may cause other problems after a certain time. Meanwhile, the antifreeze red suitable for your vehicle is not antifreeze. There are articles about this topic in the forum.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”