Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

508 trunk lock

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 508
09.03.2023 15:37 # 1
gokhan1313
First of all, have a good day everyone, my car 2012 model Peugeot 508 looks open even though the trunk lock is locked, so when I want to lock the doors, the lock throws back and the car does not lock, the car stays open I removed the lock, cleaned the grease with hot water, then dried it thoroughly and cleaned it again with brake lining spray and tried it on. but unfortunately the problem still persists is there a sensor in the lock that shows the lid closed or is there a sensor to detect that it is closed, if there is where it is, if I know exactly where the problem is, I think the solution would be easier.
13.03.2023 12:53 # 2
sonerkyl
Generally, the switches in the lock understand whether the door is open or closed, my teacher, your lock needs to be changed.
14.03.2023 23:41 # 3
gokhan1313
Yesterday I realized that when the trunk is half open, when I lock it with a screwdriver, it locks without any problems. I went to the electrician and explained that the lock is definitely faulty before the room. After my insistence, we realized that there was a break in the cable coming to the trunk, he cut it and taped it again. The problem is solved. If others encounter the same problem, they should not ignore it.
17.03.2023 10:47 # 4
sonerkyl
good luck with it sir. It's strange that there is a break in the cable there. it means that the previous owner may have taken action for the trunk lock. Thank you for the information on this.
17.03.2023 10:49 # 5
gokhan1313
thank you have a nice day
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”