Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

About gas and fuel certification.

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 19:20 # 1
srdrgktp
Hello friends
I have 2006 model 206 1.4 HDI. I saw my car being canceled last week at the service controls by a piece of sheet metal under the egr valve at the insistence of my previous owner. We removed the sheet metal and put it into operation after cleaning it. Performance in the vehicle decreased (at low revs) and fuel increased noticeably. (For example, 50 TL and 170 km) I wonder if the problem is just commissioning or is it a different reason? I am waiting for the help of friends who can give information about the subject. Best regards, good work.

Sent using Tapatalk from my Discovery device
08.05.2020 19:20 # 2
srdrgktp
Friends who have knowledge about the subject ???
08.05.2020 19:20 # 3
Canberk35
System that sends the EGR exhaust gas back to the combustion chamber. In fact, it is a piece that aims to reduce emissions rather than re-burning unburned fuels. While EGR is canceled, there are sources saying that performance increases, and vice versa. Likewise, some sources say fuel increases, some say drops. Obviously, the automotive sector is not in agreement on this matter. But the changes they claim are not visible. Especially on the 1.4HDi engine it is quite difficult.

I think that if you tell the master who put the EGR back into action, he knows what to do better. Sometimes EGR's mouth is closed with a computer as well as its mouth closed. Frankly, I don't know if there is such a system in our vehicles. If there is, it may be necessary to activate it from the computer.

Get well soon.
08.05.2020 19:20 # 4
madblueblacksea
Performance decline is normal, but no fuel consumption is required. My EGR and fold cancellation mean that the city average 6.6 lt (average speed 18km) EGR system is not working properly. EGR does not only end with sending exhaust gas back to the cylinder, it is important how much it collapses when it sends. The reason I cancel but also cancel in my vehicle is to ensure unstable operation and increase performance. By connecting the vehicle to the device, you need to have it checked if it is working properly, but you should do this where the vehicle is standing, not in a standing position, and correctly determine the behavior of the EGR. It is not a system that works continuously or works according to its head. Just look at the EGR pipe in the manifold when idling when it was just starting the vehicle. Normally it should be cold and not gas. When loaded on the gas, you feel that hot gas passes through your hand. So you can simply see your reaction madblueblackse to 2015-06-22 21:19:53
08.05.2020 19:20 # 5
srdrgktp
Thank you guys for informing. Let me try it in its old form. But it sounded very strange. The crankshaft sensor and air filter were very dusty and over 7500 km had passed. Two changing parts. On the contrary, I think that fuel should be reduced.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”