Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

508 1.6 VTi Fault Indicator

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » 508
08.05.2020 21:27 # 1
ertunez
Hello friends. My vehicle 2012 Model 508 1.6 Vti. My problem is this. When I start the car, the car shows malfunction and the fans of the car are running high. It never stops along the road and the fan continues to run for 4-5 minutes when I close the car. Strangely, it does this when it's cold. I do not encounter this fault indicator when the weather is hot. Have you had the same problem? Or does anyone know its trouble? Thanks in advance

08.05.2020 21:27 # 2
ismailkaya
Have you looked at the thermostat of your vehicle, and whether there is a decrease in the radiator water or in the realm, the water channels may be clogged. Have you made a transaction to the vehicle?
08.05.2020 21:27 # 3
sonerkyl
In addition to what our friend tells us, first connect the vehicle to the diagnostic device, and make sure that the universal devices may not show some universal devices. coil - spark plug - may cause eccentric valve.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 4
ertunez
I bought the second hand. I did not take any action. How can I tell if it has been done before? There is no authorized peugot dealer since I live in sakarya. The closest is Kocaeli, so I couldn't make it look more
08.05.2020 21:27 # 5
ertunez
What should I consider when using the vti tool? Is there a guide for this in the forum?
08.05.2020 21:27 # 6
sonerkyl
In some special peugeot services, it becomes the original device. I need to use a quality oil that needs attention in vti engines. Due to the nature of these engines, oil reduction can be seen around 10000 km 1-1.5 liters. Since standard oils have high evaporation rates at high temperatures, a situation with overcentric vehicles is a situation seen in many brands. Never leave the engine free of antifreeze. I guess there is no LPG in the vehicle. Replace the spark plugs with a 3-time maintenance. replace the fuel filter every 2 maintenance. make sure that the air filter and oil filter are absolutely original. Look at buying fuel from bp - shell - opet - total in places with high quality fuel. Although it seems like a lifeless vehicle at the lower revs, it has a very lively engine after 3000 revolutions. If you want to have low fuel consumption, I generally recommend you to change gears in the 2200-2500 rpm range.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 7
ertunez
Thank you very much for my teacher information. Yes, the vehicle does not have LPG. I'll take it to a private service as soon as possible. Thanks again
08.05.2020 21:27 # 8
ertunez
Hello friends. I had the chance to take it to the Peugeot authorized service today. Since the vehicle was used at low speeds, it became an institution in the engine. They said to drive 40-50 kilometers in 3rd gear at 3000 rpm after flushing the tank and adding 2 petrol additives. I will rewrite after trying. Thanks everyone
08.05.2020 21:27 # 9
sonerkyl
You're welcome, sir. Then, take the gasoline additives to the brands of quality with petrol and shell.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 10
Fan relay is available in Peugeot, the radiator fan is running at 2 rpm. 1st rpm works very slowly. Relay 1. When the rim is defective, the fan is switched to distress mode and the fan is running at high rpm. The problem you described has changed the thermostat has not been solved, then the Eagle industry also separated from Peugeot service Erol master found this fault, the problem has been solved
I hope it will benefit your problem, if you reach the solution, if you answer, it will be useful to someone else.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 11
ertunez
Hello everyone again. I drove the vehicle for about 60 km as the service said. In the first 2-3 on and off the fan sound came and then stopped. After the fan sound stopped, the fault light went out after 2-3 on and off again. There is no fan operation or fault light at this time. If I encounter the same problem again, I write. Thanks again to everyone.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 12
sonerkyl
Thanks for the return. We have to use a cycle once in a while. I'm glad your problem is solved.
08.05.2020 21:27 # 13
ClapClap thank you for the return, if your car has improved, your eye is Aydın
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”