Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

About failures of 2011 508 1.6 THP

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 508
04.03.2021 08:43 # 1
sirclaw
hello everyone,
last year I bought a 1.6 thp active hardware 508 at 95000 km in September last year. I am very satisfied with the vehicle. While driving on the road about 1 month ago, there was a loss of power in the vehicle. There is no LPG in the vehicle, by the way, it has never been installed. There was no traction on the vehicle when the rev was turning 3000 - 4000. When I looked at the OBD device, I saw that there was a catalytic converter malfunction. About 15 days ago, I went to the bosch car service to make the periodic maintenance of the vehicle. All maintenance was done there, filters, spark plugs, etc. everything was renewed. When I conveyed that I received the relevant fault warning, they also conveyed that when they check it with the computer, it will pass over time that it is related to fuel. however, I continue to experience the power loss situation in the vehicle from time to time. a few days ago, I got a warning that the catalytic converter was not working with a rich mixture. all the malfunctions were resolved yesterday. Is it normal for these fault codes to appear in obd? bosch car service master stated that the loss of power was caused by confusion of the transmission, and that it would be appropriate for me to calibrate in the original service.
08.03.2021 09:23 # 2
sonerkyl
Hello teacher, it may be related to fuel. I think the self-defects are indicative of this. You have changed your fuel filter.
08.03.2021 09:38 # 3
sirclaw
as far as I know it has not changed. Currently, there is neither OBD fault code in the vehicle nor there is a problem in the vehicle. it was probably a fuel related problem.
08.03.2021 10:26 # 4
sonerkyl
if there has been an improvement, I would recommend you to change your fuel filter as soon as possible. the filter may be clogged.
29.03.2021 11:11 # 5
sirclaw
catalytic converter failure is back. I took it to the original service. Just connect it to the computer and it was said the catalytic converter could be cracked or the manifold cracked. If there is a defect in calizer and manifold, only part cost is over 11000 TL. they cannot say anything without opening it.
29.03.2021 18:11 # 6
sonerkyl
Turtle wax is not used much in our country for some reason, but I kept in mind that Clap
29.03.2021 21:51 # 7
sirclaw
Believe me, my teacher, I am confused.I have a good master in the industry, saying that if the engine is not LPG installed and it is original, he said to anyone except the official service, do not handle the engine. They took the vehicle to the maintenance station. He said yes, as you said, the vehicle has a catalytic converter malfunction. There may be two reasons for this, either the catalyst is broken in the current task, or the exhaust manifold is internally broken.I gave me a list of the catalyst necessary equipment and about 4 thousand in the manifold. But he says I can't say anything for sure without dismantling it. And of course they did not know if the part was in the warehouse or not. We may need to request parts from France or something, they said you will leave the vehicle for at least 3 weeks. I said I will think about it and let me know, they just deleted the fault record. So I paid 252 TL just to detect and delete the fault I know. However, I also have an obd device and I can delete it. Going back to the subject, does anyone who has catalyst cleaning ever work? I read that it does not work somewhere, it needs to be changed in every vehicle that comes to 100 thousand, is there any truth to it?
01.04.2021 09:22 # 8
sonerkyl
Well, believe me, my teacher, most of the masters in the authorized services do not know the job. All they know is replace it with a new one. I think there is no problem with the manifold, sir, change the worst gaskets. Catalyst cleaning sometimes does not work because they do not see the interior, but if there is nothing but soot clogging, the cleaning will take another 20000-30000 km. You can have two kinds of change. 1- To get a new one, you can find between 4000-5000 TL in the market. 2 - They empty the original catalyst inside the section and then fill it again. the room costs around 1500-2000 TL on average.
29.04.2021 11:34 # 9
sirclaw

teacher hello
the vehicle has now started to work like a diesel. I guess what is your opinion about the problem with catalytic converter?
16.07.2021 08:16 # 10
sirclaw
Hello
The vehicle has now started to give fault code P2600. Engine coolant pump engine -open circuit . Has anyone had this happen before?
11.08.2021 16:38 # 11
iskender86
Does the related problem occur when I force the engine?
11.08.2021 16:40 # 12
sirclaw
No sir, it came out after normal use. After connecting it to PC and deleting it, it did not appear again.
23.08.2021 10:41 # 13
sirclaw
Unfortunately, I continue to struggle due to the known catalytic engine fault light problem. I had the catalytic converter cleaned. Even though I cleaned the soot like zivt, the engine check light continued to come on. While researching on the internet, it was written that I could get rid of this error with the oxygen sensor trick method. I bought the equipment. I just applied it to the front oxygen sensor. idling speed in the vehicle has started to decrease, it seems as if it will stock up, then it recovers. but it just started giving warnings P0133 , P3019 and U1208. Does anyone have any information on the subject, do we need to apply this apparatus to both oxygen sensors? Could the reason or solution of the new error codes be to attach the apparatus to the other sensor?

link of the apparatus is as follows

17.11.2021 08:52 # 14
sirclaw
hello
I generally solved the problem with software and catalytic deactivation. With the performance software, the vehicle does not feel like 1400 kg anymore. There was a serious increase in horsepower and torque. but when I tightened it a little too much and stopped, I saw smoke coming out of the hood. When I asked someone who knows, they said that he was missing from the cuffs. I tightened all the clamps but the smoke continues to come out.
I am also adding a video

17.11.2021 09:42 # 15
sonerkyl
It's probably dripping oil from somewhere, sir.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”