Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

About engine oil. I cannot measure its level: /

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 17:42 # 1
Guests
Today I want to wonder and measure the oil level. I went to my car lying on a flat surface for 1 day, cleaned the engine oil dipstick and dipped it again. It was showing half. I tried 2 or 3 more times, I did not always get the same result. Then, when it came to work, I tried it on a flat floor in front of the house. This time was between half and minimum. However, when I filled the oil it was slightly below the maximum line. Could he have burned fat? I will check the plug below, let alone the rains but I am not sure that I could not make a healthy measurement: / Confused
08.05.2020 17:42 # 2
Guests
Also, is there any warning light on the 99 model car when it drops? ??
08.05.2020 17:42 # 3
cocomo
It is guaranteed that you wait for the fat to cool down.

Take a good look at the flat ground without running in the morning. cub does not lie. The dry oils remaining in the stick channel may mislead you and the stick. Try wiping it several times with a nice cloth or cloth.

at the second notch level, it means max. it should not fall below the first notch.

if the stick results do not change, either there is an oil leak, or it is burning fat
Cocomo 2013-06-13 22:46:55
08.05.2020 17:42 # 4
Guests
[QUOTE = cocomo] makes sure you wait for the oil to cool down.

Take a good look at the flat ground without running in the morning. cub does not lie. The dry oils remaining in the stick channel may mislead you and the stick. Try wiping it several times with a nice cloth or cloth.

at the second notch level, it means max. it should not fall below the first notch.
[/ QUOTE]
It was 1 finger above the first. Less than between the 2 lines. would it be a problem? I will add tomorrow
08.05.2020 17:42 # 5
error
Even though I do not know why the hot and cold oil levels can be different ...
08.05.2020 17:42 # 6
Guests
[QUOTE = errör] even though I don't know why the hot and cold oil levels may be different ... [/ QUOTE]
I will add some tomorrow. then I will check every day and pay attention to the cold cold
08.05.2020 17:42 # 7
cocomo
[QUOTE = errör] even though I don't know why the hot and cold oil levels may be different ... [/ QUOTE]

Of course, it will be different. The hot oil has a more melt consistency and is shaken inside. When he parks on the ramp, he stacks up to one corner of the warehouse.

Also, since the hot oil will not give color, you cannot see clearly in the bar.

cold oil becomes thicker and blacker as it freezes and becomes evident on the dipstick ...

Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”