Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

508 rain and headlight sensor malfunction

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 508
08.05.2020 21:29 # 1
caninne
Hello friends,

I am a 2013 model Active start-stop 508 user.

When I switch the headlights to auto mode in my car, the headlights will turn on day and night.
When wipers are in automatic mode, there is no rain, it automatically wipes every 5-6 seconds.

When I look at the fault records, it seems like the rain and parking sensor are incompatible with the window. This error cannot be deleted.

I went to the glass shop, he said that the glass is different so he did it,

I went elsewhere and said the sensor was faulty,

In general, in my researches, I saw that it was caused by the transparent pad in between, I removed the pad beautifully and cleaned it and assembled it with transparent tape myself.

When I take the sensor out of the vehicle and switch it to automatic mode, the headlights are always on, and the wipers remain on.

When I put it back in the same way, the headlights are always on and the wipers are working.

How can we tell if the sensor is faulty? Or is there anything we can do?

I ask for your help and ideas.
08.05.2020 21:29 # 2
Orcun.Dmr
When the sensor's gel is contacted, the gel's feature goes away, and the sub-industry glass is not a problem either. As long as there is no problem with the sensor electrical installation, my teacher.
08.05.2020 21:29 # 3
caninne
Do we have to clear this error after refreshing this gel in the glass shop? Or, before the error can be erased, does the sensor have to be compatible with the glass?

Because the error is not deleted.
08.05.2020 21:29 # 4
Orcun.Dmr
The sensor is currently failing because it does not fit on the glass from the gel. If the sensors work after the gel has been renewed, it will not be erased but if it still does not work, it may be necessary to delete it. If it is not deleted yet, it is necessary to do all the checks from small to large, sensor installation - sensor and the worst possible glass can also be a problem.
08.05.2020 21:29 # 5
caninne
Let me show an auto electrician, I don't want to give the car 600 TL.
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”