Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club

208 1.4 eHdi Auto5r gear actuator warm-up problem

Homepage » PEUGEOT MODELS (FAULTS AND SOLUTIONS) » All Questions About Your Vehicle
08.05.2020 20:27 # 1
2ekond
Hello there,

I own the 2013 model 1.4 HDI Auto5R 208, the car is 80 thousand km and I bought it about 2 months ago. On the way back from Marmaris to Istanbul, I caught the scorching heat on the road last week, while on the road the temperature was traveling between 42-46 degrees. First, the gearbox malfunction around Izmir, I removed the battery terminal and cleared the error, and then the vehicle was not engaged in any way. After some time, I think the gear robot got a little cooler and went into gear and continued on the road. The same error was repeated when I came to Manisa. I thought it was a problem, I wanted to take it to the service, it seemed about 3 km away, but when the error happened again and again, I had to call the tow truck. Until he went to the service, of course the temperature had dropped and he did not have any problems in the service. The master said that I could continue on the road, but after 5-6 km the gear again failed. As a solution, I waited for the weather to darken and I continued on the road. There was no problem until Istanbul.

Apparently, this problem is all about air temperature. My question is, does anyone use this tool in places like Antalya, Adana, Mersin etc.? Will the vehicle not walk at this temperature? Or is there a fault with my vehicle?

08.05.2020 20:27 # 2
uzunca961
When Auto6r was released years ago, I was very surprised at why the Auto5r was put on.
The same thing happened to Auto6r. sometimes it does it from the battery, sometimes from the robot, sometimes from the robot's brain. Which one you have is only understood by looking at the error code. Didn't they say anything to you from the service?
08.05.2020 20:27 # 3
2ekond
I found the private service, not the authorized service that I went to, that was the only Peugeot & Citroen service in Manisa. Before getting on the tractor, they couldn't see anything because I had to remove the battery and clear the error again so that I could only operate the air conditioner, they said that only 2 passive errors appear, while checking from the computer, I was with them and the detail was not. They even checked everything and said all values are normal. We went to the test with the master, we traveled about 10km but did not make the mistake. I got out of the service, when I got to my first place (traffic lights) again it made the mistake. Since it was late in the hour and closed at the service, I again unscrewed the battery terminal and moved the car, pulled into a gas station and waited for the sun to drop and the air temperature to drop. I set off again at 9 in the evening and came from Manisa to Istanbul without any problems.

Now if I go to the authorized service, they will want to do things that maybe not necessary, such as 2000tl, which will change the action, 1500tl will change. What I want to learn is, "does this gear happen in extreme temperatures, there is nothing to do", or is this an abnormal situation definitely a malfunction and repair / replacement of xyz parts?

I stated that I just bought the vehicle, I bought it very fondly, until this error, I was using this type of gear that everyone was twisted in. But if this constantly gives this error and will leave me on the road, I will have to sell the vehicle. Especially in the summer, I do the long road very often, the amount of km I do annually is also high, maybe those who don't drive like me do not encounter such a thing or very rarely, but it is a very important situation for me.
08.05.2020 20:27 # 4
zerzevat
Get well soon.
Our 2008 model 207 1.4 90 hp vti is also an automated 5-speed transmission. that is semi-automatic. I have been using it for a long time. Apart from the insoluble oil pressure problem, I did not experience any problem.

My mother was stuck in a similar way the other day. early morning. it's not too hot. already 3 km. road with 3 - 5 traffic lights without traffic. At the lights, the vehicle pushed with the help of unshifted gear and took it to the side of the road. My mom said gasoline was probably over. doesn't really understand.

I went and looked after 3 hours. vehicle gave gearbox error. there are two lines on the screen. I tried a little while the ignition was on. then it recovered spontaneously and no problem for 1 week ....
Peugeot Forums - Peugeot Fan Club © 2024
“The most auspicious of people, it is people who are useful.”