Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

ABS BRAKE SYSTEM

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODIFIED PLATFORM » Modification and Tuning Information
08.05.2020 14:00 # 1
Guests
ABS Brake System

ABS brakes must be applied with full force from the first moment in order to provide the shortest stopping distance of the brakes.

In the brake with ABS, the foot should never be pulled from the brake when the brake pedal vibrates. This is perfectly normal, indicating that the system is working properly. The more force you apply to the brake pedal in full power brakes, the shorter the stopping distance of the vehicle. It feels a little strange to me, but it means that the braking distance is looking at the leg muscle somewhere :) This event may affect a very small percentage, but it affects the stopping distance. Even systems that will automatically deliver maximum brake pressure in panic brakes have been developed. For example, Mercedes` CLK 320 model has this system. (It already shows itself with a braking distance of 37m :))

You can see an explanation of this system called Emergency Braking Assistant in the picture below.

Note: As soon as the brake is applied, the clutch must also be depressed (both pedals must be pressed at full force). When this is not done, most of the braking force will be used to slow down the engine and go to waste. Also, the car cannot be moved for a second maneuver, since the engine will stop when the clutch is not depressed with the brake. In addition, ABS can be braked with full force on slippery roads and corners on one side.

08.05.2020 14:00 # 2
sinan-s
ABS braking system does not work in a short distance.
08.05.2020 14:00 # 3
individual
Hello
The system that you mentioned in CLK 320 is yours and I also have 307's.
It is called AFU. (brake assist system for emergency)
This system alone does not shorten the braking distance.
So the 37-meter braking distance of the Mercedes is not due to this system.
the purpose of this system is;
the brake pedal has a path.
For example, let's say 5 cm.
so there is a 5 cm movement area.
Now if we press the brake pedal 1 cm, the vehicle brakes roughly 20%.
If we press 3 cm, roughly 60%
let's say 100% even if we press 5 cm to the end.
There was an undesirable situation ahead of us. We need to stop urgently.
What we do ? we press the brake to the end, right?
But the time passes until our foot changes from 1 cm to 5 cm of the brake pedal.
This time, the vehicle continues to travel.
So even if the driver applies the brakes with full force, maybe half a second later the vehicle brakes completely.
because the driver's foot has not reached the max level yet.
this half second may seem like a short time period, but a vehicle traveling at 160 km speed travels more than 22 meters in half a second.
Brake support system has been developed to prevent such situations.
When the driver touches the brake pedal in the panic brake (the panic brake presses the human brake pedal very quickly), the support system understands the danger and applies maximum pressure instantly.
In other words, when the driver's foot is at the 2nd cm of the brake pedal, the vehicle brakes max.
Why does this system not shorten the braking distance now?
because the braking distance is the distance from the vehicle max braking until it stops.
this system only allows faster reaction.
08.05.2020 14:00 # 4
Guests
Thank you for the information individual .. If you have a chance to come to the market day, we will wait .. 307 brothers side by side :) :)
08.05.2020 14:00 # 5
Emin
Thanks for sharing information.
08.05.2020 14:00 # 6
individual
I hope my friend
my day seems empty.
I think of coming if nothing important happens
08.05.2020 14:00 # 7
Guests
[QUOTE = individual] I hope my friend
my day seems empty.
I think of coming if nothing important happens
[/ QUOTE]
construction .. we would be very happy ..
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”