Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

AIRBAG FEATURES

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 14:00 # 1
Guests
Airbags, which are now standard in almost all cars, are a very important safety issue.

Airbags, which are now available as standard in almost all cars, are a very important system in terms of safety. Airbags, which largely prevented head and chest injuries in accidents, were only on the driver's side at first. However, with the development of technology and the cheapness of airbag systems, systems that increase safety such as passenger airbags, then side airbags and head airbags were produced.

The driver's airbag steering wheel and the passenger airbag are designed to be activated in frontal collisions. They open only when needed. For example, a car could crash and roll over, but the airbag may not open depending on the type of roll-over, especially if it rolled over on its side. Likewise, the front airbags are not opened in side collisions.

Apart from the front airbags, there are currently the most common side airbags. They open in cases of side impact and can protect the abdomen and chest, or even the head, depending on the nature of the airbag. But very high-class cars also have head airbags, they are separate.

Points to consider in cars with Airbag:

First of all, the seat belt must be fastened! Otherwise, no matter at what speed, even if you are going very slowly in the city, serious head and neck injuries can be caused by the air bag being opened very quickly in the event of an accident and your head will be steered towards the steering wheel.

A warning for the driver is that the driver should not sit too close to the steering wheel. The cushion that can be opened can cause an injury if the driver is too close to the steering wheel. (The appropriate distance is the distance at which the wrists touch the steering wheel when the arms are extended forward.)

How does the Airbag work?

There is no need for much detail ... There is a compressed gas inside the Airbag, and in the event of a blow, that gas is released suddenly (if necessary), and in one second of the second, that pillow swells as your head begins to move forward with the effect of the blow, and you rest your head on the pillow instead of on the steering wheel

The healthy running time of an Airbag is on average 10 years. After 10 years, the airbag system is canceled. In addition, air bags contain batteries that need to be checked by the service, which are replaced on time.

08.05.2020 14:00 # 2
Emin
Mine was opened, I did not get it replaced, I hope I don't regret it.
No more than cost for low-speed accidents
+ As the car is opened more easily with the blow it received from under.
08.05.2020 14:00 # 3
sinan-s
I think Airbag is necessary.
Sure orj airbag fit
08.05.2020 14:00 # 4
HakanGokdemir

I have 4 airbags in my car, my airbags were not opened in the accident I had last week, but my hand is locked at about 110 km at this speed. (My seat belt was fastened)

08.05.2020 14:00 # 5
HakanGokdemir
Thumbs% 20up
08.05.2020 14:00 # 6
sinan-s
It is normal for you not to open the airbag in that accident.
08.05.2020 14:00 # 7
HakanGokdemir
[QUOTE = sinan-s] Brother it is normal that your airbag does not open in that accident .. Sensors are at the bottom because [/ QUOTE]
Doesn't affect the impact?
08.05.2020 14:00 # 8
sinan-s
[QUOTE = hakan1203] [QUOTE = sinan-s] It is normal that your airbag does not open in that accident .. Sensors are at the bottom because [/ QUOTE]
Doesn't affect the impact?
[/ QUOTE]
If I take it from the bumper it opens the coup ..
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”