Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

a new day, a new problem: dashboard

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 206
08.05.2020 16:52 # 1
zgr
hello guys days do not pass so that my vehicle will not give me a new subject. Now, the lights on the instrument panel have become problematic. At the first start of the day of the car, after starting, the stop light and oil light go out long after the others (battery, airbag, fault lights). this is until the engine gets warm. no problem when I start the engine after the engine warms up. however, after the engine warms up, the stop light does not come on when I turn the ignition off and press the starter (when I turn it up to the accessory part), the others are on. I am waiting for your valuable comments about the cause of the problem. Thank you all in advance ...
08.05.2020 16:52 # 2
xpyhre
There may be a problem with the fuses under the steering wheel. There are those who are displaced. It is good to check a possibility. & Nbsp; Possibility of a solution to replace with new ones. If the engine was flushed, there is definitely a short circuit. Have I done any operation with the vehicle's electrical installation recently? If it has been done, restore it and try again. It is useful to check the chassis attachment points.
xpyhre 2012-06-24 15:55:50
08.05.2020 16:52 # 3
koliva
When you say oil light, do you mean what is in the picture?
08.05.2020 16:52 # 4
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] When you say the oil light, do you mean the one in the picture?

[/ QUOTE]
yes I mean it.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 5
koliva
So the number 16 lamp in the picture below. Where does the oil stand when you look at the oil level of your vehicle from oil?

koliva 2012-06-24 16:23:47
08.05.2020 16:52 # 6
zgr
yes lamp number 16. It was between the two notches on the dipstick when I last checked. but I didn't look after this light went out late, & nbsp; why didn't I think of it? Isn't this lamp put on "Smile"? & nbsp; I look at it without starting the car. but if the oil level is low, does not it need to burn continuously? and if & nbsp; oil level is low, will this also affect the stop lamp? & nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:52 # 7
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr] yes lamp number 16. It was between the two notches on the dipstick when I last checked. but I didn't look after this light went out late, & nbsp; why didn't I think of it? Isn't this lamp put on "Smile"? & nbsp; I look at it without starting the car. but if the oil level is low, does not it need to burn continuously? And if & nbsp; oil level is low, will this also affect the stop lamp? & nbsp; [/ QUOTE]

We should check the oil and water of our vehicles once a week. Sometimes it is not useful to check after a problem occurs because the work is too late. Take a look and see what the level is. We'll comment later. The text Stop appears on the display to warn you. So it shows there's a problem.
I'll ask something. When was the last time you had an oil + water check? Reviews
08.05.2020 16:52 # 8
zgr

We should check the oil and water of our vehicles once a week. Sometimes it is not useful to check after a problem occurs because the work is too late. Take a look and see what the level is. We'll comment later. The text Stop appears on the display to warn you. So it shows there's a problem.
I'll ask something. When was the last time you had an oil + water check?
[/ QUOTE]
the oil check has been the last 15 days if I'm not mistaken. water control, after the timing changes, the master has just put antifreeze and water room 10 days.
I want to ask and learn something. & nbsp; What conditions should be required for oil control? I heard it shouldn't be done when the engine was stopped immediately, and does the oil check when the car is on a slope in my home street gives the correct results? What should we pay attention to during the check?
08.05.2020 16:52 # 9
xpyhre
[QUOTE = zgr]
I'll ask something. When was the last time you had an oil + water check?
[/ QUOTE]
the oil check has been the last 15 days if I'm not mistaken. water control, after the timing changes, the master has just put antifreeze and water room 10 days.
I want to ask and learn something. & nbsp; What conditions should be required for oil control? I heard it shouldn't be done when the engine was stopped immediately, and does the oil check when the car is on a slope in my home street gives the correct results? What should we pay attention to while checking?
[/ QUOTE]

We should park on a flat surface and wait for 5 minutes of oil to drain. We should remove the hood and remove it by removing the engine dipstick with a clean cloth. We have to put the stick back in place and wait a while, then remove it. The oil level is located at the end of the bar “ Min ” and “ Max ” between the lines means you don't have any fat problems. If the level “ Min ” If it is too close or below the line, you can add some oil from the engine you are using. Absolutely “ Max ” Do not cross the line.It is recommended to check the Periodic oil every 2000 kilometers.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 10
zgr

We should park on a flat surface and wait 5 minutes for the oil to drain. We should remove the hood and remove it by removing the engine dipstick with a clean cloth. We have to put the stick back in place and wait a while, then remove it. If the oil level is between the "Min" and "Max" lines at the end of the bar, you have no oil problem. If the level is too close or below the “Min” line, you can add some oil from the engine oil you use. Definitely do not exceed the “Max” line. Periodic is recommended to check the oil.
[/ QUOTE]
thank you very much for the useful information you provided. I will check the oil and take a look at the fuses.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 11
koliva
It should be looked at on a flat surface, preferably when the engine is cold. & Nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:52 # 12
tellotello
[QUOTE = koliva] It should be viewed on a flat surface, preferably when the engine is cold. & Nbsp; [/ QUOTE]

