Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

Active tensioned seat belt repair

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 20:43 # 1
ersinyildiz
Hello friends,

We had a minor accident, which I mentioned earlier, with the vehicle hitting backwards at a maximum speed of 30km.

While carrying the vehicle to the bonnet, I noticed that the belts were stiff and remained so. After some research, I learned that the belts have an active tensioning feature (also known as gunpowder, firecrackers). At the time of the accident, this feature was activated, tightening the belt more than 4 cm and minimizing the movement of the passenger.

This is the situation of our arches. I wonder if this is possible to repair. Can the cartridges be changed or need to buy a completely new one?

Another issue I was wondering is whether or not the airbags can be opened. The airbags did not open, an accident occurred while the vehicle was reversing and the belts were not fastened. Is this a reason or is it necessary to look for a fault under it?
08.05.2020 20:43 # 2
sonerkyl
I know that my brother, with the decision I know, does not open the net under certain speeds and especially those with active tension when the seat belt is not fastened. But the strange thing is that the tension flares do not open and the airbags do not open, if the system is wrong, correct it. The friends are trying to synchronize the seat belt flares with the airbags. Anyway, God bless. Unfortunately, it is not repaired, my teacher must change.
08.05.2020 20:43 # 3
ersinyildiz
[QUOTE = sonerkyl] Dear brother, I know that I do not open up the knot under certain speeds and especially in those with active tension when the seat belt is not fastened. But the strange thing is that the tension flares do not open and the airbags do not open, if the system is wrong, correct it. The friends are trying to synchronize the seat belt flares with the airbags. Anyway, God bless. Unfortunately, it is not repaired, my teacher must change. [/ QUOTE]

Thank you brother, it got stuck in my head. After reading it a little, I also read that it didn't open in the backstrokes, but I don't know how accurate it is.

08.05.2020 20:43 # 4
sonerkyl
it is not likely to open because impact sensors are on the front and on the side, not on the back.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”