So what are the factors that affect the vehicle's water consumption? I constantly check my vehicle. The water level is now between max and min, but closer to min. He had a master 9 months ago since it was my first car and I don't even know how to put it. Is this normal decrease in water in 9 months? If I say add water, how will this be water? Isn't it water with anti freeze or something? & Nbsp;

Teşk ...
08.05.2020 16:52 # 13
koliva
[QUOTE = tellotello]
So what are the factors affecting the vehicle's water consumption? I constantly check my vehicle. The water level is now between max and min, but closer to min. He had a master 9 months ago since it was my first car and I don't even know how to put it. Is this normal decrease in water in 9 months? If I say add water, how will this be water? Isn't water with anti freeze or something? & Nbsp; It is done when it is cold. Absolutely no water is placed above the max level. Since the cooling mechanism in our vehicles is closed circuit (such as the heating system in the houses), if you put too much water (more than the maximum), the engine will expand as it warms, and the easiest exit door will be removed from the cover of the expansion cabinet (the name of the container where you put the water). Then you will look for a reason for the side because my vehicle is running low on water. I do not know if someone's ears are stuck in the forum "LOL" In other cases, our vehicles will never consume water.

We do not use mains water (including squeegee jets). We also use summer-winter anti-freeze coolant. Antifreeze is what we call antifreeze + a mixture of pure water and is usually mixed at a rate of 50%. Since you will add a little in your case, that amount does not affect the overall rate considerably. So you can put pure water directly.
koliva 2012-06-24 18:10:57
08.05.2020 16:52 # 14
blazes06
Greetings, every burning of the oil light does not mean that the car oil is missing. After checking your oil level, if it is at normal level, I advise you not to use your vehicle too much oil light; It may burn due to low oil level, non-operating oil pump, faulty oil pressure sensor, clogged lubrication system. I have had such an incident before and I did not care much, and my car wrapped up the bed while on the road due to the full failure of the oil pump. You'd better take it to the master. Get well soon.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 15
zgr
[QUOTE = blazes06] Greetings Every burn of the oil light does not mean that the car oil is missing. After checking your oil level, if it is at normal level, I advise you not to use your vehicle too much oil light; It may burn due to low oil level, non-operating oil pump, faulty oil pressure sensor, clogged lubrication system. I have had such an incident before and I did not care much, and my car wrapped up the bed while on the road due to the full failure of the oil pump. You'd better take it to the master. Get well soon. [/ QUOTE]

thank you, but my oil light is not always on. it just goes out later than other lights. sometimes it takes 10-15 seconds stop and oil light & nbsp; goes out.
& nbsp; meanwhile, I checked the oil level closer to minimum but it stands between two lines.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 16
koliva
When was the last time you changed the oil? & Nbsp;
08.05.2020 16:52 # 17
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] When was the last time you changed the oil? & Nbsp; [/ QUOTE]
has been about 8200 km. As of time, October changed in 2011.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 18
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr] [QUOTE = koliva] When was the last time you changed the oil? & Nbsp; [/ QUOTE]
[/ QUOTE]

My advice is to have the oil + filter change done in the coming days without waiting for the normal maintenance time. Use the original filter as a filter.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 19
zgr
[QUOTE = koliva] [QUOTE = zgr] [QUOTE = koliva] When was the last time you changed the oil? & Nbsp; [/ QUOTE]
[/ QUOTE]

My advice is to have the oil + filter change done in the coming days without waiting for the normal maintenance time. Use the original filter as a filter.
[/ QUOTE]
I had the last maintenance done in a road service. from services that look after every vehicle. this time i will have it at peugeot special service. they use original parts. I am already considering taking care before the summer holiday begins. Thank you.
08.05.2020 16:52 # 20
koliva
[QUOTE = zgr]
I had the last maintenance done in a road service. from services that look after every vehicle. this time i will have it at peugeot special service. they use original parts. I am already considering taking care before the summer holiday begins. thanks.
[/ QUOTE]

This maintenance will not hold much. I don't know when the summer holiday starts, but my advice is to get it done tomorrow. Probably the original filter was not used in the vehicle. Especially show it very much. Always have peugeot emblems on the piece. For example, if the original oil filter is purflux brand, then take the product from the products put on the market by purflux. Filters are various, I put pictures to show the box. The original product is like this:

koliva 2012-06-25 22:23:02
Page : / 2
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”